Memorial Day 2014

DawgDaddy

Old Coot
Reaction score
Handicap
L.O.F.T.
We can never thank those who made the ultimate sacrifice enough. Also a huge Thank you to their families and friends.
If you encounter a veteran or serviceman today thank him/her too for their service.

Memorial-Day-photo.jpg

My grand father was in the Air force and served this country of years. I'm lucky to have spent so many wonderful years with him, learning and growing. Today is a good day and we are very fortunate.

For those who gave so much and asked for so little....... Thank you!

JM

Thanks to all those THPers who are active or retired military and Happy Memorial Day to you all.

Today is a today to remember the fallen and their families. It is Memorial day. Soldiers, Sailors (Coast Guard included), Airmen, Marines have given their lives for what we all enjoy. Today is the day to thank them.

Veterans Day is in November - That's the day to thank all the service men and women that have served. Today is for the fallen, those that we can't thank in person anymore.

Memorial Day is our opportunity to honor those who served and sacrificed for our nation. I'd like to offer my sincere and heartfelt acknowledgement to the gallant and distinguished contributions our Merchant Mariners, Sailors, Soldiers, Airmen, Marines, and Coast Guardsmen have made for our freedom. Freedom isn't free.

Thanks to every single one of you Vets who played a part in keeping my freedom alive as I grew up and continue to grow. And Welcome Home!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

God bless all the fallen soldiers who served our country. Their efforts and sacrifice helped safeguard our freedom and way of life.

For all that gave the ulimate sacricfice to protect our freedoms . Thank you , and that still isn't enough . Everyday you will always be remembered

Thank you to those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom, and to those who continue to serve our country so selflessly.

Memorial Day 2014

I know there are many active and retired members of our armed forces here.

To you and everyone else who has so bravely defended our country and freedom, Thank You for your service.

Last edited:
To our past and present servicemen and women. Thank you for protecting the freedoms we enjoy every day

To all those who have served, before me, with me, and after me, I give thanks.
To those who made the ultimate sacrifice, our eternal thanks.
To those who serve publicly Police, Fire, Ems, thank you!

Let us remember and celebrate today with wonderful pride.

Thank you again, thank you!

thank you to our armed forces past, present and future!

Thanks to the soldiers that served our nation so bravely! Bless the families of those who have fallen with strength and support in remembrance of their loved ones.

Thank you, to all the service members that have served this country, past and present.
Another thanks to all family's that have someone that served or is serving.
I have been on both ends, and now being a parent of a soldier in harms way,

THANK YOU!

Just saw this vid, it will bring a tear. It is exactly what today is all about.

Today I am thankful that my brother and I can be together with our families. He left the army after 8 years as a combat gunner in the 1st cavalry.

3anu8a4y.jpg

As I sit here at work today, I realize that we do many things for the greater good of our country.
And no matter what sacrifices we make, they don't even come close to comparing to those who have died/been wounded for our freedom.

Thanks To our past and present servicemen and women and their families for all that they have given up.
And thank you to everyone else for showing their support.

Words of thanks do not do justice to celebrate those that have made the ultimate sacrifice to currently serve, and have served in the past, our great country. Today is YOUR DAY! :clapp::clapp::clapp:

Thought a lot about my cousin Scott today, who we lost in Iraq, he was on his third tour. Tough day for some in my family, but we've had a number of people serving (and a few still are, including Scott's sister) and we're continually thankful they're still with us and honoring their country.

Watched a documentary on Arlington National Cemetery tonight.

Having been there many times to visit my Father In law. I still had no idea how much behind the scene work goes on there on a daily basis.

Lots of servicemen and women assigned to make sure the final resting place for our nations heroes is in top shape.

Last edited:
Thank you all who Served protecting our freedom

yju9agat.jpg

My grandfather was at the Normandy invasion. He is still the greatest man I ever knew and I miss him everyday

As a disabled veteran I am grateful to my brothers and sisters in arms who have fallen so that our country may be free. May we all remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice and those who have served on this day. I think it is wonderful that veterans are remembered today as well as those that have fallen.

I played my first nine holes today after having hip replacement surgery due to injuries from military parachuting. It is now 8 weeks post-op and I am starting to golf!

Back