UST Mamiya Elements Chrome Shaft Review

Nice write up. I'll soon be testing the 7F4T for that other site, and the CB aspect of this shaft has me in a bit of a quandary. Right now I have a Project X-7C3 in my 910D3 with a Secret Grip for a counterbalance. Love the SG and was originally intending to set up the Chrome with one, now I'm wondering if I even need it.

Any thoughts?

It's something you should definitely take into consideration, best bet would be to take it somewhere with a swingweight scale if at all possible, other than that the only other way for you to tell will be trial and error (install it and see, then pull it if need be)

Jman- what head did you test this shaft with? You have me curious with the spin and wondered what the set up was for the review.

Bio. Any time I talk about spin w shaft reviews the head is taken into consideration though, I play it in a head I'm extremely familiar with so as to have a greater understanding of what I see with the review shaft in comparison to the original setup. Everyone's spin numbers will be different, but seeing lower, mid, or higher spin comparatively is helpful feedback IMO.

It's as advertised, a lower spinning and mid launch shaft.

Just read this review. Great job Jman! The technology in this shaft is very intriguing. Really interested in the Chrome 65. Been pondering trying something a little heavier than my B. Asha and this one is definitely one to consider.

Nice review. I've been thinking about giving one of these a go.

The element chrome is a spectacular shaft. I received one about a month ago to try out . I was amazed instantly! Only took a few swings and knew my gamer was never gonna see play time again. I've played the elements earth 7f5t shaft for over a year and love the feel and performance of it. The chrome for me was far superior performance wise and was far smoother feeling .

The chrome had better ball speed numbers across the face then the earth did for me. The chrome also launched a bit higher but the spin wasn't any higher,which was surprising.
The dispersion of this shaft is incredible.it's basically ,point and shoot . I personally have never hit the driver as straight as I am now! A bad swing is a bad result. The slightly off centered impacts are going farther and straighter then the element earth shaft ,which was a great performing shaft for me. The earth was so good, it replaced a shaft I had in play for 2 years .

You guys will just have to find a way to demo one, it is that good.

The element chrome is a spectacular shaft. I received one about a month ago to try out . I was amazed instantly! Only took a few swings and knew my gamer was never gonna see play time again. I've played the elements earth 7f5t shaft for over a year and love the feel and performance of it. The chrome for me was far superior performance wise and was far smoother feeling .

The chrome had better ball speed numbers across the face then the earth did for me. The chrome also launched a bit higher but the spin wasn't any higher,which was surprising.
The dispersion of this shaft is incredible.it's basically ,point and shoot . I personally have never hit the driver as straight as I am now! A bad swing is a bad result. The slightly off centered impacts are going farther and straighter then the element earth shaft ,which was a great performing shaft for me. The earth was so good, it replaced a shaft I had in play for 2 years .

You guys will just have to find a way to demo one, it is that good.

i concur...been playing mine for a little over a week now. Bad swings are still bad swings, but otherwise, this shaft wants to go nowhere but straight. Long and straight, that is. A word of caution, however: this thing is so confidence-inspiring that you can easily be seduced into flat out over-swinging. :UST:

Last edited:
hytury6e.jpg

Its play time!!

I really am intrigued by these. I really like what UST Mamiya does.

I really am intrigued by these. I really like what UST Mamiya does.

Its paired with a mizuno JPX EZ 10.5 head. This is probably one of the most surprising heads of the year for me...But thats for another thread

I enjoyed this one. Solid offering from UST.

Its paired with a mizuno JPX EZ 10.5 head. This is probably one of the most surprising heads of the year for me...But thats for another thread

Mizuno makes drivers? :alien:

Anyone give this a try in an Alpha??

I have the 7F4T in my i25 driver, and it really has been a great combination for my launch characteristics. So much so, that I'm wondering about putting the same shaft (or maybe an 8F4T) in my i25 3 and 5 woods. Anyone given the Chrome a run in a fairway wood?

My inner shaft ho really wants to give this one a try. Those of you who are gaming it what are some other shafts that you feel are comparable with regards to launch/flight?

That's honestly really tough for me to say as different swings definitely yield different results and feels from person to person. One of the absolute hardest things to review and compare. For me it was similar launch but lower spin than the Red-Tie, but that could be entirely different for the next person.

I will say, it has a feel unto itself, the Recoil tech is good.

I just put mine into play today for the first time and it is an absolute beast. Ball just wants to carry forever and it's extremely smooth throughout the entire swing. Best shaft I've played in quite some time.

I have the 7F4T in my i25 driver, and it really has been a great combination for my launch characteristics. So much so, that I'm wondering about putting the same shaft (or maybe an 8F4T) in my i25 3 and 5 woods. Anyone given the Chrome a run in a fairway wood?

Nice to hear that combo is working for you. I'm considering the 6F4T for my i25 driver but fear the flight/spin numbers would be a wash compared to my current gamer: 'ahina 70.

Nice to hear that combo is working for you. I'm considering the 6F4T for my i25 driver but fear the flight/spin numbers would be a wash compared to my current gamer: 'ahina 70.

I'll say this about the Chrome, the claim to increased ballspeed through the effect of the recoil tech has been accurate for me. Head to head with several shafts in the same head, its not earth shatteringly high, but its there. Its a big reason this one will be in whatever ends up my gamer out of the Bio or Bertha after the Morgan Cup is over.

I'll say this about the Chrome, the claim to increased ballspeed through the effect of the recoil tech has been accurate for me. Head to head with several shafts in the same head, its not earth shatteringly high, but its there. Its a big reason this one will be in whatever ends up my gamer out of the Bio or Bertha after the Morgan Cup is over.

I have been a "Matrix" guy for years, but the Chrome is getting close to pushing even my Code 8s to the back-up bin. Have had another 7F4T in my eBay "cart" for a couple of weeks, to potentially go in a fairway wood. Trying to hold-out, for now.

I haven't spent time with the Bertha, but the Chrome in a Bio Cell would be a good match, IMO.

I have been a "Matrix" guy for years, but the Chrome is getting close to pushing even my Code 8s to the back-up bin. Have had another 7F4T in my eBay "cart" for a couple of weeks, to potentially go in a fairway wood. Trying to hold-out, for now.

I haven't spent time with the Bertha, but the Chrome in a Bio Cell would be a good match, IMO.

That's actually the head I reviewed the shaft in, it's a possibility, but it needs a spin in Bertha too perhaps.

I just missed out on an eBay auction for one of these, but I'll keep trying. I'd love to experiment with it.

I'm thinking this one is going to go into a SuperTri here in a couple weeks. Why not?

Sounds fun - but I'm a SuperTri homer.

Sounds fun - but I'm a SuperTri homer.

Me too, big time. RyJo and I are doing a little trade for a head he has, I'm curious to see how it goes for me. Its honestly the last really really good TM driver for me.

Back