Hole in one??? What say you...

66Tiger

Golf > Work = :^)
Reaction score
Handicap
Beer&Soju
The nine hole course here has three greens with two pens. Red for the front nine, yellow for the back nine. If you are driving the green and get a hole in one on the wrong pen, is it a hole in one?

Seems to me that you drove the green in one and it is in a hole.....hole in one. :clapp:

No, did not happen today. Got a birdie on a par four though.

Um no. You got it in the wrong hole, sure you got it in one and as such it's a hole in one but not a PROPER one if you know what I mean.

So you would say that you had a non-proper hole-in-one?

It most definitely isn't a hole in one. A story to tell your mates down the pub, yes, but not an ace.

It most definitely isn't a hole in one.

One stroke from the tee to the green and in a regulation hole with a pen.......hole in one.

Nope, not a hole in one as you have not hit from the correct tee to the hole you hit

So if I hit from the 2nd tee back to the first green and put it in the hole I can class it as a hole in one as well using your logic - I hit the green from the tee and it went in....

Nope, not a hole in one as you have not hit from the correct tee to the hole you hit

Two of these holes have the same tee for the red and yellow pens.

Sorry, I have to agree with others in saying no dice on the ace.

Two of these holes have the same tee for the red and yellow pens.
Doesn't matter, you can only have a HIO on the hole you are playing, if it goes in the hole on a different green it is not a HIO but as Mark_UK said it makes an interesting story with your friends.

Wrong hole, you can say it just got in the way. I'd say that's not a hole in one

Um no. You got it in the wrong hole, sure you got it in one and as such it's a hole in one but not a PROPER one if you know what I mean.

I agree on the NO.

It has to be the hole you're aiming for.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One stroke from the tee to the green and in a regulation hole with a pen.......hole in one.

So, you land on this green with your tee shot, drain a putt but into the wrong hole and that's a birdie? Nope. A hole in one is a 1 on the card. This scenario requires you take the ball out of the wrong hole and putt meaning the best you are gonna be writting on the card is a 2. This scenario is the same as playing a par 3, carving your ball into OB, reloading and holing the next shot. Is that a hole in one? Nope, as you've taken 3.

Nope, not even close.

Wrong hole so unfortunately not a hole in one

Wrong hole, not a hole in one. I've seen a green with the hole and the pin, and a previous hole location that had not been filled. Wrong hole.

Sure why not, it'll make for an interesting story on the course.....once or twice.

Not a hole in one. It would be like hitting a soccer ball into the goal on an adjacent field.

What if you tee off and accidentally hit the next close green. Not your own. Happens every day. Is that a hole in one if it goes in? Nope. Wrong pin is wrong pin regardless of the proximity.

So I guess the rule would be to drop it at the nearest point of relief no closer to the intended hole after that and play until in the correct hole. So cool story, but you still have to finish the hole :)

I have driven a couple of Fairways and greens that were not the one for the hole I was playing, but never in the hole. By the way, if there are separate greens you take nearest point of relief off the green to continue as the rule for coming to rest on the wrong green. I saw a guy hit an iron off a green and take a huge divot once--they do have rules for allowing relief from the wrong green.

What if you tee off and accidentally hit the next close green. Not your own. Happens every day. Is that a hole in one if it goes in? Nope. Wrong pin is wrong pin regardless of the proximity.

I'm gonna do this next time. I'll finish a par 5, go to next tee box, turn back toward the green and hit. Boom!! I just drove a par5!!!

Wrong pin? Nope, no hole in one for scoring. No difference than playing back to the green you just finished from the next tee box.

There is a course roughly an hour away from me, some of the holes share greens. Huge greens mind you, and the shared part is probably only 2 feet wide, not one huge gigantic green like St. Andrews. If you accidentally hit a wayward shot into the wrong part of the green, it doesn't mean you can go after the closest hole, you have to go after the one for your hole.

I played a course a year ago in the early early spring (in VA) that in order to save the greens that weren't quite ready yet, they had alternating holes to place the flag, thus saving the green. So 2 holes, 1 flag. The hole you went after is wherever the previous group left the flag. If it went into the other hole, it didn't count as it wasn't the hole you were aiming for in the first place.

Back