My evening yesterday went like this.

16:50

image24.jpg

17:50

image25.jpg

19:45

image26.jpg

Dad of the year right here. I'm watching django unchained while she plays and look to my side to see her watching like it's a cartoon. Uggh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My evening yesterday went like this.

16:50

image24.jpg

17:50

image25.jpg

19:45

image26.jpg

Awesome! They have a "trample" as my daughter calls it at daycare and I literally have to pry her off of it every day. Time to pick one up for her.

Well today I get a day in the life of my wife. She is a stay at home mother of my 3 little buddies and to day she is using her mothers day present and going to have a spa day, then staying at a hotel tonight with her mom. Let's hope we all survive lol.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

The things you do for your kids. My daughter was super excited to get to paint daddy's nails.
ebahymuq.jpg

Awesome! They have a "trample" as my daughter calls it at daycare and I literally have to pry her off of it every day. Time to pick one up for her.

Or being her out here for a play date and we'll go play 18.

Nothing like going to a restaurant and them giving my daughter spoiled milk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just booked our 3D ultrasound session. Will get to "see" Nick this Saturday. Last night we watched the wife's belly as he pushed and kicked his way around. The nurses told my wife that if he sits in an area that makes her uncomfortable she can shift him around (which has helped her alleviate some extreme discomfort at times). He gets pretty active when she moves him around, almost as if he's annoyed that she moved him from a comfortable spot. It's funny to watch.

The 3D ultrasounds are a really cool experience Deuce.

Yea they are. Got one w/ the first and they didn't do one for the second. Love seeing a preview of what that little face will look like.

3D ultrasounds are great. Amazing the detail they can get. And seeing what they actually look like. We can compare early baby photos with 3d ultra photos and he looks the same. What you see is what you will get!

My oldest son Brandon proposed to his girlfriend of four years Beth over the weekend - and she accepted. He did it the old-fashioned way (he asked her father for his blessing a couple of weeks ago), but Brandon's way more creative than I ever could be:

They agreed to go to get some fun pictures at the "Flash from the Past" studio in a small Oregon coast town, Seaside. Beth was dressed up as a old west bar singer flirting with him - Brandon was a piano player. When she was (purposely) distracted by the studio staff he held up a "Getting Hitched" cardboard sign. The photographer's camera clicked. When she turned back around to him, he reached into his pocket and pulled out the ring box. Click. He proposed, she accepted. Click.

They both agreed to wait until they graduated from college in a couple of years. Very proud of the gentleman he's become.

That's a very cool story bonk. Congrats!

Kids are awesome
suvu7a3a.jpg

Agreed. It was a sunny Memorial Day at the cabin for us

qugu7eva.jpg

My little girl is all grown up, and done up for her recital!

Parenting Thread

I have a. New favorite photo.

IMG_0328.jpg

Last edited:
My son is the Star Student in his class this week. He has a poster type thing to fill out that is a mock newspaper with headings that prompt the kids to tell stuff about themselves. One section asks for a photo and a blurb about the kid's hero. Tonight Michael told me he is going to use a photo of me because I'm his hero. Wow, that was really special. HHJJ in the Parenting thread.

Last day of preschool for the boy and I'm going to head up there for a picnic with him and his classmates shortly. A little ceremony last night where they sang songs and recapped the year. He's come a loooooooooooong way this year in maturity and knowledge. Pretty amazing looking back. They gave us this book that basically detailed in photos his entire year. Pretty cool stuff.

Very cool Hawk. My daughter starts preschool in the fall. I'm amazed at how fast she is growing up.

Very cool Hawk. My daughter starts preschool in the fall. I'm amazed at how fast she is growing up.

I've never really been that observant about that stuff, but it really was a big year. So many changes in such a short amount of time.

Last day of preschool for the boy and I'm going to head up there for a picnic with him and his classmates shortly. A little ceremony last night where they sang songs and recapped the year. He's come a loooooooooooong way this year in maturity and knowledge. Pretty amazing looking back. They gave us this book that basically detailed in photos his entire year. Pretty cool stuff.
Great stuff, Hawk. So I'm curious, how much of that is due to where you placed him? Are you going to continue on there for grade school?

Great stuff, Hawk. So I'm curious, how much of that is due to where you placed him? Are you going to continue on there for grade school?

I think that was a very big part of it and yes, he'll be going to grade school there. It hits me big time in the wallet, but I think the payoff for him and his future will be well worth the investment.

I think that was a very big part of it and yes, he'll be going to grade school there. It hits me big time in the wallet, but I think the payoff for him and his future will be well worth the investment.
Very nice, happy it is working out for him.

Our experience has has been that things get even better moving forward. Starting next year kids become actual classmates. He develops friends and the sense of community can increase for the parents as you advance forward with the same group of families. One thing we've noticed is that doing extra curriculars matters maybe a little more because it's another connection to those same families/kid's friends.

Man I love coming on hear and reading all the great stories.

I can't believe how fast my girls have grown up. My oldest starts PreK this fall and my youngest is now running around like a she-devil cackling and giggling the whole time. But I do love coming home to their warm smiles and big hugs and kisses every day.

Back