The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
B3F4558F-45BC-4A91-8F78-50B7A0196003.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]sorry for last picture . I'm a newb with a camera . Anyway , this poor guy struggled all day today .. All day . He even just started hitting 2 or 3 balls off the tee when we played today . A beautiful swing , and a great great athlete in baseball / softball . Anyway, he hit all the shots .. Tops / thins and tons of pull hooks for a lefty . Tried to help where I can , but the weird thing was where he was making contact .. They were all almost , if not all on the center of the face . He has custom fit clubs .. And works and plays almoSt daily at golf for over 5 yrs now . Completely baffling .. And his swing was perfectly on plane . Great guy , who just struggles to no end with this game . What do you tell a guy who is on plane and hits center face but misses it all over ?

FA84876E-76DC-4639-9D38-521E5DEBE54A.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] he was in a million of these. And he can swing right and left hand .. Was amazing to see a switch hitter in golf in person

Last edited:
I need a drill! Or a magic wand! I can't seem to fix this problem with the cupped wrist.
uqy5ajyn.jpg

I need a drill! Or a magic wand! I can't seem to fix this problem with the cupped wrist.
uqy5ajyn.jpg

Try the Smart Glove by SKLZ.

That cupped wrist is a killer . Counter wind the hands at address and pressure it all the way thru the swing . Look at the book I attached to the face rotation thread in Freddie's lesson area . I believe you do that , and follow that book . You will solve the issue you have man

I know you don't like that wrist action Kev but I honestly don't think it's that bad, as a matter of fact I really like the way everything looks in that pic. Is it preventing you from doing anything in particular?

It keeps me from getting into the right position at impact without a bunch of wrist action and timing.

Gotcha, mine is the exact opposite of yours and requires the same timing issues.

It keeps me from getting into the right position at impact without a bunch of wrist action and timing.
Your shoulders need tilt .. They are pointing off to the horizon .. Golf is played on a tilted plane. Your 1 st move down is a throws or cast with no lower body . Slice or pull is your shot . I'm also struggling with the tilted plane concept

Your shoulders need tilt .. They are pointing off to the horizon .. Golf is played on a tilted plane. Your 1 st move down is a throws or cast with no lower body . Slice or pull is your shot . I'm also struggling with the tilted plane concept

Thanks, my instructor at GolfTec seems to like my spin angles. Not sure if it's camera angles or what the makes it look flat. And I'm hitting Driver in that pic

I have that same cupped wrist. Mine is probably a bit worse. I haven't seen that SKLZ glove that was previously mentioned but it could be worth looking into. You could probably fashion one yourself pretty easily.

Thanks, my instructor at GolfTec seems to like my spin angles. Not sure if it's camera angles or what the makes it look flat. And I'm hitting Driver in that pic

Stick with the Instructor.. Asking on forums just gets me and maybe you more confused. Been down that road a few times , stick with the guy that knows your swing and you are paying.

Spent a good amount of time on the range last night working on shortening my swing. It was a struggle at first but then I really focused on my short irons/wedges (8-PW) where the shorter swing was much easier. I was trying to get the feel and have less of a wrist hinge. I seemed to hit the ball well (straight or my common fade), but I could tell my swing wasn't consistent enough. Lots of practice ahead but its progress I guess.

Spent a good amount of time on the range last night working on shortening my swing. It was a struggle at first but then I really focused on my short irons/wedges (8-PW) where the shorter swing was much easier. I was trying to get the feel and have less of a wrist hinge. I seemed to hit the ball well (straight or my common fade), but I could tell my swing wasn't consistent enough. Lots of practice ahead but its progress I guess.

Just copy Steve stricker

Last night after work finally went to a grass range, there are mostly mat ranges close to me. It was so refreshing to actually be hitting off grass while practicing. It was a little damp and raining a bit, but holy moses was I hitting well. I have been concentrating on getting my hips shifting/turning before my arms in my downswing and it is paying dividends with my strike and extra distance.
I also wanted to play around with my driver settings, always have had it set to my normal 10.5* Left setting. Cranked it up 1* to 11.5* and think I'll keep it there to see how it works on the course this weekend. Was hitting all my shots clean and straight, even sometimes with a slight draw (which never happens!). I am so pumped for Friday morning, shooting 18 with my buddy. Gotta love this game!

Hitting the range tonight; focusing mainly on 150 and in plus some lag putting . I need to keep the swing compact and rotate through to a full finish. Should get out two or three times this weekend hopefully

I may take a night off, but may not. We'll see how I feel after the kids get to bed. I was feeling a little sore in the hips and with some muscles in my back after yesterday. Trying to train new muscles. Guessing I'll feel like I need to get out anyway though.

I squeezed in another short game session before work this morning. Chipping is the key for me!

[video=youtube_share;ho9fK-l5X4Q]http://youtu.be/ho9fK-l5X4Q[/video]. Trying to ask all sources I can before 1 st tourney Saturday . I was told these guys know .. I'm persistent and will try what I can to get a straight answer out of them

Spent an hour on the putting green applying what I learned in my lesson yesterday. Towards the end I was starting to feel comfortable. Me likey results.

Haven't touched a club in over a week. Hit up the range and just hit some 5, 8, PW and LW and worked on chipping for an hour.

Thought I'd post in here, only because I seem to be chronicling my progress in this thread. Had my first league match today, because I want to get better at playing with others in a competitive setting.

Focused on tempo and hit the ball very well. No shanks, which is what I was nervous about after yesterday. But kept the shaft close to my right leg on the way down and full swing was great. It was promising and will keep practicing in a lot more of these competitions

Taps away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back