DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This weekend is out for me for playing late. Then next weekend with kids.

Then leave for Padre then SeeMore.

Bye bye weekends.

I know....June is just slammed for me, but not complaining cause it's fun slam! I guess I'll see you at the airport then!

I might have a buyer for your pass if you are not going to use it. Supposed to use mine on 6/14 to play with a high school buddy. He might use yours.
Works for me....just let me know.

Ok, or if no one can do that weekend I can sell mine to someone that can play with you over the next 2 weeks then. I'm learning these passes are becoming more trouble that it's worth.

These passes can get costly. I ate two at the end of last year. That is why I will only buy now, when I know positively, that I can use them.

Anyone else PVGA on Saturday?

These passes can get costly. I ate two at the end of last year. That is why I will only buy now, when I know positively, that I can use them.

You gotta be pretty flexible with others and their dates. Think I'll just stick to Golfnow for the deals unless we get a real good one (like Cowboys Club) that comes around once in awhile.

Yeah flexible work schedules are the key to the passes I used to use them all around town when I had weekdays open, now with the membership its hard to justify them unless its a special event or get together.

Don't dump the passes that you don't use, often times the course will apply the price paid toward the regular green fee / cart price. Granted you are technically paying full price, but at least you aren't out the cash entirely....

Don't dump the passes that you don't use, often times the course will apply the price paid toward the regular green fee / cart price. Granted you are technically paying full price, but at least you aren't out the cash entirely....
Yes, I had mentioned before they are worth face value for 5 years--but just as a credit toward the regular cost.

I have inlaws all weekend, do no tourney for me.

I'm playing Hidden Creek Friday morning. Anyone been out there lately? What's the condition? Only $26 thru GolfNow.

I played it a couple of weeks ago it is in pretty good shape. We didn't get to finish because of darkness (trying to squeeze in a round at twilight, didn't tee off till after 5) but we had just a good rain so everything was fairly soft.

Glen Garden could be shutting down:

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/05/19/5831210/glen-garden-where-byron-nelson.html?rh=1#

If you haven't played where Hogan and Nelson learned to play, not to mention, Sandra Palmer, Jackie Burke and a few others, you better do it soon.

A friend and I played on Mother's Day weekend for the first time, I love the course obviously real old school. Small greens, decent size fairways on most holes, the front 9 is pretty flat but the back has a significant amount of elevation changes. My only complaint about the place is I wasn't forced to use anything other than driver off the tee.

With all that being said I am very disappointed in Fort Worth for letting arguably the two most historic courses in Fort Worth disappear (Glen Garden & Z Boaz)

Anyone else PVGA on Saturday?

I'm out. Got some brick guys showing up to redo the archway on my front door. #IHateBuilders

I played it a couple of weeks ago it is in pretty good shape. We didn't get to finish because of darkness (trying to squeeze in a round at twilight, didn't tee off till after 5) but we had just a good rain so everything was fairly soft.

A friend and I played on Mother's Day weekend for the first time, I love the course obviously real old school. Small greens, decent size fairways on most holes, the front 9 is pretty flat but the back has a significant amount of elevation changes. My only complaint about the place is I wasn't forced to use anything other than driver off the tee.

With all that being said I am very disappointed in Fort Worth for letting arguably the two most historic courses in Fort Worth disappear (Glen Garden & Z Boaz)

ZBoaz closing doesn't bother. The lies to justify the closing bother me.

City should close Sycamore Creek. Then, buy Glen Garden. Same side of town. Politics could justify it.

You gotta be pretty flexible with others and their dates. Think I'll just stick to Golfnow for the deals unless we get a real good one (like Cowboys Club) that comes around once in awhile.
That is my thinking now. It has to be a really good course/deal before I jump in now. I still use Golfnow here and there too. I can usually find decent deals there.
I think I read that. The passes don't expire, just the deal. The cost paid for the deal can be applied to any future tee times.

It's back. Cowboys for $99.

Details:

Valid ANY Day at ANYTIME!
Valid Starting 5-22-2013; Expires 6-30-2014
All tee times based on availability
Limit 4 per person; can purchase up to 4 additional as gifts
Cannot be combined with other offers, events, leagues or discounts
*Food valid on-course via beverage carts or at the Sideline Grill only, no alcohol included

PRICE INCLUDES: 1 round of golf + cart w/GPS + range use + unlimited food* & non-alcoholic drinks on-course and at the Sideline Grill & Beverage Carts

http://www.idealgolfer.com/

Cowboys deal on ideal golfer. $99 any time, any day. Good until June 30, I believe. Any takers.

I'm signed up for PVGA on Saturday...hope to see someone else out there!

Don't remember if I said... In laws show up tomorrow afternoon so my morning round at Hidden Valley is my only real shot at getting out this weekend. Thought they were leaving early Monday but it looks like it'll be late, plus gotta wait for a dryer delivery... :(

#priorities

C'mon man!

Haha, let's hit up PL one day after work next week.

Im oyt for Saturday, but monday is still an option for now.

I'm not getting the Cowboys deal either. I'm just to booked up, except for the 7th. I still want to head up to Winstar that weekend.

I'm not getting the Cowboys deal either. I'm just to booked up, except for the 7th. I still want to head up to Winstar that weekend.

I might be down for that.

That cowboys deal ended quickly! I was thinking about grabbing two and treating my old man on fathers day... it says only 2 people bought. They must have taken it down early.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Getting ready to head over to the Colonial this morning. Anyone heading out there today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back