DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya..over the last 3 weeks I've been told this by several different people. Unfortunate as I really enjoyed the course.

I played it last Thursday, the greens are horrible, definitely spend your money elsewhere. It's a real shame because it is such a great layout. Tee's and Fairways are in great shape.

I would make my way over to Twin Lakes in Canton. It is just over an hour away but worth the drive.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I know on Saturday I will be playing Buffalo Creek ( can't stray too far before the wedding! ) On Friday, I am looking at Fossil Creek, Sky Creek, Twin Lakes or The Bridges. Trying to stay within an hour, hour 15 min of Rockwall. Twin Lakes looks nice, but there are a LOT of trees on that course lol. You guys know anything about the Bridges?

Hummmm, I might need to do this soon then. I have not played out there before. Lot of history there it sounds like.

Not a terrible track, fairly easy but some good elevation changes. There was no course map when I played it last which made for some interesting tee shots, but a tee time can be had for around $20 on GolfNow. If you are gonna come play it let me know, ill join you

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I know on Saturday I will be playing Buffalo Creek ( can't stray too far before the wedding! ) On Friday, I am looking at Fossil Creek, Sky Creek, Twin Lakes or The Bridges. Trying to stay within an hour, hour 15 min of Rockwall. Twin Lakes looks nice, but there are a LOT of trees on that course lol. You guys know anything about the Bridges?

If you decide to go to Twin Lakes, I would not be worried about the trees, be more worried about the second part of the name of the course...:D

Thanks for the replies. I'll have to try some of those courses.

Has anyone ever played Sugar Tree? I keep hearing it's a really nice course.

I played it two weekends ago. Fun course. Not in pristine condition at the moment, but a nice course to play. You will definitely like it.

Thanks for the replies. I'll have to try some of those courses.

Has anyone ever played Sugar Tree? I keep hearing it's a really nice course.

Make sure you have your tee game going for you. Its a pretty tight course.

I played Fossil Creek with some folks from out of town last Friday. The course was in beautiful condition and holes 6 through 13 are about as good as a layout gets. The only problem was the pace of play, dreadful - took 5:15 with an 11am tee time.

I was looking at some old RSS feeds and saw that PGA Superstore is coming to Southlake - the corner or Southlake Blvd and Kimball. I think there was an old church there across from cocaine chicken. Golf Galaxy, Eddie Watts and PGA SS - easy to figure out which one isn't long for the world.

Really?? Nice, driving to Plano sucks to hit up PGA SS!

I was looking at some old RSS feeds and saw that PGA Superstore is coming to Southlake - the corner or Southlake Blvd and Kimball. I think there was an old church there across from cocaine chicken. Golf Galaxy, Eddie Watts and PGA SS - easy to figure out which one isn't long for the world.

Golf Galaxy told me about that last year. Would love to see them going head to head over there.

Really?? Nice, driving to Plano sucks to hit up PGA SS!

Yes, just had a retail broker confirm it. That saves 2 hours in the car!

We are moving back out to Southlake in June so I'm pretty pumped about that one.

If you decide to go to Twin Lakes, I would not be worried about the trees, be more worried about the second part of the name of the course...:D

I'll have to ball up! Are the fairways overly tight? Have a 7:50 time for Friday, just me and a buddy. If anyone wants in, let me know and I can probably change the number of golfers!

I'll have to ball up! Are the fairways overly tight? Have a 7:50 time for Friday, just me and a buddy. If anyone wants in, let me know and I can probably change the number of golfers!
Hope you have fun out there. I would love to join up, but I have already made plans to attend the Colonial with my brother on Friday. Will be interested to see what you think of the course.

Hope you have fun out there. I would love to join up, but I have already made plans to attend the Colonial with my brother on Friday. Will be interested to see what you think of the course.

Thanks! Thinking about playing Grapevine Saturday instead of Buffalo Creek - it appears it is probably less than an hour away from Rockwall?

I'm shooting ahead here a bit but anyone with the Tangle Ridge ideal golfer coupon want to play it either Friday/Saturday/Sunday May 30th, 31th or June 1st?

I'm shooting ahead here a bit but anyone with the Tangle Ridge ideal golfer coupon want to play it either Friday/Saturday/Sunday May 30th, 31th or June 1st?

If someone can join you, I will sell mine to them.

I can't go and play past 1 on the weekend when I have kids.

If someone can join you, I will sell mine to them.

I can't go and play past 1 on the weekend when I have kids.
Ok, or if no one can do that weekend I can sell mine to someone that can play with you over the next 2 weeks then. I'm learning these passes are becoming more trouble that it's worth.

...I'm learning these passes are becoming more trouble that it's worth.

I'm constantly tempted by those deals but never buy for fear of what you guys are going thru.

Btw, I have 2 free green fees at Grand Oaks that need to be used by some time on July... from the golf show...

Ok, or if no one can do that weekend I can sell mine to someone that can play with you over the next 2 weeks then. I'm learning these passes are becoming more trouble that it's worth.

This weekend is out for me for playing late. Then next weekend with kids.

Then leave for Padre then SeeMore.

Bye bye weekends.

I might have a buyer for your pass if you are not going to use it. Supposed to use mine on 6/14 to play with a high school buddy. He might use yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back