TaylorMade SLDR Mini Driver Preview

It would be le be interesting to see the differences between a SLDR 12 and the mini 12 using the same shaft.

I might be able to make that happen on Tuesday. If my fitter has any of the mini driver heads, I will ask if I can do a side-by-side comparison

I might be able to make that happen on Tuesday. If my fitter has any of the mini driver heads, I will ask if I can do a side-by-side comparison

That would be cool. With the mini being non adjustable, will probably have to get similar weight 3w shaft to install into a SLDR driver head. I was looking around TM site and they are not exact, but the Speeder 77 in the mini TP and SLDR 3w are fairly close, with exception to torque.

A bunch of great info in here, thanks guys. Looking forward to finding one in the store and hitting it soon and seeing what I think.

When this was released, my initial thought was to rival the Deep series.
That is what i thought as well initial reports were that it was also a similar size but 50cc is not that much bigger i guess

This thread has been a fantastic read. Tons of great stuff in here.

That would be cool. With the mini being non adjustable, will probably have to get similar weight 3w shaft to install into a SLDR driver head. I was looking around TM site and they are not exact, but the Speeder 77 in the mini TP and SLDR 3w are fairly close, with exception to torque.

The TP mini and the SLDR 430 TP use the same shaft Speeder 7.3 the mini is a little lighter due to being shorter

I'll give it my best shot apples to apples. I'm sure the inch or so off between driver length and 3w may mess with it a little but it's close enough. I'm curious about it as well just cause hey why not right?

Think they'll make a white Mini? Mark Crossfield seems to enjoy his mini driver in his latest videos from Portugal!

Think they'll make a white Mini? Mark Crossfield seems to enjoy his mini driver in his latest videos from Portugal!

If it's successful enough. I would like a flat black one.

If it's successful enough. I would like a flat black one.

If I were a betting man, I'd put money that you will see one, if not both, of these colors offered in the next few months. TaylorMade will wait just long enough to make it feel special though.

As much as I would like to go with the mini, I just can't justify it, I would most likely use it once per round, and I don't want to play OB/water/duff with it from the deck. A hybrid would fit my bag better.

This thread had me all going for it though...thanks guys!

If I were a betting man, I'd put money that you will see one, if not both, of these colors offered in the next few months. TaylorMade will wait just long enough to make it feel special though.

That's very clever of them.

As much as I would like to go with the mini, I just can't justify it, I would most likely use it once per round, and I don't want to play OB/water/duff with it from the deck. A hybrid would fit my bag better.

This thread had me all going for it though...thanks guys!

If I went with the Mini I would still have a hybrid in the bag. If I don't go with the Mini, I will either have 2 fairway woods or 2 hybrids. I haven't decided which way I might go yet though.

If I went with the Mini I would still have a hybrid in the bag. If I don't go with the Mini, I will either have 2 fairway woods or 2 hybrids. I haven't decided which way I might go yet though.

I'm thinking 3-iron could be an option for me as well....that would give 1 fwy & 1 hybrid.

But yeah...I'm 95% sure that it's no mini for me.

I'm thinking 3-iron could be an option for me as well....that would give 1 fwy & 1 hybrid.

But yeah...I'm 95% sure that it's no mini for me.

It's more like 60% not for me at this point. I know I don't really need it, but going with the higher lofted woods makes the gaps small enough that I could have an extra club to play with.

TaylorMade SLDR Mini Driver Preview

I hit the 12 degree mini in store today and the numbers looked off in distance, saying 220y max. I am going to try it again soon with my 2hy and my swing caddie in tow. I need to see the differential there with a tool that I know the numbers are right. I am not expecting this to outdo my R1 when I hit that right, but a reliable 240-250 would be a useful tool to have off the tee. My R1 will go 290 when hit right, and my 2hy will top out at 220.

first round with the mini today I hit it 6 times off the tee most were about 240 with little to no roll due to soft fairways it is still easy to hit off the tee i blocked a couple out right but still in play i also hit it from the deck on two par fives hit it about 230 and dead straight i was able to get it up very easy with nice mid flight if the fairways were harder i could have really run the shots up very successful first round with the mini

The only issue i am having is how high to tee it up it seems to be a fine line between worm burner and moon ball

For me I tee it about a half inch I guess maybe a tad more, about a third of the ball above the top line seems to be my sweet spot.

For me I tee it about a half inch I guess maybe a tad more, about a third of the ball above the top line seems to be my sweet spot.
I will give that a try

This is exactly where I'm at with it as well.

Alright so I hit this the other day and it may force me to pull a phil mickleson and replace my amp cell. I could not get over the spin on this thing. Great flight that just flattened out. I was way more consistent with it than my current driver, and it somehow went further, which is the kicker. I was flying it past the 260 sign in the air, which is ridiculous. And I could hit it off the turf! I'm honestly obsessed. I think I'm going to put the demo in my bag for the week and judge whether to take the driver out at the practice round for my tournament this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit mine again extensively today. If i was a more consistent ball striker I would go with the new callaway 3 deep. It (for me) is definitely longer but the mini is just so forgiving. It is also better into the wind I find. I also don't find it difficult to hit off the deck. Not at all, actually.

we need a 3deep vs mini thread haha

Back