Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what a hub thing is, but the picture quality was excellent today. Must be the camera/phone?

picked up one of these for my Nexus 7. So thin, I like it.

Wife and I have been using the same cases on our nexus 10s for about 18 months now. Best case on the market

I'm not sure what a hub thing is, but the picture quality was excellent today. Must be the camera/phone?

Those were taken with her regular cell phone. The hub she is referring to, is the new My Cloud we have set up, so while one of us is on the road at an event, we can upload directly and the other can work on them.

Those were taken with her regular cell phone. The hub she is referring to, is the new My Cloud we have set up, so while one of us is on the road at an event, we can upload directly and the other can work on them.

You guys never rest always going to new heights to bring us more and better content. Thank You !!

I posted in the Parenting thread too but this could yield some good feedback as well...
Currently researching multi camera baby monitor solutions.

I took a quick look at DropCams and altho slick, they seemed a bit pricey and heard not really meant for baby monitoring, etc...

Anyone currently using a good product?

Got a new Samsung galaxy s5, can anyone recommend doing a good case? Something with a kickstand preferably.

Picking up a new tablet today.
Going with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.4 Pro.
Shocked to find out it comes with a years worth of free GoGo Inflight wifi that normally costs $60 per month for frequent travelers.
Granted its only for 36 flights, but thats a good amount and enough to cover me.

Got a new Samsung galaxy s5, can anyone recommend doing a good case? Something with a kickstand preferably.

Scroll up a few posts. JB posted pics of a nice one:angel:

Shocked to find out it comes with a years worth of free GoGo Inflight wifi that normally costs $60 per month for frequent travelers.
Granted its only for 36 flights, but thats a good amount and enough to cover me.

NICE! I bought my wife the Note 10.1 for Mothers Day. She already has the V1 app downloaded and can't wait to use the S-pen with the V1 while giving lessons.

What is it about the Pro that Polaris Office can't handle?

Also, what do you do for outdoor viewing? Are there some screen protectors you recommend?

may have missed it, but why are you ditching the Nexus?

NICE! I bought my wife the Note 10.1 for Mothers Day. She already has the V1 app downloaded and can't wait to use the S-pen with the V1 while giving lessons.

What is it about the Pro that Polaris Office can't handle?

Also, what do you do for outdoor viewing? Are there some screen protectors you recommend?

The new Office apps are pretty incredible in my testing.
Then add the great screen. I dont do a lot of outdoor viewing, so cant comment on that part of it.

may have missed it, but why are you ditching the Nexus?

Not by choice, love the Nexus. It appears to have been dropped by someone such as a bell man, etc. Not sure where or why, but the battery will not hold a charge and its acting a bit screwy. Gives me a chance to upgrade here to a bit larger (8 inch is my favorite for form factor) while still using my peripherals such as HDMI dongle, USB hub, etc. And get the new office software and tons of freebies.

Not by choice, love the Nexus. It appears to have been dropped by someone such as a bell man, etc. Not sure where or why, but the battery will not hold a charge and its acting a bit screwy. Gives me a chance to upgrade here to a bit larger (8 inch is my favorite for form factor) while still using my peripherals such as HDMI dongle, USB hub, etc. And get the new office software and tons of freebies.

that stinks. I'm with you on the form factor size. It's definitely my favorite.

Ive had one since March. Its a nice tablet. One down side is the battery life not being the best. id recommend a some sort of battery device charger to go with it for traveling.

Ive had one since March. Its a nice tablet. One down side is the battery life not being the best. id recommend a some sort of battery device charger to go with it for traveling.

I never leave home without a portable power.

New toys are always fun, and the g tab is freaking sweet. You will love it.

I grabbed a WD MyCloud 2TB over the weekend for storing all of our downloaded movies, pictures, and just about everything else. With having so many devices it just makes sense to have a cloud that can be accessed from everywhere, especially for the kids and their movies. Nice to be able to access all the media from wherever we are, but the biggest thing for me is that I no longer have to load a movie or a downloaded show on to 2-3 devices, only have to link it straight to the cloud and easily access it from any device we may have (3 laptops, 4 tablets, 3 smartphones). Being able to upload to the cloud from any device is a huge feature as well.

I picked up the 8.4 Pro and returned it for the Note 10.1 2014 Edition. Better Battery life and the extra screen real estate is nice.

The 8.4 just felt weird in the vertical orientation to me.

I picked up the 8.4 Pro and returned it for the Note 10.1 2014 Edition. Better Battery life and the extra screen real estate is nice.

The 8.4 just felt weird in the vertical orientation to me.

I think some will feel that way. Im not a 10 inch tablet guy. Much prefer the smaller form factor.

Im a big guy and even for me I prefer the 8 inch size. Ive had an original iPad 2, and iPad Mini, a Nexus 7, and Now the Tab Pro 8.4. The mini and the Tab have been my favorites. I think the Tab may be a little too tall, but nothing too weird.

New toys are always fun, and the g tab is freaking sweet. You will love it.

I grabbed a WD MyCloud 2TB over the weekend for storing all of our downloaded movies, pictures, and just about everything else. With having so many devices it just makes sense to have a cloud that can be accessed from everywhere, especially for the kids and their movies. Nice to be able to access all the media from wherever we are, but the biggest thing for me is that I no longer have to load a movie or a downloaded show on to 2-3 devices, only have to link it straight to the cloud and easily access it from any device we may have (3 laptops, 4 tablets, 3 smartphones). Being able to upload to the cloud from any device is a huge feature as well.

about time you picked one up!
i've got one as well. it's 3TB though, no big deal. :alien: lol

yes, it's great. being able to access all my media from any device, anywhere, is great. i also enjoy the auto-backup feature as well....every pic/video i take with my phone is automatically backed up to it within seconds. very handy...

Half a day with the new tablet and so far I love it.

Half a day with the new tablet and so far I love it.

Nice dude! I bet you are loving the samsung features on it compared to the nexus.

Nice dude! I bet you are loving the samsung features on it compared to the nexus.

Im kind of split on that.
Love the free of bloat Nexus and the speed of that machine was staggering.
But the new Samsung and some of the programs are incredible.
Hancom Office is perfection for mobile use. Best mobile office I have seen to date.
Love the GoGo Internet I got for a year.
Heck, the freebies alone were incredible.

Im kind of split on that.
Love the free of bloat Nexus and the speed of that machine was staggering.
But the new Samsung and some of the programs are incredible.
Hancom Office is perfection for mobile use. Best mobile office I have seen to date.
Love the GoGo Internet I got for a year.
Heck, the freebies alone were incredible.

What kind of price tag something like this running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back