c0ncept

SFT
Reaction score
Handicap
Life
They keep trying to pair golf with other sports soccer now bicycle golf what is next football golf

I like it! Cooler will strap down between the golf bags. I would rather own a golf bike and a golf cart.

I like the quote in the article "Many golfers are looking for innovative ways to enjoy the game, Dickens said, adding that she believes the bikes will catch on – especially when golfers realize they can play nine holes in only about an hour."

I guess golfers playing traditionally, either walking or riding carts, will have to move over to allow these 1-hour golfers to play through? Personally I think we can expand on this - in-line skate golf could cut a 9-hole round to about 45 minutes, and skateboard golf might cut more time off! (tongue in cheek of course)

Yeah, they would have to schedule all the cycling golfers to go out at 6:30 in the morning. I can see the fresh tire tracks on the green already! Being a cyclist, I would try it as a novelty but I can't imagine this or foot golf every being more than a passing fad.

Two years ago, there was a guy on a local course who had a golf bag trailer attachment to his bike. I thought it was pretty neat, and have a picture of it on my work computer--will upload it when I get back to my office on Monday.

What about big elevation changes? I am pedling my ass up a 50ft hill in a one speed bike haha, In golf spikes no less

What about big elevation changes? I am pedling my ass up a 50ft hill in a one speed bike haha, In golf spikes no less

And I would have to find a spot to attach my beer cooler!

And I would have to find a spot to attach my beer cooler!

Maybe with enough you can use it as a counterbalance for the clubs

They keep trying to pair golf with other sports soccer now bicycle golf what is next football golf

I agree, I'll take a pass on bicycle golf.

I cant help but wonder how bikes would effect the grass. Bikes typically dig deep ruts on gravel/dirt bike paths/trails; so I cant imagine they would be very good for the grass when you have hundreds of bikes running over it all day long.
Its just another way for courses to make more money. Bikes give them the speed of carts at a much lower cost for them. No thanks.

I love this idea. It isn't for every course, nor do I think I'd want to see it at every course. However for dry course conditions and minor elevation changes like some courses in Arizona, Palm Springs, Texas, Nevada, etc., I think this would be a fun alternative to walking or driving.

I like bikes.

I like golf.

I dont need the two to be put together.

I really wonder what made whoever came up with this think it would be a good idea. :shrug: I dunno, I just see it being a pain.

My son actually showed me these bikes for sale on a website like cool stuff or something. It does say that its best if you carry two sets of clubs to even the load on that site. They have really fatballoon tires and were pretty expensive. Its really more of a novelty than anything. I sure don't see it growing legs amongst golfers.
http://www.coolthings.com/golf-bike/
Just looked it up $1200. I'll pass, but its cheaper than a cart or a golfing segway.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

If it gets more people more exercise, I'm good with it. Actually seems like a pretty good combination to me.

My son actually showed me these bikes for sale on a website like cool stuff or something. It does say that its best if you carry two sets of clubs to even the load on that site. They have really fatballoon tires and were pretty expensive. Its really more of a novelty than anything. I sure don't see it growing legs amongst golfers.
http://www.coolthings.com/golf-bike/
Just looked it up $1200. I'll pass, but its cheaper than a cart or a golfing segway.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
$1200? Good gravy! You could buy a carbon frame Trek for less than that.

Bicycle Golf!

Interesting enough, talking to one of my Reps this evening, the inventor of this Bike is from Tallahassee FL, and has been working on this for quite a few years and this course in Arizona is one of the first of many to introduce these.

He also has invented a number of golf training aides, such as the large PVC pipe loop that many people hit in, that keeps your swing in a perfect loop/angle. Looks like this;

9ujyqaqy.jpg

Bicycle Golf!

How about electric bikes, battery driven motorcycles...would be faster. I'm saying no...not my bag of tea.

Last edited:
Not sure why they think rounds on bikes will be so fast.....I'll take the electric golf surfboard thingy over this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back