Minneapolis & WI Area - June 2014 Outing

Say I'll just put one down the middle 240 yards. Easy peasy.

I see it more of a "If I miss, I miss and that result is going to be the same anywhere". Outside of these easy courses that we see, where you miss and you are just in light rough or an adjacent fairway. Most of my rounds involve courses where if you miss badly, you are in the water either on one or both sides and the other is either tree lined, OB, or bunkers.

To me, that fairway looks rather wide and if I were a guessing man, those bunkers come into play somewhere in the 250 mark. So either I play safe with a smooth driver, or take a normal fairway wood swing and there is plenty of room for good contact or light misses.

Say the game is much easier in the fairways compared to punching out from the woods

that's so internet golfer of you. Minus the distance.

that's so internet golfer of you. Minus the distance.

He didnt say he was planning on hitting 6 iron that distance.

Yea we'll see. Hopefully I can reign in this massive hook with the driver this week. Either way, I'm not sweating it or anything. I am more worried about rough than anything at the moment. It's a cool looking golf hole though.

Pssssh. 240? Smooth hybrid.

Yea we'll see. Hopefully I can reign in this massive hook with the driver this week. Either way, I'm not sweating it or anything. I am more worried about rough than anything at the moment. It's a cool looking golf hole though.

Very much so.
I figure by the time I get there, you and Howzat will be giving me strokes.
P4B will be giving me like 6. I like where it stands...hehe

Very much so.

Yea that's a negative. In two weeks I'll be on the border of not qualifying for the MC if I'm not careful.

certainly a cool looking hole. I say stinger 2 iron off the tee leading to a soft PW in to the green.

Very much so.

Coers is that you begging for strokes?

Fairway is pretty generous. The further right you are, the better. Stay out of the fairway bunkers, though :)

don't know why but I chuckled at CC's post thinking...."the further right I go I may hit the other fairway in the picture, yep he's right the further right the better!"

Very much so.
You my friend are high on crack. My record against you states otherwise!

You my friend are high on crack. My record against you states otherwise!

Not anymore brother. I wanted to be a player, not a golfer. These changes have made me go in the wrong direction.
I believe the phrase you used was "I carried him until 18, and then he did something awesome". That phrase was correct in all ways.
I will take me 2.5 strokes or so...hehe

he's not a machine, he's a man.
Hahaha, I just used that line last week! Frickin Drago.....I thought we had him at PGA National. I blame my partner. HA!!

Not anymore brother. I wanted to be a player, not a golfer. These changes have made me go in the wrong direction.
I believe the phrase you used was "I carried him until 18, and then he did something awesome". That phrase was correct in all ways.
I will take me 2.5 strokes or so...hehe
I believe the whole "shat I have a chance to beat JB" curse will strike me.....again. FRICK!!

That was an awesome round though, how did I do that?!?! It was capped off by the best pressure shot I've ever seen though!

Hahaha, I just used that line last week! Frickin Drago.....I thought we had him at PGA National. I blame my partner. HA!!

I believe the whole "shat I have a chance to beat JB" curse will strike me.....again. FRICK!!

That was an awesome round though, how did I do that?!?! It was capped off by the best pressure shot I've ever seen though!

The prequel to that shot however was tops, thins, fats, and me jumping on for a piggy back ride.

Yea that's a negative. In two weeks I'll be on the border of not qualifying for the MC if I'm not careful.

Hey, that is my line. It will be interesting to say the least because I have made some changes recently with the end of July in mind and not this event. I hope Orange Hog has his game face on.

Yes sir. Big picture. No matter what I've stuck with what I was told to and it's actually coming along, but the tee game has been a bit penalizing. Or really penalizing. Will be working hard on that in the next 10 days.

Typical pre-event chatter in here, quite the sandbagging talk in these parts.

Are we putting together afternoon foursomes? I know I would love to be able to play with three different people in the afternoon if possible.

Man this is getting close now! I have been working a lot on consistency and have found some again, at least for the last few rounds. I'm hoping this trend continues through the next few weeks. I'm giving up some distance with a shorter back swing, but gaining less penalty strokes.

Typical pre-event chatter in here, quite the sandbagging talk in these parts.

Are we putting together afternoon foursomes? I know I would love to be able to play with three different people in the afternoon if possible.

We will switch it up for sure. I will get the order we go out and second round pairings up soon.

Vegas is a great game. Tell me how we'll do it for a larger group like this??

I've always played Vegas in a foursome with 2 man teams against each other on a per hole basis for points. Me and my partner get a couple pars we're at 44 for the hole, our opponents both bogey they're at 55, we win 11 points. How will it work amongst 5 groups?

Vegas is a great game. Tell me how we'll do it for a larger group like this??

I've always played Vegas in a foursome with 2 man teams against each other on a per hole basis for points. Me and my partner get a couple pars we're at 44 for the hole, our opponents both bogey they're at 55, we win 11 points. How will it work amongst 5 groups?

Low total wins?

Back