What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I shot 45/44 for an 89 at Indian Boundary Golf Course in Chicago. First round in the 80s this year! Course is only 6068 yards, but I'll gladly take it. Front is par 35 and back is par 37, so I'm really glad with the improvement on the back.

I ended up taking 3 penalty strokes, which was a major bummer. I would have birdied the 9th, had my tee shot not gone off into the woods. I also had a great chance for birdie on the first, but my putt lipped out.

With the exception of a couple terrible swings, Bertha treated me well. I think I've got her dialed in. SpeedBlade irons were point and shoot.

Time to build on this momentum over the weekend.

Nice round Alek!! I can't wait to see that cap continue to drop, because it's inevitable.

A round of 46 / 42 = 88

Playing at Rockliffe Hall with JJJ, Damo and Preston in difficult conditions after all the rain that came down overnight and this morning

So off for a soak in a hot bath to get ready for another round tomorrow

Didn't get a score as picked up on a couple of blow ups but 4 pars (I think, battery ran out on phone) and a pile of single putts after spending a couple of hours practicing chips :D
Bit damp as Doc says but score or weather not particularly important today, played a great course in great company.
Certainly the most enjoyable round of the season for me and hopefully not too long before the opportunity comes round again.
Happy days :)

39/42 81. 28 putts.

y8yveqes.jpg

Bogey golf 90, 33 putts.

84 at Cinco Ranch for an outing with 27 other Houston guys. Even thru 4 then a 3 putt on 5 started the downward spiral of bogeying 12 of the last 14 with 3 three putts and 2 balls in the water.

Hacked my way to a 95 on a new course with my father in law and brother in law, came in third. Left quite a few shots out there that would be different the next time around that track.

44 from the tips tonight. A couple of blow up holes killed what would have been a solid round. I got a couple of things figured out however and only 14 putts again tonight. I really expect to go low the next time out.

40 tonight at league. 5 pars 4 bogies. Played well all round. Bogie the tough holes and made pars on the easier ones. Consistent is the best way to describe it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Bounced back from my last round on Sunday (+10 / 80) with a +2 / 72 today. One birdie, 3 bogeys and 14 pars.

Shot a 102. 49/53. Was a really good round for me. Back 9 I was completely exhausted and kept rushing

Not sure what happened, but the last thing I read before I headed to the course was the Ultimate Golf Event Period thread. There was just so much good juju in there today! Shot a new PB, 2 under par 33/35 with 5/6 FW, 7/9 GIR and 14 putts. That's 1 bogey, 1 birdie, 6 pars and 1 EAGLE on 18 (my ninth). Flew in a 135 yard approach! Gotta say I'm feelin pretty good, but realize it was just one of those days! My buddy just sent me these pics...

imagejpg1_zpsd646626a.jpg

imagejpg2_zps837d841d.jpg

This is how it looked after I entered it
imagejpg2_zpse6cc6633.jpg

JM

Not sure what happened, but the last thing I read before I headed to the course was the Ultimate Golf Event Period thread. There was just so much good juju in there today! Shot a new PB, 2 under par 33/35 with 5/6 FW, 7/9 GIR and 14 putts. That's 1 bogey, 1 birdie, 6 pars and 1 EAGLE on 18 (my ninth). Flew in a 135 yard approach! Gotta say I'm feelin pretty good, but realize it was just one of those days! My buddy just sent me these pics...

imagejpg1_zpsd646626a.jpg

imagejpg2_zps837d841d.jpg

This is how it looked after I entered it
imagejpg2_zpse6cc6633.jpg

JM

Congrats Johnny!

Good job JM!

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Good shooting JM! Very good indeed

Awesome Johnny!!!

Heck of a 9 JM

Good stuff mojo! That's a heck of a round!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang fine round, JM! Keep that stuff up, and you'll be hard to beat in July!

Congrats Mojo

Damn, Johnny! Nice round.

Nice job Johnny...we just got to make sure you don't peak too early :)

Nice job Johnny...we just got to make sure you don't peak too early :)

LOL! Thanks Captain. It was just a good day, but I will say, that I went there with one goal and two swing thoughts. The goal was to RELAX and accept the shots. No pressure. There was such a good discussion in the MC thread today. The swing thoughts were to stay behind the ball on drives and the iron thought was to stay connected to my body and TURN through the ball. It worked today and I can't wait to share it with my instructor on Saturday at my next lesson.

JM

What did you shoot today?

Shot a+6 42 tonight in league. 4 pars, 4 bogeys and a double. There would have been a day where I woulda been ecstatic with a 42, but not anymore. I could not get off the tee tonight and I missed both greens on the par 3's. Back out to the course tomorrow afternoon for more work!

A very solid 84. Could have been a few strokes better absent three 3 putts and three missed fairways. The back 9 faired better with a +4, after a +9 on the front. Still a lot of room for improvement, but approach shots were solid... a few bounced over the green, as I still need to trust myself to use one less club as my ball striking improves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back