Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picking up a new tablet today.
Going with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.4 Pro.
Shocked to find out it comes with a years worth of free GoGo Inflight wifi that normally costs $60 per month for frequent travelers.
Granted its only for 36 flights, but thats a good amount and enough to cover me.

What tablet did you get?

Here ya go bud. Right above you.

What kind of price tag something like this running?

It was $350 - 10% off coupon we had.
Hard to compare when looking at the Nexus 7 and its under $200 tag for similar features.
Just wanted something a bit bigger and the GoGo in flight pushed me over the top.
If it wasn't for that, I probably would have grabbed another Nexus 7 or Amazon Kindle Fire HDX

Im kind of split on that.
Love the free of bloat Nexus and the speed of that machine was staggering.
But the new Samsung and some of the programs are incredible.
Hancom Office is perfection for mobile use. Best mobile office I have seen to date.
Love the GoGo Internet I got for a year.
Heck, the freebies alone were incredible.

Free Go Go for a year (or so many flights) is a freaking SOLID offering for a promo. Worth the price of the tablet alone, actually.

Free Go Go for a year (or so many flights) is a freaking SOLID offering for a promo. Worth the price of the tablet alone, actually.

I did some math and looked at my travel schedule.
I was planning on the unlimited month for 6 of the next 8 months, so that is $300 right there.

Wow Josh you made out like a bandit. I have a heard great things about the tablet also. I am still rocking my Asus TF101 with Android 4.0 it still looks great and runs fast so I can't complain. Can't beat the MicroSD support also

Wow Josh you made out like a bandit. I have a heard great things about the tablet also. I am still rocking my Asus TF101 with Android 4.0 it still looks great and runs fast so I can't complain. Can't beat the MicroSD support also

That I really like and have a 64gb plugged in there now.
Also let's me continue to use my USB to hdmi Dongle as well as USB to USB Dongle for connecting peripherals or external hard drive.

Here ya go bud. Right above you.

It was $350 - 10% off coupon we had.
Hard to compare when looking at the Nexus 7 and its under $200 tag for similar features.
Just wanted something a bit bigger and the GoGo in flight pushed me over the top.
If it wasn't for that, I probably would have grabbed another Nexus 7 or Amazon Kindle Fire HDX

I may have to look at the Nexus 7 again in the next few days, not in the mood to take the pos we have now anywhere

I did some math and looked at my travel schedule.
I was planning on the unlimited month for 6 of the next 8 months, so that is $300 right there.

When I saw you post that deal up, I was freaking impressed. I mean, it's 9.99+ a flight, two (sometimes more) per trip. It pays for itself.

Brilliant idea for GoGo to do this. I would be curious to see numbers on how many people actually use the entire deal to make it worth it? Just a smart marketing move for them, and it probably costs them nothing.

That I really like and have a 64gb plugged in there now.
Also let's me continue to use my USB to hdmi Dongle as well as USB to USB Dongle for connecting peripherals or external hard drive.

Good stuff there seems like you have it all figured out. I still tease my wife about her iPad and it's amazing functionality haha

Really digging the new tablet. FWIW I loved the Nexus 7 too. I have tried out just about every tablet on the market the last 6 months and to finally have one to use makes me pretty happy.

Also really loved the amazon Kindle hdx 8.9 but without USB use it was eliminated.

Kind of makes you wonder what 2023 will bring eh?

Bna5ahBIcAAi785.jpg

Kind of makes you wonder what 2023 will bring eh?

Bna5ahBIcAAi785.jpg

3D micro chips are being made now, silicone is being used.

I can't fathom it. Just the 3D chips will be amazin.

I just bought a class 10 64GB for $35. Hard to be happier than that.

I don't even know what that means and I am impressed hahaha

Class gives you some idea of speed. I try to go Class 6 or higher if its for something that will involve pictures or videos.
64GB is merely the size. Increasing my tablet storage from 16gb to 80gb for $35.

So one of the perks of moving was allowing me to donate my old HD TV which I was patiently waiting to have a problem so I had an excuse to get new one.

Since it never happened the move gave me the needed excuse. I am looking at Smart TVs and have been focusing on Samsung.

But I figured I would throw it out there to see if anyone had any suggestions.

So one of the perks of moving was allowing me to donate my old HD TV which I was patiently waiting to have a problem so I had an excuse to get new one.

Since it never happened the move gave me the needed excuse. I am looking at Smart TVs and have been focusing on Samsung.

But I figured I would throw it out there to see if anyone had any suggestions.

I'd go Samsung too. Probably a little pricier but I've become a huge fan of the brand.

I'd go Samsung too. Probably a little pricier but I've become a huge fan of the brand.

got a costco membership? they carry vizio's cheaper than most other stores and costco's return/warranty policy is amazing. vizio's are pretty good. what size are you thinking? i have an LG that does quite nicely, but vizio would be tops if i needed another.

So I dropped the 64gb card into the new tablet and its awesome. Loading it up with movies now.
Best part? having the USB dongle to bring along a thumb drive that is also loaded with TV shows.
Save my internal memory of the device for documents and presentations.
Plus with the HDMI dongle, I can then not have to suffer with hotel WiFi and watch my own stuff.
Traveling is just so much easier now.

So I dropped the 64gb card into the new tablet and its awesome. Loading it up with movies now.
Best part? having the USB dongle to bring along a thumb drive that is also loaded with TV shows.
Save my internal memory of the device for documents and presentations.
Plus with the HDMI dongle, I can then not have to suffer with hotel WiFi and watch my own stuff.
Traveling is just so much easier now.

The 64gb SD card is a life saver. I literally have NOTHING installed on my actual tablet and have all my apps loaded directly to the SD card. Makes the tablet lightening fast.

I just read that at bgr as well. Makes me rethink my homescreen

Just got the pebble watch, anyone have any golf app recommendations?

Interesting read on usability of Android and iPhone from a user of both at ZDnet.

http://www.zdnet.com/this-single-sc...years-behind-android-in-usability-7000029521/

Widgets are nice that's for sure. My iPhone is jail broken and I have fiddled with all kinds. I currently just have 1 running because it got too crowded (and I can move and shrink icons). I don't think the iPhone screen size supports the use of many widgets...if my screen was larger I would probably use more if able but I also don't want a 6" phone screen.

I don't agree with everything's apple does with their phones (hence my jailbreak) but I don't think they really care about us geeks...they just want to appeal to the masses and they have done a good job doing that.

I am really interested in what 2014 brings to iOS and the iPhone as my upgrade is due in September and that will determine which way I go.

Nexus 7 acquires.

Tried to get grex a s4 for the 4th time but after waiting an hour we left

Baby monitor - want one with pan/tilt, wireless, and remote access with iPhone or Android. I know plenty of people have been down this road before, just want to get some ideas for which ones to avoid and which ones to look more closely at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back