The Movie Review Thread

It was a pretty good movie. A bit slow at times but overall very good. Probably nothing I would run out to see in theaters but for sure a watch at home flick.

Cool...I usually don't pass on any kind of sports movie anyhow

Days of future past tonight....pretty decent movie all in all. Time in a bottle has a different meaning now lol.

The Movie Review Thread

Godzilla was excellent. If you enjoyed horrible 60's godzilla movies with man in suit you'll love this one

I expected more action. Old Godzilla movies had more action. This one needed more action.

Did I mention this movie needed more action?

Pacific Rim is still tops in terms of recent big bad monster movies.

I expected more action. Old Godzilla movies had more action. This one needed more action.

Did I mention this movie needed more action?

Pacific Rim is still tops in terms of recent big bad monster movies.

Tops as in the worst movie possibly ever made? Hehe.

Some movies are so bad they're good. Didn't care about the plot, or acting ... the mech vs monster action was topnotch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some movies are so bad they're good. Didn't care about the plot, or acting ... the mech vs monster action was topnotch.

Give you Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla

Godzilla-vs-mechagodzilla-movie-poster-1020433270.jpg

the epic 45-minute long godzilla vs monster battle scene wasn't enough action for ya? haha

the epic 45-minute long godzilla vs monster battle scene wasn't enough action for ya? haha
I couldn't have cared less about those guys trying to smuggle that nuke out of San Francisco. By the way, was the Kick Ass guy the least useful dude in the whole movie or what? How many times was he rendered unconscious?

I couldn't have cared less about those guys trying to smuggle that nuke out of San Francisco. By the way, was the Kick Ass guy the least useful dude in the whole movie or what? How many times was he rendered unconscious?

yeah, I didn't get why they had to smuggle it on a train instead of just loading it up in a bomber. plenty of those in NV. still made for some good suspense and allowed the plot line to advance though. the scene on the bridge with the muto was pretty intense IMO

Don't get me wrong, I liked Godzilla ... maybe I just had memories of my childhood love for Godzilla movies amp up my expectations for this film. Just thought Pacific Rim did a better job of meeting those expectations.

Monuments Men. It was decent. Rental worthy but I'm happy we didn't pay to see it in the theatre.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Godzilla ... maybe I just had memories of my childhood love for Godzilla movies amp up my expectations for this film. Just thought Pacific Rim did a better job of meeting those expectations.

lol well that's where you and I will have to agree to disagree. I expected big things from pacific rim and it just didn't do it for me. I liked the battle(s) in godzilla much more. I did have to laugh at one point though... i was reminded of the gunnery sergeant from Full Metal Jacket: "I will unscrew your head and **** down your neck!" :D

Monuments Men. It was decent. Rental worthy but I'm happy we didn't pay to see it in the theatre.

It was SLOW and I was not impressed with it

Watched Jack Reacher today. Really enjoyed it.

Pacific Rim didn't pretend to be anything other than a sandbox fantasy come to life for kids who grew up on Transformers and action figures.

Pacific Rim is what Transformers should have been.

Pacific Rim didn't pretend to be anything other than a sandbox fantasy come to life for kids who grew up on Transformers and action figures.

Pacific Rim is what Transformers should have been.

You and I can/will fight when we meet up next.

You and I can/will fight when we meet up next.

If you can/will defend the abominations that are Michael Bay Transformers movies then between you and Dev my whole weekend was destroyed.

The Movie Review Thread

If you can/will defend the abominations that are Michael Bay Transformers movies then between you and Dev my whole weekend was destroyed.

No movie based on a toy line is supposed to be taken seriously. Aliens transform from giant robots to vehicles. And then level a city while Megan Fox runs around sweaty. Are those movies Citizen Kane? No. Are they stupid movies that are all fluff? Yes. They are cotton candy.

No movie based on a toy line is supposed to be taken seriously. Aliens transform from giant robots to vehicles. And then level a city while Megan Fox runs around sweaty. Are those movies Citizen Kane? No. Are they stupid movies that are all fluff? Yes. They are cotton candy.

That's what I am saying. Pacific Rim didn't take itself seriously. It had giant robots and monsters fist fighting. Transformers tries to wrap a love story and other shenanigans into a mess. I don't need Shia LaDouche running and falling in love. I want Megatron to turn into a gun and blow things up.

That's what I am saying. Pacific Rim didn't take itself seriously. It had giant robots and monsters fist fighting. Transformers tries to wrap a love story and other shenanigans into a mess. I don't need Shia LaDouche running and falling in love. I want Megatron to turn into a gun and blow things up.

Hehe. I cannot fault your want for more transformer fighting. But Megatron into a friggin handgun is lame. It was in 1986 and it is now.

Hehe. I cannot fault your want for more transformer fighting. But Megatron into a friggin handgun is lame. It was in 1986 and it is now.

Lies. Watch this and relish in its awesomeness.

Lies. Watch this and relish in its awesomeness.

Dude. I have the entire animated series on DVD. I have the Transformers The Movie on DVD. I am more than familiar with it. Megatron was most powerful when wielded by somebody else? That's a Dutch Rudder. You might be into that. But I'm not

Back