The Movie Review Thread

Wolf of Wall Street - What steaming pile of garbage that movie was. What is it with Scorsese refusing to direct a movie less that 14 hours long....jeeeeeeeeeezus. So over the top, obviously ********. The whole "technique" of using music that has zero relation to the scene, and making it look artsy fartsy got old in the early 90's.

I love Scorsese movies, but this one was a bit of a chore.

Same for American Hustler. I will watch Jennifer Lawrence in anything, but I didn't make it through this one.

I love Scorsese movies, but this one was a bit of a chore.

Same for American Hustler. I will watch Jennifer Lawrence in anything, but I didn't make it through this one.

I was really looking forward to American Hustle, what a disappointment that was!

You know, I like Scorsese flicks too...but the music thing REALLY gets on my nerves. So random. This movie was too much. Ok I get it, they did a lot of blow off hookers tits. Ok I get it, they had a lot of sex everywhere....it just seemed more like a parody of a Scorsese flick, that an actual movie. Again, like I said about Captain Phillips, it's a 3 hour movie that could have been executes in less that 2 hours.

I watched United today about the Manchester United Munich tragedy/plane crash back in the late 50's. Was really well done and well acted.

Two Matthew McConaughey movies I saw recently, Dallas Buyers Club and Mud were excellent. Actually liked Mud better.

Just saw Legend of Hercules and I, Frankenstein. Meh... Escape Plan was surprisingly decent. I thought Rush was excellent.

Went to the drive-in with my wife and daughter last night and saw Rio 2 followed by X-Men Days of Future Past. Both were excellent.

That's so weird, those are the movies playing at our drive in.

Watched I Frankenstein tonight, it was ok. Had some pretty cool effects but could have been better.

I agree was ok, but I expected a lot more

Loved that movie.

Edit: talking about Law Abiding Citizen

We Red Boxed "Gravity" last night. I was surprised how much I liked it.

Wife and I are going to go see Million Dollar Arm tonight after dinner. Will report back and let you all know how it is.

Wife and I are going to go see Million Dollar Arm tonight after dinner. Will report back and let you all know how it is.

Kinda wanna see it too...let me know how it goes

Godzilla actually scared me pretty fierce . Not sure why., but anything reptilian bothers me pretty awful . Cool effects though

Godzilla actually scared me pretty fierce . Not sure why., but anything reptilian bothers me pretty awful . Cool effects though

And her was the feel good movie of he year for me on DVD . Awesome movie and a great great idea of something like that could happen . Possibilities are endless

So want to watch all of the hobbits and lord of the rings from the beginning ..would be a 15 hr marathon.. But so worth it .. Or all the Harry Potters non stop . Now that would be a movie night

I really really really enjoyed Days of Future Past

Saw X Men Days of Future Past this afternoon. Wasn't blown away by it but it was enjoyable. Several moments were very cool but I'll leave those out as they are spoilers

Saw X Men Days of Future Past this afternoon. Wasn't blown away by it but it was enjoyable. Several moments were very cool but I'll leave those out as they are spoilers

I saw it after golf today as well.
Was good but not great, I thought 1st class was better

$8.50 per adult. $5 for kids 6-18. Kids under 6 are free.

It was like a tailgate party. People had their mobile grills and were cooking brats and burgers all over the place. Very cool. Only bad thing is the first movie didn't start until 9 pm.

Tappin' from my Samsung Note 3
Couldn't you hide the kids in the trunk? That used to work.

talked my hesitant wife into seeing Godzilla tonight. She was jsut so positive that she wouldn't like it. I'm not sure which was better - the movie, or the fact that she had to admit she was wrong :alien:

Watched Godzilla yesterday. Wasnt bad. Different than I expected. Amazing CGI.. Heisenberg could have lived a little longer ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Watching all the hunger games today .. As thunderstorms are brewing .. Sounds like an awesome series.

Back