Callaway Apex Irons Review Thread

It's a wonderful feeling.

I made the same choice (from MPs to Apex), and my iron game has never been better.

You scores show it, you have been tearing it up :)
I think the 5 trough 7 iron is where I am going to see a huge difference

This and this.

Thank you!

I am a Callaway homer now for sure, and it's not only because of how amazing the people at Callaway are, it's also because their products are amazing

I bet the Px 95 is a good match with these. I went back and forth on shafts before finally deciding on kbs v

I'm going back and forth between the PX 95 and tour 90s at the moment!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I am a Callaway homer now for sure, and it's not only because of how amazing the people at Callaway are, it's also because their products are amazing

They really hit a home run with everything in the 2014 lineup. Typically, an OEM will have some really good stuff and some hit or miss stuff. Callaway just hit on everything this year.

They really hit a home run with everything in the 2014 lineup. Typically, an OEM will have some really good stuff and some hit or miss stuff. Callaway just hit on everything this year.

I agree, the alpha has been amazing for me. I love the MD2 wedges and the apex speak for themselves.
I am going to get a BB 3 wood and then I am all set :)

I find it interesting that virtually no one is sticking with the stock shafts in these. Did you try them and not get along? Just find better options? Or right them off based on previous conceived notions or past experiences.

I find it interesting that virtually no one is sticking with the stock shafts in these. Did you try them and not get along? Just find better options? Or right them off based on previous conceived notions or past experiences.

I really like KBS and wanted them, wish I could give a better explanation but that is it

Went through a fitting at the CPC and was recommended C Tapers. The stock shafts weren't bad, just didn't feel comfortable with them.

KBS tour in stiff gave me better numbers and I like a heavier shaft in my irons. Plus no harm in trying all the shafts you can since they offer so many at no up charge.

Should have mine on Monday, and I'm soooooo stoked!!

Ok .. I was really close to buying the speedblades the distance I was getting was insane with them , feel was pretty good , accuracy was ok . just something was missing .
Then I saw the pics of the Sldr irons ..whoa and they are saying the feel is better than the sb.
I finally got a chance to hit the Apec outdoors on grass .. nirvana ..oh oh baby great soft, solid feel ! better ball flight tighter dispersion , not as long as the sb, but shear love. Pick up a mint set 5-pw.aw.sw on ebay with my shaft a few hund off retail. Very pumped to land these !!!
gb

Just got an email with about 10 business days til the are in hand. Can't wait!!

I ended up going with the stock XP95 in stiff. We tried several different shafts in both R and S flex. I'd hit a couple, hand the club to my fitter, he would switch shafts and not tell me what it was, and I'd hit a couple more. Based solely on feel, the XP95 was the one I kept grinning and going "oh baby" after striking one, and we backed it up with ball flight and launch monitors numbers. This is the first fitting I've done, and it was an awesome experience. I'm so stoked to get these in my hands!

I'm wildly jealous of you all, it is however very cool to see these continue to live up to the expectations/hype. Not to mention, they just look damn good.

Got in another round with the new Apex irons today. Still getting used to them and the custom fit, as they generate a draw bias which is new for me. I'm learning to align to play the draw more and it's working out really well. The Recoil shafts have a nice low/mid flight for me but they have no problems stopping on the green. Really enjoying these sticks a lot. Just need a bit more time to keep dialing in the swing.

Tappin' from my Samsung Note 3

Man that sounds excellent. I think we will see some come up for sale on THP around the conclusion of the MC and I plan to jump on the first good deal I see. This thread is so encouraging.

These irons are awesome but man are they soft...unreal the nicks and dings I have on them after a month....much worse than DPC's.

Has my first range session today, I am very pumped. They have a much bigger profile and top line that what I have been use to the last 20 years but I am embracing it. When hitting the 5 iron today it felt amazing. It is like the best of both worlds, very forgiving but soft enough you can still feel your miss. Going to the range again tomorrow then getting some rounds in next week, I am really excited to get them on the course

Sparksjr hit my 5i last weekend and I thought he was gonna steal it!

Callaway Apex Irons Review Thread

Sparksjr hit my 5i last weekend and I thought he was gonna steal it!

It was sick that's for sure. Best shot with a 5i I have hit in 7 years. I will be watching for those hitting the BST thread!

The thing I like most is that the short irons don't look hideous. A lot of non "pro" style short irons look too big and clunky but these seem to meet in the middle well.

I am definitely buying some. When, where and how much remains to be seen but I'll have to wait on a killer deal.

Submitted my order for the MC last night. Apex 5-SW with Recoil 660 F3. I tried the Lite flex just to see if maybe it would help speed up the club or give me some extra height but the F3 (R Flex) actually increased swing speed and launch angle. I have lusted after these for a while and the fact that they won out against the X2Hots was actually quite surprising to me. I imagine these will be in my bag for a very long time.

Just got an email that a few LH apex heads are on back order and won't be shipped til about the end of the month :(

There is a set of these sitting in eBay for around $550 with a day left.

#watchlist

Back