Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Irons Preview

They look better than the originals, but where the lines are on the badging cavity need to go. Just a solid color would do worlds better.

I do not love the looks

Wow, my response was from tapatalk, now that I get on line and look...what the heck happened! Nasty all around and not just the red...auuughhh! Will wait for in hand to make a yes/no but what the heck happened, get these young engineers off substance abuse!

These, these irons are what the coverts should have been last year.

I could game these, love the looks.

Take away the inside cavity red and I agree. In hand may be totally different and I hope so, I really enjoyed the 2012 line!

Looks like Nike has found a way to reduce the size of the cavity back but still perform well for mid-high handicappers. I bet these look awesome in person. IMO, aesthetics-wise, Nike has created some of the most beautiful clubs in the industry with the Covert & Covert 2.0 lines. Seriously, cavity backed driver and hybrids!

I'm anxious to try out the 2.0 selection!

Last edited:
Got a chance to hit these at a demo day at the indoor range I'm a member at. Tried both the 2.0 forged and cast. The surprise winner for me was the cast. If I were to get a set, I'd need them shorter and flatter, but they're actually a really nice feeling club. Head isn't enormous, and actually have really nice feel. The stock shafts are 120g, which surprised me given the trend of distance irons going to 90g and less shafts. Really nice feel through the swing.

Wow that is a heavy stock shaft for a GI club like that. Thanks for the info mp.

I bought a set of these a few weeks ago. Have hit them a few rounds on the simulator, but won't be able to hit them outside until the weather breaks.

I think they look great; the pictures here are a little misleading. Great pictures, but in hand the red is a nice deep red, not a bright distracting red. Love the polished chrome finish as well - just a nice looking set of clubs. I have the Kuro Kage red stiff shafts, and loved the way they feel, look , and hit. Give these clubs a chance before you dismiss them outright- they could very well displace my XHPs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Covert 2 Irons are nice looking in person and in the way they set up to the ball. Hit them twice with graphite shafts in the last week at different demo days and like them. Today, I tried the 5 iron. I haven't been able to hit a regular (non hybrid) 5 iron in 3-4 years. Today, I hit 5 straight and high perfect 5 iron shots. I was more consistent with the 5 than the 7 even with hitting the 7 pretty well too. It was incredibly easy to hit and flew as high if not higher than my current 5 hyron. I'm tempted to buy this set for the 5 iron alone. I also like the 2.0 (non-tour) driver. Very impressed with Nike this year.
Man, all the red will clash with my orange, black and light gray bag.

Hit my friends' today and really liked them. A bit less feedback on off-center hits than I'd prefer, but a real improvement over last year's.

Hit my friends' today and really liked them. A bit less feedback on off-center hits than I'd prefer, but a real improvement over last year's.

Can you at least feel that the strike is off center?

When I tested them, I thought you could. But less so than the JPX 825 that I was comparing them to.

I can, it's just the slight off hits that are slightly difficult to tell.

Back