2014 Love Is In The Air - New THP Event

Well Orlando's check in and security is just lovely....

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Lovely as in the biggest clusterF ever? I agree.

Why don't you #CoersIt and drive down to Tampa and fly out?

Us too

4ujare4e.jpg

You leave the pool already?

Finally back in California.

Finally home and unpacked. I'll start my recaps but first I'd like to say thanks again to JB, GG and 441 for putting this together. I had a blast, and more importantly my wife said multiple times on the way home how much fun she had.

The resort was overwhelming when we pulled up Friday afternoon (we wouldn't know to what extent until Saturday morning). It was a great choice and we are already planning to come back with the kids in the future. The meet and greet flew by (it was great to see some old faces again and meet a bunch of new ones) but I was OK with that because I was starving...after a quick trip down the interstate the process of eating myself miserable commenced. Gaylord does it right and that buffet was wonderful. Too good really...I ate way too much. Thanks to JB and GG for your generosity.

Saturday morning we walked around the resort before I headed out. Wow, that place is something else. So much to do and so dang nice. Something for everyone in the family really. Saturday golf was a blast. The course wasn't playing too difficult so it was nice to get some confidence and play well. TNT...that driver is going to be solid gold for you buddy. Troy, you kill the ball...I have a feeling you are about to break thru, you were just a couple unfortunate mishaps away from a stellar round (it was still a great round!). Bret...good to see you again and tee it up...not sure how you can continue to swing so hard but you can strike the ball well and your putting Saturday was amazing. I hope to tee it up with you guys again.

Dinner saturday was equally good. We frequent our own Japanese steakhouses here at home but Kobe just kept adding food to our plate. It was a nice change and once again I left stuffed. I really, really liked the Fried Shrimp Roll and the Philly Roll was exceptional as usual. Kobe saved 4 tables in the same area for us and everyone was having it blast it seems. Im jealous 441 got a free cupcake tho. All the chefs seemed to be very interactive and it was nice to get a little variety (aside from japanese butterfly and volcano/choo choo train) from their performace. I got to talk to Just Hacking alot at dinner and since we didnt get to play golf at all together it was good to get to know another THPer. I hope we can tee it up one day...maybe in Milledgeville in a couple weeks?

Sunday morning I woke up before my alarm and was pretty anxious/nervous. I had no idea how the day was going to go. Going in the last group made it drag on even more but I think it gave us all (read: me) more time to get comfortable. The other wives/gf's seemed to be on the same page as my wife...and after the first hole I think everyone loosened up a little. I know I was nervous about having to line her up to putt and making sure I didnt say the wrong thing or say it the wrong way...and make sure I didnt react negatively to her performance. It really was fun watching everyone on the green...the reactions of the guys and the gals were priceless at times. I played with niteowl, golfinff and mmaynard and they were great. I'm glad my wife got to see our interactions and how we just come together and have a good time on the course even when we just met. Again, I hope we can tee it up again. Big thanks to Mrs Maynard and GolfinFF for picking up the cart girl tabs as well.

Some takeaways:

- I love THP events...I really love multiple day THP events.

- I dont love tv's that require a trackball to operate

- apparently I never want to #coersit

- I have yet to meet a THPers that I dont like

- Involving the wives/gf's was a GREAT idea

- I need more forgiving irons

- Rain shower heads are neat but not effective

- The Hyatt was really, really nice

- I love THP events

I cant say it enough, but thank you for the opportunity and thank you for allowing my wife to play along!

Sparks,
I was just thinking about that stupid trackball remote this morning and how I hated it there, but want it here to work with having a PC attached to TV. But yes, I full agree how awful it was.

well if you guys had a Samsung device you could just use it as a remote.

#FunnyWatchingPeopleFreakOutWhenIChangeTheirChannels

Lol.

well if you guys had a Samsung device you could just use it as a remote.

#FunnyWatchingPeopleFreakOutWhenIChangeTheirChannels

Lol.
Try that in a resort on their wifi and see what happens.
Nothing.
I have a Samsung device.

Oh, that sucks, didn't think it would matter with the IR part.

Why don't you #CoersIt and drive down to Tampa and fly out?

Because Coers would show up late there as well.... :)

In all seriousness..... Definitely sad to be leaving Florida and my first THP event. What a great experience.

Because Coers would show up late there as well.... :)

In all seriousness..... Definitely sad to be leaving Florida and my first THP event. What a great experience.

Safe travels to you and Becky. Had a fun time with you guys and enjoyed those ice cream stops.

How was everyone's bill? Any issues? For the people who stayed extra days, were you charged for those days?

Were still here and they said THP paid for the 9-11 correct? Just want to make sure we'll pay right if we were suppose to pay for Sunday night.

I haven't seen a bill. I am guessing ours was ridiculous, thanks to the added massage, valet parking for 2 cars, and my wife playing Monte Hall with the poolside drinks while we were golfing on Saturday.

Were still here and they said THP paid for the 9-11 correct? Just want to make sure we'll pay right if we were suppose to pay for Sunday night.

Yes, THP paid for the nights of the 9th and 10th, so any other nights you stay should be charged to the credit card you gave them when you checked in.

How was everyone's bill? Any issues? For the people who stayed extra days, were you charged for those days?

No problem here Morgan, the staff was excellent about our delay in getting out of our room Sunday.

Everything checked out for us GG. No problems at all.

I haven't seen a bill. I am guessing ours was ridiculous, thanks to the added massage, valet parking for 2 cars, and my wife playing Monte Hall with the poolside drinks while we were golfing on Saturday.

Erky, let me help ease the pain!! I didn't even think about you parking 2 cars. You gave me a couple of rides. Shoot me a PM!!

Erky, let me help ease the pain!! I didn't even think about you parking 2 cars. You gave me a couple of rides. Shoot me a PM!!

No way, my man. We needed 2 cars because Jamie isn't coming home until Saturday. No sweat.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

Enjoying a Lindor Truffle or three. Enjoying the recaps everyone. Was such a great event!

By the way, my wife had her first actual round tonight at her beginners' league after 5 weeks of lessons. She had a great time!

They walked 9 holes (short course) and she parred the 3rd hole... hybrid, chip, 6-footer for par. Not bad for the first time out.

Back