The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot the towels went on sale today :( I even set a calendar reminder

I forgot the towels went on sale today :( I even set a calendar reminder

I was too busy and forgot too. Then my finger thing happened and I was pretty much not thinking of a whole lot other than that!

I was too busy and forgot too. Then my finger thing happened and I was pretty much not thinking of a whole lot other than that!

Sounds like you could've used that towel! :alien:

Ugh...Sunday, tension spring on the garage door takes a dump, 300 bucks...yesterday the fridge decides its retiring..probably another 1k-1500. 3 months ago the Dishwasher and range decided to retire at about the same time that 1800 bucks...why am I living in a house again? My golf, fun, play, do anything with any sort of remaining money budget is basically done. I might only see the golf course when i drive by it this year...

Ugh...Sunday, tension spring on the garage door takes a dump, 300 bucks...yesterday the fridge decides its retiring..probably another 1k-1500. 3 months ago the Dishwasher and range decided to retire at about the same time that 1800 bucks...why am I living in a house again? My golf, fun, play, do anything with any sort of remaining money budget is basically done. I might only see the golf course when i drive by it this year...

Geeeze, bringing new meaning to raining and pouring verse. Your swing is too good for it not to see the course!

Geeeze, bringing new meaning to raining and pouring verse. Your swing is too good for it not to see the course!

Its happens.. part of living in a house thats 11 turning 12 years old at this point...its causing me to miss some events this year I really was looking forward to and really limits my play. At least the short game area at my home course is free...my short game should be killer next year.

Its happens.. part of living in a house thats 11 turning 12 years old at this point...its causing me to miss some events this year I really was looking forward to and really limits my play. At least the short game area at my home course is free...my short game should be killer next year.

Sorry bro.

Just wait until you live in a house that's 70 years old. Fun and games, right there. Always something breaking.

My house was built in 1950, and was reno'd at some point in between then and now (be it poorly).

2 years ago we did the Furnace (our choice, but it was original to the house). This week in the midst of a gutted bathroom, we had to do a hot water heater, and a washing machine. Not enjoying the unexpected money going out. The furnace we planned for, the water heater we should have, and the washer we spent money on a year ago getting it repaired.

I can handle replacing something when we know it needs replacing in the future. This whole "the unit died on a Sunday/long weekend" thing is getting tired.

Lame braddman. We have some big appliances hanging on by threads as well. Feel for ya dude!

Under guessed what that Fridge was going to cost...2k later I have a nice new 28 cubic foot coming tomorrow...

Under guessed what that Fridge was going to cost...2k later I have a nice new 28 cubic foot coming tomorrow...

Dang fridges cost a lot these days.

It's been a while, but I don't think our last one was nearly that much, and it was/is fancy.

It's been a while, but I don't think our last one was nearly that much, and it was/is fancy.

Fridges are crazy expensive now. A high end french door fridge can be upwards of $4K. Then you get to subzero and you are in double digits.

No Sears outlets near you? Can find great deals there

Well thats tax and all. But we could have gotten basically the same one we had that would have been 1500 after all said and done. But we upgraded it alittle and got the bigger one with the french doors and pull out drawer freezer. Figure the little upgrade now, will help some on resell of the house a little down the road...but it hurt as I was signing the sales slip.

Fridges are crazy expensive now. A high end french door fridge can be upwards of $4K. Then you get to subzero and you are in double digits.

That's just nuts.

Yes they are. They had 42" 22.6 cubic foot KitchenAid built in that was 8k...Our was towards the bottom end of the French Door pricing. They had a couple of LG and Samsung that was between 3-4k.

No Sears outlets near you? Can find great deals there
There is about 30-35 minutes away. But its not real easy to get to and is about a mile from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, so its even worse to try and get to it right now.

We also have Stainless steel finishes too, so we wanted to get something that matched up with the range and dishwasher too..

I should be at the Crown right now.

This is far more depressing than I thought it would be.

There is about 30-35 minutes away. But its not real easy to get to and is about a mile from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, so its even worse to try and get to it right now.

We also have Stainless steel finishes too, so we wanted to get something that matched up with the range and dishwasher too..
Ahh gotcha. That stinks.
We got our old washer and dryer from a Sears outlet, we got a steal of a deal!

Yes ma'am! We got our fridge for about 2/3 the cost of a regular store, that's why I asked.

So here goes,

This past month has been flat hectic. My mom and stepdad split after 30 years, it sucks!

My cousin beat stomach cancer 2 years ago and was recently diagnosed with liver and bone cancer. I went to see him last Saturday and he looked great, really positive guy and today I find out another procedure just is not working. He knows he is going to die and is fine with that but he will be leaving a wife and his 2 kids which his daughter just had a baby. This just plain sucks.

Why is it the good people in this world get **** on? It makes no effin sense to me!

Just a rant and the more I think about life, I just want to pack up and do the things my wife and I want to.
I know it's a coupe days late. But I hate to hear this Vince.

It really does suck when things like this happen to good people. I really don't know what to say. Just stay strong for your cousin and his family.

Buying a refrigerator sucks, having to leave Las Vegas because your wife bought one too wide for the space the old one sat in and have to rework counters and cabinets also sucks!

My darn dishwasher went out this morning. I think I forgot how to hand wash dishes.

I'm right there with you on all of the unexpected expenses added on top of the expected ones.
Replaced the timing belt, accessory belts, water pump, and thermostat on my truck... to the tune of about $700.
Then I turn around and get a check engine light which leads replacing the O2 sensor. A week or two later after that, I get to feeling something funny in the front end... turns out to be an inner tie rod in that needs replacing. But in checking the front end, I also discover that one of my front shocks is baslically toast, so I need to replace those pretty soon.
Meanwhile, my dad wanted to give my zero turn mower and less than 20 minutes later, I'm in need of a new air filter housing, filter housing bracket, and both the inner and outer air filter elements. Finally get that replaced on Thursday and on Saturday I'm mowing and run over a stick that bends one of the baffles on the bottom of the deck, requiring that to be welded up. If it's not one thing, it's 20.

Man Arkie....need to buy a lottery ticket after all that. You're due some good luck. I did it the other way around, bought a lottery ticket, won a couple bucks and then my week started..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back