THP Tech Talk - Driver CG Location

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP TV sat down with one of the great minds in the golf industry to talk about drivers and more specifically CG. Where it is located, why is it there, and what it impacts for the golfers of all skill levels.

[video=youtube;cC-ENvQzEuw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC-ENvQzEuw[/video]

Ughh have to get going for work. Really wanted to see this. I guess it won't be going anywhere anytime soon though.

Probably the best video I've seen to date explains CG. Very interesting on how CG in the heel or toe impacts the head.

I learn erred more in those few minutes of video about club head design and construction then I have ever. Probably the BEST I've ever seen! Thank you very much.

Makes me wonder why my gamer configuration works for me though.....but it works and I'm not to going to argue with it,

Very good. I had a limited understanding of CG and this helped tremendously. Now I'm gonna go balance all my driver heads on the table.

Great information!
Well done and thank you, continuing education pertaining to equipment is always a good thing!

I have a better understanding on CG now!

• Admin
Very good. I had a limited understanding of CG and this helped tremendously. Now I'm gonna go balance all my driver heads on the table.

If you want to try it out and do not have something to balance it on, take the tip off of a pen (like a plain roller ball pen) and you can use the tiny flat tip and balance it there.

Knowledge bombs being dropped. I feel like I have a better understanding of CG now.

Incredibly informative video. Low and back CG for the average golfer to get distance and forgiveness, great! Finding the balance points was a cool trick to see approx where CG is at. There's a reason why I liked the BiO lines this year! Knowledge bombs are great.

that was really informative and easy to understand.

Thanks for getting that window into club design/physics!

Well done, well done in deed! Great information made easy to understand! I need to hit a Pro and find out what is to the left off camera.

Super informative. Love how it was scientific, yet easy enough for most golfers to understand.

Well done, well done in deed! Great information made easy to understand! I need to hit a Pro and find out what is to the left off camera.

Left of the camera? In the bag?
Current driver line I believe. Nothing pre-release was in the frame.

Great video.

Was referring from TO's position looking into the camera. I was so vexed on his next words I would want to follow his glance left (or right from behind the camera)

Was referring from TO's position looking into the camera. I was so vexed on his next words I would want to follow his glance left (or right from behind the camera)

Ohhhh. That was MikeDean standing next to me and he was talking to both of us before we pressed record for about 2 hours. So once in a while in the video, he glanced over at him.

Great stuff! One thing's for sure, I am not smart enough to design golf clubs.

Ohhhh. That was MikeDean standing next to me and he was talking to both of us before we pressed record for about 2 hours. So once in a while in the video, he glanced over at him.

Smart man, I would keep my eye on him as well!?

Sitting in Panera now and left home without my earbuds. I'll definitely make time later to watch this. All the comments have me intrigued.

That man will forget more in a month than I will ever learn about the physics and design of a golf club. That was a very awesome interview.

Silly question....should the discussion and questions from this video be directed towards Cobra equipment....or are questions about other equipment cool?

Wow, that's a lot of great information....but did he say trigonometry? I'll trust him on that one!

interesting to hear why the top is the way it is

That was awesome. It's interesting to hear each company's explanation of how and why they go after the CG positions of their clubs.

This seemed the most informative by far of what I've heard. Also seemed to make the most sense. Definitely will be trying this with my driver.

Was TO involved in the design of the Bio Cell line, or was he still at TM during the design? Guy has a wealth of knowledge.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

Back