Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long par 4 up hill against the wind and dog legs right. OB left with timber right, this hole is not often kind to me. I hit the perfect drive, low into the wind with a baby fade that split the fw and rolled well. Followed up with a 137 8i (against the wind) to center of the green and made the 10 foot birdie putt.

A short Par 4 about 330 yards that is a tight fairway that has a pretty good elevation change as the fairway approaches the green. Decided to play the hole conservatively and promptly pulled my 8 iron into some pine trees on right side of the fairway. Fortunately I was able to take another 8 iron hit off hard pan dirt for my approach shot out of the trees and draw back to the front of the green. Followed it up with a two putt for par.

Mine was a combo of 2 shots. On my 2nd shot of a par 5, I sprayed it way right, into a pond... 4th shot (after drop) from 180, landed about 20 ft from the pin. Dropped the 20 ft putt for an up-and-down from 180 yards. I rarely get one of those from green side.

Best Shot Of Your Round

Not a shot, but best hole was par 5 510y 9th: very strong downwind, launched my drive high and it went about 290 yards (30mph winds!) 3h went a touch under 200y, leaving me some 40y to the pin, played an 8I bump&run just past the hole and the 6-7 footer for birdie fell.
The bump&run was probably the smartest shot I played in my golfing career...
Add the two times I scrambled for par on 17 and 18 and I felt pretty good about my round, despite the rain and wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tee shot at the Fourth. It's a forced carry over a ravine with a sharp dog leg to the right that also descends to the green. Hit my Alti 4 off the tee, watched it get up high, then turn slightly, landing on the fairway, bouncing along the fairway, then hit the downhill and kept rolling until about 60 yards from the green. The hole looks like this:

4a.jpg

Looking back at the tee from the fairway:

4c.jpg

Doesn't look bad in 1st pic

Looks as narrow as a closet in that 2nd...oh my

From Sunday...number 8, a 177 par 3 into a good breeze with the pin tucked deep left behind a bunker. I hit a really nice draw with 5i that curved around the bunker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't look bad in 1st pic

Looks as narrow as a closet in that 2nd...oh my

It's definitely a visual thing but realistically it's pretty wide so long as you're not Bubba trying for a 50 yard swooping fade shot.

What drives me nuts is that the tee is set on a hill side, so the ball is below your feet, making you try to set up for a fade.

Taps away

2ehy3une.jpg

Approach on #17 from 130 with a 9i. Made the birdie putt to get back to even going into 18.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

2ehy3une.jpg

Approach on #17 from 130 with a 9i. Made the birdie putt to get back to even going into 18.

Wow dude...great 9

2ehy3une.jpg

Nice freaking round today dude!

Thanks guys. First time I've had multiple birdies in 9 holes! Almost didn't play this morning but the started fit me in for the back 9.

That is awesome, congrats

2ehy3une.jpg

Saw your post earlier, but could not respond AMart. Congrats on the PB and I very much look forward to meeting you man. Keep up the good work!

JM

Quick 9 after work. After I punched out of the woods, my buddy bet me I couldn't put one on the green by hitting a flop over these trees from 55 yards. That's my divot, bottom right. Tapped this in for a par.

y4yvemyg.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

Mine has the be the 4 iron I hit into the par 5 today. Was about 210 out with wind coming off the right. Hit a beautiful draw that was right on line with the pin when it hit the green but released to just off the collar for an easy up and down birdie.

150 yd downhill Par 3 - right center pin location. Pulled PW and launched one high tracking just to the right of the flag. Bounced off the fringe and released at the flag, settling in just 1 foot or so away. Easiest birdie putt of my life.

I had so many good shots, which is something I haven't been able to say in awhile. But probably the one that I call the best shot of my round was on the 4th hole, a short par 4, playing 250 yards, into a gentle wind. 2nd shot was about a 30 yard shot. Hit the pitch shot pure and crisp, landed with some left spin, thought I was going to hole it. Ended up with 18" for an easy birdie. Best shot of my day because it really set up the rest of the day and just a total feel of pin seeking all day long.

~Rock

4H to within a putters length on a 185 yard Par 3. Very happy, but slightly letdown. I was playing the blues with that shot but had played a tourney on the same course earlier from the whites. Not only did I miss the green on the 165 yard shot, it was the closest to the pin and the winning distance was 18 feet. Grrr. Timing is everything.

Hole 15 at my home course is a 520 yard par 5. I hit a great drive and had 185 to the center of the green and 195 to the flag. It's an uphill second/third shot to a long narrow green. I had a little wind at my back so I decided to hit my 190 club, a 5 iron, figuring up hill and down wind would even out to hit it roughly 185. It was my second shot, hit it perfectly at my target which was a tree as you couldn't see the pin. I knew if it was the right club it would be perfect. Well, it was sitting about 5' below the hole. Straight putt back up the hill for an eagle.

Great drive on par 4 left me 70 yards out, smooth 9-3 wedge put me below the hole 2 feet for the easy bird. The funny thing is I had 2 birds today and the other was also up and down from right about 70 and the same 58* wedge.

On this past Tuesday, I was about 50 yards short of the par 4 5th hole on Fort lee's white course with my second shot. From there I slam dunked a gap wedge for a rare birdie. I could only see about half the pin from where I hit the shot. When we got to the green I thought my ball was about 5' from the pin, but was informed by one of the other old farts I play with that it was his ball. So, we started looking behind the green for my ball. Then one of the guys in the group ahead of us drove his cart back towards us and yelled, "It went in the hole on the fly".

Today, hole 1 at Tierra Verde - bump and run hole out from 95 yds for eagle

My tee shot on the par 4 18th

e6utugug.jpg

Was playing in a scramble tournament yesterday with a buddy of mine. We both hit terrible shots off the tee into a greenside bunker. Hit a perfect shot out of the sand and holed it for a birdie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back