How do you mark your ball?

Another member in this same thread thought this was possible......That you could potentially hit your same ball next to one that your playing partner hit in the exact same spot with the exact same brand ball and number, I was as confused as you are! But he insists it's possible! BAZINGA!

Happened to me last friday when testing the penta. Par 5, off the tee faded a bit too far right, ended up in the desert scrub. Hit a provisional, similar result. Went to go find my balls, one was actually hung up in the scrub about 5 inches off the ground, the other was 2 yards away just sitting on the hardpan. I dont mark balls, and because they were same numbered, I had no idea which was my first ball.

Spoiler
So I hit the better lie :D

LOL nice, how are you enjoying the penta's so far? Great ball aren't they!

I am copying in an old post of mine from a previous, similar thread....

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182

I fill the white-space of the golfball with a pattern that I like to call "dalmatian blue". The topflites I play now get 14 dots. There isn't a side of the golf-ball from which I cannot recognize the ball as mine........

ballmarkings.jpg

..... or so I thought: I played on labor day and hit one deep into the woods. I wasn't even going to look for it. I hit the provisional much straighter. One of the women in the group hung back, and called me back because she had found my first ball: I couldn't believe it! I couldn't hit from there though, and when I picked it up I saw that it was a Noodle! Not my ball, but marked exactly the same!

**it happens!

Another member in this same thread thought this was possible......That you could potentially hit your same ball next to one that your playing partner hit in the exact same spot with the exact same brand ball and number, I was as confused as you are! But he insists it's possible! BAZINGA!

:confused2:
Youve never had a playing partners ball land right next to yours in a bunker, on the fairway, in the rough? It wouldnt be a stretch to say it happens to me at least every round.

Youve never had a playing partners ball land right next to yours in a bunker, on the fairway, in the rough? It wouldnt be a stretch to say it happens to me at least every round.

Gasman - Don't you read his posts? He's new to golf so he doesn't have as much experience as you do.

Nope we're that good :D just kidding but honestly we have never experienced this.....and we all don't play the same ball....

I don't mark my ball as no one else plays with a pink Precept golf ball :D

Gasman - Don't you read his posts? He's new to golf so he doesn't have as much experience as you do.

Nope we're that good :D just kidding but honestly we have never experienced this.....and we all don't play the same ball....

It will happen once you get a few more rounds under your belt. I find it happens most with me in greenside bunkers and if your teamed up with someone you dont know thats when you usually find out its the same type of ball.

You may be surprised one day. No one you play with plays them, but plenty of other people do. As a matter of fact - Soxy plays them too.

You may be surprised one day. No one you play with plays them, but plenty of other people do. As a matter of fact - Soxy plays them too.

Luckily, I just play golf with a bunch of guys. I'd love to play with another female golfer, but unfortunately, there aren't that many around and none of my friends play golf :(

Luckily, I just play golf with a bunch of guys. I'd love to play with another female golfer, but unfortunately, there aren't that many around and none of my friends play golf :(

Many women play golf. You just need to find them. Claire and I both belong to the EWGA and Soxy plans to join this year too. My local chapter has 250 members - 95% of whom are women. Claire's chapter has an even larger membership. Almost every course has a women's league - there are always signs in the women's locker room or ask in the pro shop.

Many women play golf. You just need to find them. Claire and I both belong to the EWGA and Soxy plans to join this year too. My local chapter has 250 members - 95% of whom are women. Claire's chapter has an even larger membership. Almost every course has a women's league - there are always signs in the women's locker room or ask in the pro shop.

Please, do tell... whom are the other 5%?:D

I have one of those in my bag right now... Lady IQ Precept... lovely shade of pink. I've even played a few shots with it. So don't count on stereotypes. :D

My home course has a weekday afternoon/evening 9 hole EWGA league... last two seasons they have played on Wednesdays. I'm sort of curious too... what are the 5% who aren't women????? :laughing:

Husbands, boyfriends and men who just enjoy hanging out with women. Yes, I suppose Harry would qualify for the latter.

I'm with thanks1974 here, where was this when i was single. Dang, another missed opportunity.

I'm with thanks1974 here, where was this when i was single. Dang, another missed opportunity.

I'm going to make sure there's not an opportunity like that around here that I'm missing out on....you can live vicariously through me :D

2 Dots on either side of the brand logo or name
Like this:
http://www.titleist.com/players/ball_mark_enlarge.asp?template=k-perry-ball

I mark my ball by showing it to Hurley for good luck, like this:

311_golf_whiffle_ball.jpg

I need to find a EWGA league, great odds, even for me! And my hx pearls would fit right in! :D

As for a mark, I often buy overruns so the logo doubles as a mark.

initials last year and I cant think of anything else so am going to use the same this year..(could also be a nickname some of the guys that work for me call me as well...lol)

IMG_7825.jpg

initials last year and I cant think of anything else so am going to use the same this year..(could also be a nickname some of the guys that work for me call me as well...lol)

IMG_7825.jpg

LOL, maybe add a BA in front of your initials.:D

Back