In search of a new Stand bag, going to walk more this year.

I went with a 2013 Taylormade Stage 2 Stand Bag. Will arrive next week so I can provide you more feedback. Pretty decent price off the bay as well.

I went with a 2013 Taylormade Stage 2 Stand Bag. Will arrive next week so I can provide you more feedback. Pretty decent price off the bay as well.

Looking forward to your thoughts

Still having a hard time deciding, i took a chance on a Royal Precision Stand bag on ebay from 2nd Swing, and unfortunately it came with a strap system that won't work and a tear that was pretty significant.

still looking hard at all the suggestions that have been given in this thread.

I carry less than 14 clubs on certain courses. Having the 4.5 bag with empty slots would have triggered my OCD. Food for thought.

very good to know

Another fact i did not know, and the 3.5 and 4.5 are in my top group, all that really separates them is the dividers.

Yes i have looked it over, and it's a nice surprise from Wilson, they are stepping up there game.

Callaway for a OEM equipment company turns out some nice bags, and the Mizuno as i alluded to before, is in the top three.

If you a looking for simple and good quality, I'm a big fan of the Jones stand bag. The single strap system to me is the best way to walk. Great quality bag

Just wondering if golfdawg settled on a bag yet?

I currently have a SM 3.5 that's about 3 years old, but am considering a new one

The NeXus is definitely up there, along with the Ogio Gotham, Mizuno Aerolite and possibly Ping 4 series

I prefer to walk, I only really carry bare essentials (water bottle, about a half dozen golf balls, towel, rangefinder and clubs of course)

My only complaint about the 3.5 is that sometimes my grips would get stuck but that was mainly when I had my odyssey with a Super Stroke

I am really wanting a lightweight bag with nice opening and one that doesn't have a million pockets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'v walked with a Sun Mountain H2NO a couple of rounds now. It's light, comfortable and waterproof. I recommend.

My next stand bag will be the Wilson Nexus. I had a chance to see one in my foursome for the first time a couple weeks ago and it is a quality bag in every way and more stable on hillsides, by a long shot, than any other bag. It's perfect for my hilly home course. The only problem is many golfers are hung up on name brands and don't want there bag to say "Wilson" on it.

I really like my ping 4 series. I had a hybrid bag for a while but since most of my rounds are walking, the extra few pounds helps. A little light but holds 14 clubs fine and with enough storage for what I need during a round.

My next stand bag will be the Wilson Nexus. I had a chance to see one in my foursome for the first time a couple weeks ago and it is a quality bag in every way and more stable on hillsides, by a long shot, than any other bag. It's perfect for my hilly home course. The only problem is many golfers are hung up on name brands and don't want there bag to say "Wilson" on it.

I'm totally over the branding, but my biggest qualm is only two full length dividers. My assumption is that more full length dividers means less grip tangle though. Can anyone with a Nexus suggest otherwise?

I currently have an Ogio Nebula that I bought to replace a Sun Mountain Three 5. I bought it for the full length dividers and larger opening to minimize tangling. Also, I find the 14-way tops to create more chatter than lower numbered dividers. I was wrong and tangle in still an issue. Chatter is okay at least. Overall, Ogio quality just doesn't seem to be in the same league as Sun Mountain. The club well is warping after just under a year with the bag.

I'd love to go Nexus.

Thinking about the mizuno aerolite most, seems to offer what I need.

I'v walked with a Sun Mountain H2NO a couple of rounds now. It's light, comfortable and waterproof. I recommend.

This would get my vote too

If you a looking for simple and good quality, I'm a big fan of the Jones stand bag. The single strap system to me is the best way to walk. Great quality bag

+1

Use my Jones more & more, kind of liberating as I no longer pack the bag like I'm going on some sort of expedition. Just the essentials to enjoy the round.

I like the Jones bag too, but it is a pain to get clubs in and out of at times.

This is the stand bag I really like right now. I don't care what name is on the side, for me it's about the features, and I love what this one has to offer.

This is the stand bag I really like right now. I don't care what name is on the side, for me it's about the features, and I love what this one has to offer.

Best stand bag out there IMO. The R&D that went into it is impressive.

Best stand bag out there IMO. The R&D that went into it is impressive.

My vote is for the Nexus as well. It will be my next stand bag purchase.

recently got this one and I like it so far. Pocket space is good and the box shape top makes it easy to get clubs in and out of. I will also second the awesomeness of the Nexus stand bag.

stk_xx_large.jpg

recently got this one and I like it so far. Pocket space is good and the box shape top makes it easy to get clubs in and out of. I will also second the awesomeness of the Nexus stand bag.

stk_xx_large.jpg

notice a few brands going with the square top.

I do love the Nexus bag. But I will say this thread will have me looking at SM. When I was a rep in the sports business I sold SM's off brand bags and rain suits . Even those bags were awesome for the money. I think they stopped making a downstairs brand years ago.

notice a few brands going with the square top.

For bags with only a few dividers, I think the square top works really well.

I wondered if anyone has been using the latest version of the hoofer. I was reading some not so great reviews a while ago but nothing of late. I still like Nexus but the colors on the SM are really good.Also I can touch and feel the Sun Mountain. I have seen a Wilson bag but it is four hours away.

It is a classic.I think SM makes these for them.Best of luck.

I wondered if anyone has been using the latest version of the hoofer. I was reading some not so great reviews a while ago but nothing of late. I still like Nexus but the colors on the SM are really good.Also I can touch and feel the Sun Mountain. I have seen a Wilson bag but it is four hours away.

I was going back and forth between the hoofer and 4-series. I really liked both of them, but since my main goal was slimming down in terms of bag size, went for the smaller bag.

Back