What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
41/47-88, 3/18 gir, 4/13 fir, 29 putts. I was playing really well today until I completely lost the driver.
It started on #9 where out of nowhere I hit a huge slice, which is something I just don't do, but managed to save bogey. The next driving hole #11 I did the same thing, and again managed to save bogey. Starting on #13 the fairways are lined with woods on both sides, so I decided to bag the driver for the rest of the day. I proceeded to slice a 3 wood on #13, which led to a double bogey, then pulled a 3 hybrid left on #14 which ended with a triple. The last 4 holes I teed off with a 6 iron and just played for bogeys, which worked ok until I pushed an easy sand wedge into #18 green which is surrounded by water and ended up with another triple.

What did you shoot today?

42-43= 85 on a course I've never played. Pretty happy- 3 doubles on the front killed any shot at breaking 80 but I battled pretty well. Course was pretty challenging as well- 132 rating.

43-45 for an 88. Finished with a tired 7 on an easy par 3. Was not pleased with the finish at all. My SLDR 4 hybrid was money all day

Played Lick Creek Golf Course. The greens weren't ridiculously fast, as they can sometimes be, but they were rock hard and nothing would bite. Had a 4 putt, some 3-putts, a 9, a bunch of bogeys and a couple of birdies for another 86. I absolutely drilled two 3-irons on #18 (a 485yd par 5) to a right side pin-high bunker. Blasted out to 3 feet and made the putt for a little "boost of confidence" birdie on the last hole. The putting is just awful though. I'm just throwing away 4 or 5 shots on the greens.

Played Lick Creek Golf Course. The greens weren't ridiculously fast, as they can sometimes be, but they were rock hard and nothing would bite. Had a 4 putt, some 3-putts, a 9, a bunch of bogeys and a couple of birdies for another 86. I absolutely drilled two 3-irons on #18 (a 485yd par 5) to a right side pin-high bunker. Blasted out to 3 feet and made the putt for a little "boost of confidence" birdie on the last hole. The putting is just awful though. I'm just throwing away 4 or 5 shots on the greens.

That's one tough course and they just aerated the greens last Sunday. Figured they would be better today. And 18 I need to start going right fairway instead of left. I can do it but I just like staying dry.

Shot a 93 yesterday on a real tough course. Shot a 91 today on a course ive never played. Very inconsistant mixed with no course knowledge. I hit great shots and really bad shots with every club in my bag. Overall i just need more practice to get more consistant.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

76!!

Broke 80 for first time in 10 years or so.

dasaba3u.jpg

jyse3ube.jpg

Holy crap. That's more GIR than I get in a month right now.

It was quite a rare treat. Usually my iron play sucks. Today it finally clicked.

Great round IndianBird! Thats a lot of GIRs!

16 gir!!! It would take me three rounds to get those

16 gir!!! It would take me three rounds to get those

You're not kidding haha I've really struggled with that lately. Nice shooting!

Off day today, struggled but kept it to +11 . Seemed like I just battled through and kept damage low the best I could.

After shooting a 78 the other day, I was feeling good going into my first round at a new course nearby.

My home course, provides a real challenge around the greens and requires you to be precise at all times, without being too long. The new course is a real sluggers course, and is over 1000 yards longer than my normal haunt, with most par 4's being 450 yards plus. Meant I was hitting 6 iron into a lot of greens, instead of my usual wedge/9 iron.

Ended up shooting an 86 whilst not swinging very well at all, but it was nice to have a slightly different challenge. Hopefully when the course dries out a bit, to give a bit more roll out, it will feel less monstrous and I should start shooting some good scores!

Shot an 82 44/38 the front side was a little rough the putts were not dropping but i got it going on the back nine

Nice shooting

43-42=85 at the home course. Getting used to the new B330 RX ball, almost had a hole in one on 17, knocked an 8 iron to 40 inches.

After shooting a 78 the other day, I was feeling good going into my first round at a new course nearby.

My home course, provides a real challenge around the greens and requires you to be precise at all times, without being too long. The new course is a real sluggers course, and is over 1000 yards longer than my normal haunt, with most par 4's being 450 yards plus. Meant I was hitting 6 iron into a lot of greens, instead of my usual wedge/9 iron.

Ended up shooting an 86 whilst not swinging very well at all, but it was nice to have a slightly different challenge. Hopefully when the course dries out a bit, to give a bit more roll out, it will feel less monstrous and I should start shooting some good scores!

So par 4s over 450 yards equate to a drive and a 6 iron? Wow, that's a really good drive and a fairway wood, with a following wind and 2 immense shots for me... Swap?:act-up:

Carded a tidy 82 today. One off my pb. Good day off the tee box for me.
Score also won me our weekly league event. #GoodDay

eresyzaz.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

So par 4s over 450 yards equate to a drive and a 6 iron? Wow, that's a really good drive and a fairway wood, with a following wind and 2 immense shots for me... Swap?:act-up:

No kidding, I call 450 yards a par 5!

Played the Black yesterday and got beat up...shot 89, started leaking oil early then it snowballed, had a nice stretch early on the back 9 but not enough.....Im going to take a break from the big course for awhile! Played the Yellow today (obviously much easier) and shot 39 39 78....course is short, par 71 plays just under 6100yds, good confidence booster.....I'll take it!

That's one tough course and they just aerated the greens last Sunday. Figured they would be better today. And 18 I need to start going right fairway instead of left. I can do it but I just like staying dry.

I like the right fairway on 18, but you usually get a slight downhill lie with 200 yards of lake to carry. So yes, it can make you think bad thoughts on the downswing. The two shots I hit were about as pure as I have ever hit two 3 irons in my life. Both of them were absolutely nutted off of the center of the club face. The first one stopped about 2 feet from the end of the right fairway which left me 230 to the center. The wind was helping and with the firm areas in front of the greens I figured I could cover it pretty easily. I just played for a slight pull and didn't get it. The course was in excellent shape. Just small holes in the greens.

Pick your poison...
1Rx7oht.png

I like the right fairway on 18, but you usually get a slight downhill lie with 200 yards of lake to carry. So yes, it can make you think bad thoughts on the downswing. The two shots I hit were about as pure as I have ever hit two 3 irons in my life. Both of them were absolutely nutted off of the center of the club face. The first one stopped about 2 feet from the end of the right fairway which left me 230 to the center. The wind was helping and with the firm areas in front of the greens I figured I could cover it pretty easily. I just played for a slight pull and didn't get it. The course was in excellent shape. Just small holes in the greens.

Pick your poison...
1Rx7oht.png

Were you from the whites or blues today?

3 rounds in so far this weekend and it really shows why I am a high handicapper

Friday I shoot 88 in the club's weekly skins game with 2 triples on the back because of OOB tee shots....so it should have been 84 or lower...did win a skin with a birdie on the #2 handicap hole.

Saturday played with some buddies at my home course and couldnt hit the ball for anything....I lost count of the penalty shots...shot 110....yes I said 110!! :beat-up:

Today...same course and I go out and make 2 birdies on the back 9 and shoot 86

it's a crazy game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back