Callaway Apex Irons Review Thread

You killed that club Btw

I was most impressed with the accuracy and forgiveness. It was the same distance as my 5i but dead on line.

I'm not joking when I say it's the best 5i I've hit in years. Sunday at LIITA also convinced me I need more forgiveness in mid and even short irons.

Oh, and this thread. How can you not want these clubs reading thru this?

This is definitely testing my patience!

I was most impressed with the accuracy and forgiveness. It was the same distance as my 5i but dead on line.

I'm not joking when I say it's the best 5i I've hit in years. Sunday at LIITA also convinced me I need more forgiveness in mid and even short irons.

Oh, and this thread. How can you not want these clubs reading thru this?

This is definitely testing my patience!

6 out of 8 MC bags went with them. Out of all the options. Says a lot

Sparksjr hit my 5i last weekend and I thought he was gonna steal it!

I was gonna grab your bag and drive the cart right to the airport!! Those are fantastic!!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

u9avesen.jpg

Giggity!!

Tapa tapa tapa

Just picked these up in LIKE NEW condition off Callaway Preowned for $610 thanks to a bangin coupon code:

Club/Set: 5-PW
Shaft Material: Steel
Shaft Flex: Stiff
Shaft Type: KBS Tour V-Spec Steel
Lie Angle: Std (Black)
Length: Standard

It's gonna be a long week waiting on these beauties!

Time to unload a few things...lol

Just picked these up in LIKE NEW condition off Callaway Preowned for $610 thanks to a bangin coupon code:

Club/Set: 5-PW
Shaft Material: Steel
Shaft Flex: Stiff
Shaft Type: KBS Tour V-Spec Steel
Lie Angle: Std (Black)
Length: Standard

It's gonna be a long week waiting on these beauties!

Time to unload a few things...lol

You win the thread today...nice pickup

Trying to find these on ebay used preferably. They are taken pretty quick. I will be searching

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

I played with my Apex irons this past weekend. All of a sudden I've developed this draw with the longer irons (4 and 5). There's a little more offset in these irons than in my old X-14 Pro Series. I put the ball a little farther back in my stance - about an inch or so, and the draw straightened out a bit. Love the KBS C-Tapers! Paired with these heads, impact is so much less harsh than with the X-14 PS with stiff Rifle shafts.

Ok - tried these at Dunn the other day, fell in love. They are gorgeous, they feel gorgeous, and I instantly knew I had to have them. Ponder mode engaged...serious ponder mode. So much so, my current sticks are up on the 'bay...

Does anyone have the Project X flighted shaft? I'm curious to see how that plays out

Ok - tried these at Dunn the other day, fell in love. They are gorgeous, they feel gorgeous, and I instantly knew I had to have them. Ponder mode engaged...serious ponder mode. So much so, my current sticks are up on the 'bay...

Does anyone have the Project X flighted shaft? I'm curious to see how that plays out

Make sure you check them out on callawaypreowned.com. Stellar deals there!

Mine shipped today.

Let is know how it turns out Condor.

Make sure you check them out on callawaypreowned.com. Stellar deals there!

Mine shipped today.

Thanks!! I saw the other thread re: coupon code and I think that sealed the deal. I'll likely be unable to resist and have an order in by the week's end...

Played my first round with them yesterday. I still have some back issues that's keeping me from fully getting to my left side and turned through completely while doing it pain-free..... but on the swings that were good, the results were flat out beautiful! Will have to get use to the slight draw these things produce. Most of my missed greens were missed roughly pin high and left of the green. Shot a 43 that included two doubles and two three putts. But I can definitely see my scores going lower when I can swing pain free!

Hey everyone, how do you guys like the short irons in this set? Specifically, how do you guys like them on full swings? What kind of trajectory, forgiveness and distance have you seen compared to previous short irons you played? The reason I ask is because I like to take full swings all the way up to my AW and have struggled finding short irons that perform on full swings and am thinking about a change.

I've had this issue as well. I didn't like the AW partially because the offset just is really odd looking to me. I also didn't hit it well with the main miss also being short. So, I've taken the AW out in favor of a 50* MD2 since I hit the wedges a lot better. For the other short irons, I've found that I can take smaller swings and still generate enough distance to have proper gaping. I'm actually really starting to enjoy that I can worry a lot less about trying to hit it a certain distance and instead focus on making a well tempoed swing.

I've had no issues at all gapping wise on full and partial swings with the AW and the SW as well.

I've had no issues at all gapping wise on full and partial swings with the AW and the SW as well.

I did not get the AW since I got the MD2, but if I recall the AW is 50 degrees correct? Should not have a gaping issue with that?

Did I miss you picking these up?

I really want the AW and maybe even SW in this set.

Traded some things to acquire them a bit back.

I did not get the AW since I got the MD2, but if I recall the AW is 50 degrees correct? Should not have a gaping issue with that?

Yep 50...I got it then the a 54 and 58 MD2

I'm keeping my 50 degree xhot pro with my Apex irons. I doubt I will see any larger gap but I will find out soon!

In fact I have found the gap between SW and GW increased while the gap between GW and PW got back in line once I went to the set GW.

Might drop the 60 I don't use and go for a 52.

Back