Today may be the biggest (golf-related) day of my life so far

Congrats!! I took the private club plunge 5 years ago for our family of 5 and we have 3 using the golf, 3 using the tennis, and 5 using the gym. Watch out for your kids charging up a bunch of food and sometimes items from the pro shop. My two teenagers along with my 8 year old have no problem running a $100+ per month tab in smoothies, gatorades, and other snack bar items. :act-up:

[QUOTE One of my college buddies is a member of a club out at Fresno; maybe it's the same one. Look for the guy playing during the week in all the Puma gear.

You sent to college with Ricky Fowler?[/QUOTE]

Ha, he looked like it when we played a round together a few weeks ago.

Congrats. Best thing I have done, golf wise

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Congrats!! I took the private club plunge 5 years ago for our family of 5 and we have 3 using the golf, 3 using the tennis, and 5 using the gym. Watch out for your kids charging up a bunch of food and sometimes items from the pro shop. My two teenagers along with my 8 year old have no problem running a $100+ per month tab in smoothies, gatorades, and other snack bar items. :act-up:

Yeah, I'm definitely aware of that danger. I'm guessing there will be several family meetings held to discuss this very subject!

That's great to hear dude. I have a bunch of family in Fresno and the surrounding areas. If you are referring to Copper River I can't even tell you how jealous I am. There are few places actually that I would be super jealous about.

Congratulations...I'm sure it will be a great investment for you and your family, something you can all enjoy together.

Just saw that it was Fort Washington. I've wanted to play there but never had the chance. I've heard so many good things about it though. Again dudr, congratulations.

Very nice! Hope it works well for you and your family.

Yeah, I'm definitely aware of that danger. I'm guessing there will be several family meetings held to discuss this very subject!

I don't mind them getting some items at the club but sometimes they will buy lunch for a few friends and my girls will charge some clothes to our account without thinking about how much things cost.

Again, congrats, it looks like a great club with a great golf course.

Sounds great, and with you and the kids having access like you do, it will be worth the costs. Have fun!

Just saw that it was Fort Washington. I've wanted to play there but never had the chance. I've heard so many good things about it though. Again dudr, congratulations.

If you ever come out for a visit and you want to play it, just let me know. I've played Copper River quite a bit. It's a nice course, just not much shade in the summer at all. It was awesome before they built all the houses, back when it was just vineyards surrounding the course. It's a nice track for sure, but I definitely prefer Fort.

Congrats on the membership. I'd consider it an investment for scholarships to make it ease the pain a little.

Good for you and the family! With everyone playing golf you will have so much fun there. :thumb:

man, that's really awesome! congrats, i'm super jealous. when i have kids i'm gonna make them play golf so i can join a country club.

I took the plunge 2 years ago shortly after I started golfing. It's a private club with bar and grill, tennis courts, 24/7 gym etc. Not quite as nice as some of the big country clubs in town but very reasonably priced and actually saved me money lol.

One of the best choices I made regarding golf for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Things are moving along as planned. Went out to the club today to meet with the pro and clubhouse manager and go over all the details. We stayed and had lunch, which was very good and it all just confirms that we chose the right place. July 1st just seems like it will never get here!

It really varies with the club. This one is $5K initiation and then $400/month for full membership if you're over 40. Unfortunately, I am. But then they've got a young business person's non-equity option that's only $250 initiation and $300/month. There are a couple of clubs in my area that have lower ($1500) initiation fees and lower monthly dues ($300), but they're 20-25 minutes drive. This is so much more conveniently located, which means we'll use it more, and I'd say 90% of the top middle school and high school players in town are at this club, so it's a great environment for the kids. My son has friends from his school team and kids that he played against this season out there that he knows already. I'd have loved to save the money, but we probably would have spent the extra $100 we would have saved in dues, just driving to and from the other courses anyway.
Holy moly, that's a lot of money!

The course I'm member at has yearfees: about €1050 per year. That's roughly $1450. Now it's not a fancy club..
I'm thinking of moving to another club that does year-fees without initiation. They ask €1400 per year, about $1900 or so. That's one of the better courses withing 45 minutes driving for me. There's four clubs that are better:
The Kennemer (links course where the Dutch open is played), has a waiting list of over 10 years.
Houtrak that's about €2250 per year, no initiation.
The Dutch, I'm guessing €5.000 per year ($6800) and €100k initiation ($137k)
The International, maybe a bit cheaper then The Dutch, but still a lot of money.

Things are moving along as planned. Went out to the club today to meet with the pro and clubhouse manager and go over all the details. We stayed and had lunch, which was very good and it all just confirms that we chose the right place. July 1st just seems like it will never get here!

Sounds like you made a great choice. Congrats and enjoy! I see you're in Fresno. What course did you join? I live in the Bay Area, and played Fort Washington CC in the NCGA Senior several years ago.

Sounds like you made a great choice. Congrats and enjoy! I see you're in Fresno. What course did you join? I live in the Bay Area, and played Fort Washington CC in the NCGA Senior several years ago.

That's where I joined! The Fort.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

didn't read the whole thread but much congratz to you and the fam. Nice that your excited about joining. Good luck

How neat ... Your kids will talk about it for the rest of their lives ... Waaaay cool!

Back