What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just played 9 and shot 40 on a par 36. Putting is getting better as I switched back to a simple, cheap putter in a Wilson Harmonized half mallet. I was trying to let my Scotty do all the work and lost feel. The cheaper the putter the better the result for me. Loll

Played 9 holes. 5 pars 2 bogeys 2 double bogeys. Hcp index now 14,8. Really happy with my round. 1st double was due to My ball plugging deep in the bunker. 2 nd double was due to a wet bunker. Why water the bunker!!!! Had some good birdie attmpts but they didnt fall :) got to say i love hitting My hybrid 4. Got to get a 3 hybrid aswell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went out yesterday and shot 79. Few wayward tee shots, and some "interesting" greens led to score

Went out yesterday and shot 79. Few wayward tee shots, and some "interesting" greens led to score

Nice round, buddy!

Played 36 today. Shot 111 in the morning. Probably the worst round of golf ive played in 10 years. Nothing went right...or everything went RIGHT is more like it. Then came out in the attern6oin and fired an 80. Most bizarre day of golf ever.

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

Way to come back with the strong round in the afternoon.

Some nice scores being put up lately!

JM

Thanks Rob, I think I am going to step back and look at my issues that I am having and try and work on that. Also gotta get with my instructor so we can get on top of these issues. Suppose to be real windy tonight so I might be working on irons and putting in the basement.
Andrew your putting the work in. As long as you do that it will pay off over time. I'm going to call tomorrow and try and set up a lesson with a new instructor. I think I need to hear a different message than the one I've been hearing for two years with the same guy.

Shot a 91. While not the best round ever, I'm continuing to turn the corner after a disastrous start to the season. Could have easily been in the 87-88 range had a couple putts dropped in, and I didn't duff a few chips around the green.

I shot a lovely 88. It's not great but I'm finally feeling my game is coming around. I hit a lot of good shots. Still can't hit a fairway so I'm scrambling a lot which makes it had to score.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Played a new course with my GF yesterday and thought it was a great course. Customer service was top notch and got to watch a golf cart show after our round. It is an easier course (69.1/127) and I spent a lot of time trying to help my GF with her having some things show up that I've never seen before in her swing. The other pair that we were playing with were great and were motivating her along as well. They had their monthly community tourney yesterday so we were able to get out early with a shotgun start and finish before it started. We were fortunate to get hole one and when finishing up, drove through a maze of customized carts and a lot of the people that lived in this 55+ community. Wish I had taken some photos, they were awesome and the people were having a great time! Walked by this one group of gals and they were talking about having some FireBalls before the round, party on Grandma!

42/39 - 81

1 Bird
8 Pars
8 Bogies
1 Double
38 Putts
2 Penalties
1/2 Sandies
11 GIRS
9/14 FWs

Not getting along with the M8, not sure if it's because of the CS/W or that I prefer the two alignments lines of the Z3. That's getting switched out today. The driver Kang is letting me use (BioCell Masters/D+) was on FIRE! Let's just say I had to choose my line carefully to avoid running through the FW and most of the Par 4's were just a chip away to the green. Iron's weren't crisp and the swing changes are coming along, just not all the way there yet and was having old and new moves come in on the same swing. Interesting to say the least, but the misses were good. Aside from the two penalties of course.

Was basically off the computer until today. Shot a 92 on Saturday afternoon despite horrible putting. I didn't keep track of my putts, but I had at least three three putts. I normally only have one or two.

Played on Saturday with my Dad. First time he has played golf in 15+ years. Tough to play with no rhythm to the round, and being the first time I have ever seen the course. Fun day to be out with Dad, just didn't score all that well. Shot 90...43-47.

99 yesterday. I sucked and it is really frustrating. I need to practice more obviously. My mental side of the game was non existent yesterday.

Oh well these things happen I just need to get some positive momentum headed into the OC Invitational at the end of June.

This round yesterday make me really think about how I can improve.

Shot a 87 (42+45) yesterday at Springvale Golf Course - N. Olmsted, OH and I'm really struggling this year as my HCP has gone from 7.6 to 9.5 after 5 rounds this year, I just have no consistency at all hopefully I get it sorted out soon.

