Captain obvious: The ridiculous things Johnny Miller says

• I like him

Votes: 49 31.6%
  • I cannot stand him

Votes: 69 44.5%
  • Have zero preference on way or the other

Votes: 37 23.9%

• Total voters
I am not a fan of JM's commentary either. He has said some funny stuff though.

"Don't want to go left. Left is dead... He went in left bunker. That's not so bad. He should have an easy up and down from there."

"If he hits it in the water here you'll never know what will happen."

'Tiger coming to the 16th hole... he puts his tee in the ground'

Johnny is #1 in my book, looks like most have big issues with him.

I am not a fan of JM's commentary either. He has said some funny stuff though.

"Don't want to go left. Left is dead... He went in left bunker. That's not so bad. He should have an easy up and down from there."

"If he hits it in the water here you'll never know what will happen."

'Tiger coming to the 16th hole... he puts his tee in the ground'

That's why I like him (for the most part). He's not stiff-necked or boring like so many others.

golf digest's "johnny miller-isms"

[h=3]'Hooker'[/h]

Background: Not to be confused with 'skanky,' a hooker is simply Miller's pet name for a controlled hook, aka a hard trap draw, aka a hard draw. In theory, though, a player can hit a "skanky hooker."

Is it Miller or Frank Nobilo who regularly comments on fans shouting normal things like "Go!"? One of them would say something stupid like "that fan just yelled for the ball to go, he obviously doesn't know what he's talking about because that shot was perfect." It's a general cheer you moron! But one of those announcers would regularly say something like that.

always liked JM's commentary - not afraid to offer a strong opinion & I like that. He's got the wins & tour credibility to say what he does, unlike Brandall Chamblee who couldn't even carry Millers jock & has opinions galore

Give me Johnny Miller over Chris Berman any day of the week, and twice on Sundays. Berman is tough to handle during football season, and has zero place on golf coverage.

Give me Johnny Miller over Chris Berman any day of the week, and twice on Sundays. Berman is tough to handle during football season, and has zero place on golf coverage.

Well put and I agree, but how about we just don't have to listen to either!!!

Well put and I agree, but how about we just don't have to listen to either!!!

I like listening to Miller. Because I get to watch good golf and pay attention for the stupid that flows Miller's mouth.

It's an exercise in focus.

Im happy it was only your arm.

I will take either of them over Chanblee

Did he just kinda say it's a good thing he hit that girl or he'd have been in that bush?

I will take either of them over Chanblee
I would agree with you there, he's the only commentator I've actually emailed a network on and complained!!!

Johnny Miller is one of my favorite golf personalities. I enjoy his analysis when NBC covers events.

On another note, watch this clip with older Miller playing an exhibition with Nicklaus.

Haha Tampa Golfer that was beautiful! Thanks for sharing that.

Johnny Miller is one of my favorite golf personalities. I enjoy his analysis when NBC covers events.

On another note, watch this clip with older Miller playing an exhibition with Nicklaus.

Movie directors couldn't even write that script lol. So awesome by Jack.

Typical of the career of Miller vs Nicklaus ----second fiddle most of the way. Kind of sad from Millers' point of view, isn't it?

Am I missing why this clip is starting to pop up again? Noticed it in a few places yesterday

Great video

I can't stand listening to him. It drives me crazy because he acts like he was the most perfect golfer that ever played and these guys out there now just can't compare.

Back