What is the Ultimate Compliment You Can Receive from a Playing Partner/Opponent

" you are so sexy " "I think I have a man crush on you" and " boy , you look just like Sylvester Stallone"

things like that

I like it recently when people say they can see improvement in my game.

It's nowhere where I want it, but its slowly getting there.
It's those verbal pats on the back that feel good.

That, and I of course want to have fun and hope all that are in my company do the same.

"How do you hit the ball that consistently with that swing"?

"You stink, but your equipment, apparel and shoes always look quite nice".
"How in the world can you score with a swing that looks like that"
"Some people make garbage work and you do it better than most. I shall call you dumpster"
"Never had this much fun on the golf course"

I have heard all three of these things in the last 24 months.
The last one I take great pride in.

This is me exactly! While playing in Palm Springs with a random tennis pro from Kansas I heard all of these and that was a round I'll never forget.

Someone once told me, "Gee you don't suck near as bad as I thought you did, good job!"

I had fun and would like to do it again. That's it.

I often get compliments on my clubs. Everyone loves Mizunos and aspires to play them, apparently. One of my favorites memories is playing with a couple guys, one of them who had a horrible temper who complimented my clubs and then I overheard him telling his buddy, "I could play like that if I had those clubs too!!!" The funniest part was that the dude had an older set of Pings, which are very nice clubs in their own right.

"You are making great progress in your game."
"That was an enjoyable round!"

It's nice to have confirmation that the game is starting to come around, and I always want to set the table for people to enjoy their round of golf. If they don't enjoy it, at least I'll know I wasn't at fault.

I just like to hear good shot or nice ball work for me

I like to hear nice shot or great ball every now and again, definitely nothing wrong with a high five, must mean you did something really good.

After the round if they say, it was good playing with you and/or let's do this again is always a good compliment.

I've been told by a small handful of people, including the pro at my old course, and the guy that did my last club fitting, that I should be a single handicapper with the swing I have. It's a double edged compliment though, as it highlights just how shockingly bad my short game is LOL.

Have you got change for a $50.

"I had a blast today." That is all I need to hear.

I dont care if we all shoot 120. If everyone has fun, then that is what means the most. Give me 120 and a great time over 80 and a miserable round.
That to me is the ultimate words to hear. I can tell when someone means it or not.

I've been told by a small handful of people, including the pro at my old course, and the guy that did my last club fitting, that I should be a single handicapper with the swing I have. It's a double edged compliment though, as it highlights just how shockingly bad my short game is LOL.

Yep, I hear this all the time, total double edged sword hahaha. My stupid brain gets in the way! :banghead:

The ultimate compliment for me is "well that was fun!!"

Mine would be "way to hussle" after duffing my tee shot :banghead:

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Having people that have played with me over the past year or so and for them to tell me how much better I'm getting. It lets me know my hard work is paying off.

Being told by a guy I play with on a regular basis that I need to get my putting coach a Christmas card was pretty cool.

Hearing from someone about my great potential always makes me smile.

The "best" compliment I have ever received was when I played once with the assistant pro at a local course. He said about half way through the round, "your tempo is as smooth at Gary's". Gary is the head pro and is known locally for his great tempo and smooth swing. (Just wish I could score as well as him)

The compliment I like to hear the most is, "you are fun to play with, we need to do this again".

I think the compliment I enjoy receiving the most is that people really enjoy playing with me. Even in competitions, I like to compliment good shots and have a good time. What's the point of playing golf if you cant enjoy yourself and the company you keep?

I think the compliment I enjoy receiving the most is that people really enjoy playing with me. Even in competitions, I like to compliment good shots and have a good time. What's the point of playing golf if you cant enjoy yourself and the company you keep?

Exactly

Anytime my playing partners tell me they had a great time is a win!

As far as complementing my game...probably after my match with Thainer in last years Morgan Cup...I went in to that match as a huge underdog and after taking it all the way to #17 and actually having a lead on the back 9, Thain told me how well I played, Bullfrog said I played my ass off and JTnumbers told me that he really respected how hard I fought and how good I played.

Back