• great putt

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • great chip or short pitch

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • great pitch or short iron

Votes: 19 17.0%
  • great mid to long iron/hybrid

Votes: 47 42.0%
  • great drive or long tee shot 3w,5w etc..

Votes: 19 17.0%

• Total voters
Mid iron or hybrid that is well struck and lands close is probably the most satisfying because this happens less often for me.

hahaha. Boy oh boy did I waste one today. A par 5 - 275 right down the middle then flopped a 3w and then shanked a 7i (yellow ball) into a huge area of dandelions LOL.. not to be found and then put the next one in the water. Did ya ever?? No don't answer that under the grounds of self incrimination :)

I wasted one right off the bat today on hole#1 a 272 yd par 4. I hit a solid drive and had 20 yds left to the pin, not getting any roll yet here. I thinned the easy pitch over the green, but I managed to chip it close and still get a par.

Short or middle iron to get on the green. Means my alignment is good and I'm hitting the shot just as I draw it up in my head. And if it's a short or middle iron, it means it's probably following a decent tee shot.

Approach shot pin high inside 20 ft. The rare chip in feels great too. I'll give it a Wardy / Tiger fist pump.

Putts are #1 for me, it always feels great to drop those bombs on the green!
I'll add to this...there are certain putts that I can just see going in from the moment I look at them. They may be 18 - 25 footers, or they might be just inside 10 feet, but all of a sudden, the line will just jump out at me; and I'll sometimes even announce "center of the cup." And then....draino. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, that's a great feeling.

I love making 10-15 foot putts. If we're talking about approach shots I would say that when I stick anything from 115-160 it feels really good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any birdie putt I make. It validates all the shots that went into that birdie. It's a great feeling of accomplishment.

For me it's when I hit the shot I planned. Nothing more satisfying then pulling off what you were going for. A good approach would be second to that for me.

Any shot that I draw up in my head and pull off. I love hitting to the picture in my head.

I didnt think there was much in there :confused2:
No but really, what if a beautiful woman is whats in your head? :D
No but really.....well I can just keep going so I wont :)
You walked into this one. Just good fun :)

Wouldn't know.....

I used to have a 3 iron that somehow ended up getting bent. I used it to unlock my buddy's truck when he locked his keys in his extended cab pickup by sticking the bent 3 iron through the vented extended cab windows and pushing the unlock button. That felt pretty good.....

hahaha funny stuff. I always say golf clubs are not just for golf :)

Anyway, I must say I'm a tad surprised not much voting at all for the short greenside plays. I guess that usually means the previous shot was less than great but still, making a great up/down save is pretty rewarding too.

My favorite is that 10-12 foot putt for birdie or par.
When those drop, it just makes me feel really good.

A well struck approach iron. Usually you know as soon as you hit it whether it's gonna be good or not.

As of right now, with how bad i am struggling to keep any drive straight, a drive that lands somewhere in the fairway is so rewarding. knowing i somehow did something right with the big stick in hand makes me feel so good hahaha

Mid/long irons into greens are difficult for me, so I'll take that one. No, wait, sinking a long putt feels so awesome. Then again, sticking a wedge close sets up an easy putt and looks flashy. But that's set up by a big drive probably. Ahhhhhh.

I say ALL good golf shots feel good, and even some bad ones hehe

I didnt think there was much in there :confused2:
No but really, what if a beautiful woman is whats in your head? :D
No but really.....well I can just keep going so I wont :)
You walked into this one. Just good fun :)

Between getting water for golfers and bamboo forest, it's a wonder I think of anything else. ?

A solid drive, because when my game is on that is an indicator of my scoring ability that day

A solid drive, because when my game is on that is an indicator of my scoring ability that day

This ^^^^^ nothing like piping one down the middle it's what keep's me going and coming back although 2nd shot
sometimes end up getting me in trouble....

All of the above........

Draining the putt when it's a must make

Putt is the icing on the cake for me.

The long high soft landing 4 iron. I just love it.

Sinking a putt doesn't do anything for me. I figure I am supposed to sink them, so l get mad when I miss them. But any long iron well struck off a tee or to a green is what I live for.

Mine are the ones that do what I expect them to. Not just hit the fairway, or hit the green, or hit a certain distance, but specific shapes and lines. Saturday on the par 5 9th at a course up here, I had a shot like that. Its a dog leg left uphill and my tee shot caught some overhanging branches on the left side and left me a good bit out, on the left side of the fairway. I know I don't have a big long fw hook, so I wanted to play to PW distance. These are tall pine tree lined fairways, so cutting the corner being that far back wasn't an option. I had to hit a 200 yard shot under some close branches and over some branches about 120 away. I picked a pine tree on the right side of the fairway on a straight line down the left side of the fairway before the dog and fired away. The shot did exactly what I designed it to do. It went perfectly straightat the tree I picked, cleared all the trouble and left me 120 yards.

For me, hitting an approach shot to within a foot or two. It doesn't happen often for me, but knowing you're walking up to the green with basically a tap in for birdie (or par if the hole didn't start well) is probably one of the best feelings in golf.

Back