What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A somewhat easy course tonight but it was right after work and haven't play since last weekend.

Shot a 42/37 for a 79. A few mistakes on the front starting like being on a Par 5 in two and 3 putting. Missed two birdie putts from within 6 feet.

But I was really pleased with the tempo on my swing all night - especially the woods.

Not only did I shoot a 44 on the back that I'm pretty happy with, I spent the whole day with this guy, my son:

14+-+1

When I was ready to quit after 9, he insisted we stay out there. And the back 9 I was able to turn things around. Callaway better sign this kid. :act-up:

Snuck out for nine this afternoon and should've stayed away, put up an ugly 45 on a course that isn't that tough. Everything was just a little off.

Friday night league play I shot a 36. 6 pars 2 bogeys and an eagle. Eagle was more like a birdie as the tees on the par 5 were actually from the old spot of where they were when it played as a par 4, but it was deemed a par 5 tonight so I'll take it!

Friday night league play I shot a 36. 6 pars 2 bogeys and an eagle. Eagle was more like a birdie as the tees on the par 5 were actually from the old spot of where they were when it played as a par 4, but it was deemed a par 5 tonight so I'll take it!

Very nice! Gobe are the woes of ladt week!

Very nice! Gobe are the woes of ladt week!

I think I was just pressing too much and trying to do too much instead of playing to my strengths I feel so much more confident over the ball now it's not even funny!

Played level par on 18 today. A double, few bogeys, an eagle and a few birdies. Had some terrible shots and great recovery, and sometimes I didn't quite manage it. Stoked to walk level par!

Played level par on 18 today. A double, few bogeys, an eagle and a few birdies. Had some terrible shots and great recovery, and sometimes I didn't quite manage it. Stoked to walk level par!

Great rounds for both of you. Very strong work keeping positive and over coming bogeys. Great eagles for both as well.

Birdied the 1st and the 18th, in between was really ugly. Driver has been acting up lately so it's time to ponder a change. I might see a Cobra Bio Cell in my not too distant future.
Irons were pretty good, putting was all over the hole, ball was afraid of the dark!

I shot a very good 91. The score doesn't sound great but the way I played was good. I went on a four hole stretch where I made four pars while lipping out three of the birdie attempts. So here are my stats.

47+44=91
30 putts
0/14 Fwys
4/18 Girs
1/5 Up/down
0/2 sand saves.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I played this course for the first time, so ok, but still a disappointing 83 on a par 74 course. It was a 9 hole course filled with water and OB. Every singer hole had water that was in play, and OB on left, right and back.

The course was short, all the par 5' were reachable in two, but required two excellent shots since the fairways were tight. I should have made 2 eagles and 3-4 birdies. Did only 2 birdies. 3 drives over 300 yards...that was quite the feeling :)

40/38 - 78. 9/14 FWs, 9/18 GIRs. 32 putts, 1 3-putt.

Really solid day even without a birdie.

94 @ Crystal Springs. I played the whites at 5800 yards and it played much longer. It was the hardest course I have ever played. I was shocked by the 123 slope rating. I have played 126 and 130 rated courses and this was way harder. Never a flat lie with moguls everywhere and a lot of elevation changes. Had 42 putts (spi lesson needed) but only one fat shot so my lesson on Wednesday worked. Probably my best ball striking day ever.

Played a new course with my dad yesterday. We only had time for 9 and came out with a +6 42. I had 5 pars, 2 doubles and 2 bogies. Was 5 over after 4, took a deep breath and went on a tear. Parred a 582 par 5 as well. Could have so easily been a sub 40 round and I am just ecstatic with where my game is trending right now.

You were solid all day Josh, I really enjoyed the round and appreciate the invite.

My round was not good but also not horrible either, 42/43=85. The back side had 2 doubles that were totally ugly to really run up the score, otherwise I was fairly happy with my game. Missed 3 FWs (2 with the Big Bertha driver) only 5 GIRs so that hurt too. Used 32 putts with one 3 putt so that was pretty good on those fast greens. Had one penalty stroke on the front side. Enjoyed riding with sparksjr, great guy and it was great to get to know him better.

We played a best man 2 ball against MillerTime and his buddy Scott, it was back and forth and finally ended in a tie when they beat us on the last hole, the little competition made for some fun banter back and forth. Josh said they ended up shooting as a team 172 and we shot 171 so it was an evenly match pairing. That was fun.

I am playing a scramble tournament at this course in 9 days and it will be great getting to hit from the senior tees there was a 50 yard difference on some of the holes and I know I will be able to help out quite a bit from the ups. Looking forward to seeing how we can do.

Got out after work last night and shot a 45/52 last night. Totally feel apart on the back, probably due to 8 hours of work then a round, but who knows. Putter was working amazingly well, as I only had 1 3-putt and I believe I was under 30 total. Yay me! Now just to get my score down

96and 98.... Not bad for not swinging a club in 8 months!

Disappointing 97 today. Drove the ball extremely well, but couldn't do anything with it. Hitting all my irons further than I was before. I have to adjust a bit next time out.

Today was a slog of a round pace wise, as I was caught behind a large scramble outing mostly consisting of people who were hitting the ball 20-30 yards at a time. Went out today on a whim with my neighbor and good friend who hadn't swung a club in over a year. Ended up shooting a 45/43 88. Gave a few shots away around the green, again, but this time made fewer chipping errors. Got off of the tee decently as well, save for a couple hooks. Even with the slow pace, it was a relaxed round and I wasn't worried about prep or bogged down in swing thoughts. Just went out there and had fun.

Nice shooting, Nate. Good to hear that you're chipping is rounding into shape

102 again yesterday. I landed a part 3 shot 4 feet from the hole. It's been the closest I've come to a Ace.

102 again yesterday. I landed a part 3 shot 4 feet from the hole. It's been the closest I've come to a Ace.
Congrats. Did you get a 2 there?

Congrats. Did you get a 2 there?

Yes, I had to settle my nerves a bit. It was my first birdie this season out of the 3 rounds I've played.

Yes, I had to settle my nerves a bit. It was my first birdie this season out of the 3 rounds I've played.
Good man. Take that positive to the next rounds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back