Played Turtle Creek in Limerick PA for the first time with a friend. A solid round of 82 (+10). I had a few shots that went better than expected, including a 6i over water to a par 5 green that starts feet from the water's edge which stuck 10 feet away and a recovery 3w from 210 to put me on the green in 2 after a duffed drive. Very pleased with that round.

Two rounds today

Screen_Shot_2014_05_19_at_20_36_51.png

Screen_Shot_2014_05_19_at_20_37_02.png

43/42, 4/18 gir, 9/13 fir, 33 putts. Chipping continues to be my biggest problem. When you miss as many greens as I do, you just can't leave yourself 15 foot par putts.

41/39, 33 putts, 8/18 GIR. Fairly easy course 68.7/118, definitely could have been better but I'm happy. I have been failing with the putter lately but I think I figured it out on the back 9.... Swapped out my regular woods for some others I had kicking around and I was really happy with the results. Replaced the 910D with a Burner Superfast 1.0 TP, put my 906f2 5 wood back in, and tried the i20 hybo again... All were great performers even with the occasional mis-hit, but was never in any trouble.

47 in the Monday night stableford (not sure the points as they were messing about with handicaps), didn't play particularly well or badly, mediocre with nothing shocking. A few lucky escapes, a few opportunities missed.

46/38-84. Needless to say it was a tale of two 9's. The front I was awful and the back I shot my 2nd lowest 9 hole score ever. For me, it all came down to the driver, which is usually the case for me. The front I was all over and hitting out from the trees on practically every hole. The back, I hit 6 of 7 fairways and the one miss I had an unobstructed approach. I thought about benching the driver after the front but figured I'd give it one more hole and I caught fire with it for the rest of the round. Playing again tomorrow and hoping to take the momentum from my finish into tomorrow.

Best round of the year!!! 71 at Maple Brook in Charlotte Mi. 11/14 fairways (2 downwind 300yd +), 13/18 GIR, 28 putts, one hole out green side bunker shot.

Best round of the year!!! 71 at Maple Brook in Charlotte Mi. 11/14 fairways (2 downwind 300yd +), 13/18 GIR, 28 putts, one hole out green side bunker shot.

Awesome round!!!! Looking forward to seeing that one day, hopefully I can give you a run :confused2:

Well I AM going to get fit for a new driver at Miles of Golf in Ypsilanti so you'll have to step it up! Lmao jk, I can't wait to hook up with a fellow THPer'

75 today at Cypresswood Golf Club Traditions Course
39 Front which included 1 Double ( 4 putted from 35' ), 3 Bogies, 2 Birdies and 3 Pars it was pretty ugly , but
36 Back 9 with 9 Pars
33 Putts including a 4 Putt and 3 lip-outs, 2 of which on the front side cost me bogies
My latest Putter Creation on only its second round in the bag - A Taylor Made Manta Ghost Belly that I cut down to 38" and installed a Winn Counterbalance Grip on it performed pretty well except for the one 4 Putt. I see a bright future for it in my bag.

b2e86805def5087d1f32d6a884f41cce_f12.jpg
9400f07e6d97eb6d676b372fd98777c0_f13.jpg

Tradition-Scorecard-Only08-.jpg

Last edited:
A1744B6A-9387-4D87-9953-498017061FA9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]played us open qualifier course .. A week after qualifier .. My best driving day in a long time , rest of shots sucked .. Deep deep rough. , super fast greens , narrow tree lined .. Bunkers .. And ugly cart girls

Worst round in a long time today. 45/53 for 98 (ESC'd to a 92). 9 penalty strokes! First 8 holes were not too bad then I just fell off a freaking truck, or at least my game did. Good news was driving was great. Big Bertha and I are starting to get to know each other. 10/14 fairways, 12 playable drives, 6 GIR, 11 GIRP, 36 putts.

I played so well yesterday, and then today on the back nine it was like I couldn't swing an iron anymore. One to forget. Will try to get out for at least nine holes tomorrow to see if I can put this behind me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back