What Do You Look at While You Swing

Dr RosenRosen

Reaction score
Handicap
A dimple, the number, a blade of grass, the cart girl? And when do you look up? Are you consistent with it?

The Ball. Always the ball.

I look at my ball or the very front of it. I keep myself down and don't look up till I hit the ball and fully rotate through.

The ball through contact and if I don't, it's usually not good.

A dimple, the number, a blade of grass, the cart girl? And when do you look up? Are you consistent with it?
The ball, the ball, nothing but the ball. As for looking up, that had been a major pox on my game. I have made it a point to stay focused on the ball, and the area of space it occupied, for as long as possible after I have made contact. That stands true for the driver, my irons, and my putter. The short game and putting is easily a two count before lifting up the head, and I exaggerate keeping my head down with my driver swing, which seems to have helped my ball striking lately.

Do I love to see my ball in a perfect trajectory heading straight for the area I lined up with? Oh yeah ... but I don't love topping the ball, so I'll keep my head down for now.

I try to keep my eyes on the ball, and I do...most of the time...

A dimple on the frontside of the ball.

I look up when the rotation of my follow through pulls my head up... but I have been known to peek early a time or two.

I focus on the middle to front of the ball. I have a problem with hitting it fat, and this seems to help a bit.

Just the ball, and hopefully I'm not still looking at it after..

At the end of last season, my contact was terrible when looking at the middle of the ball. I started looking at the front of the ball and using that as the low point of my swing and it worked for me. When using a driver, I look at the middle of the ball and it works. Everything else is at the front. When my momentum pulls my head up, I look up. Ha

I look at the back end of the ball, just to the inside. This helps me to remember to keep an inside-out swing path. As a result, it usually translates to a nicely coiled backswing and a controlled downswing.

I look for butterflies.

In all seriousness, I look about an inch in front of the ball with my irons and the bottom inside portion of the ball with my driver.

The ball and the spot where it was after it's left the tee. Keep that head stable.

Just the ball in general. I look up when my body turns it that way.

I look at the front of the ball closest to the target. Always have for some reason. Keep my eye there as long as I possibly can after contact

I look at the back end of the ball, just to the inside. This helps me to remember to keep an inside-out swing path. As a result, it usually translates to a nicely coiled backswing and a controlled downswing.

I'll have to try that. I generally look at a spot in front of the ball, then the ball as I start takeaway. Lately I have reverted back to peeking up too soon and have been topping the ball terribly or dipping my right shoulder.

A foot ahead of the ball .. Spot on target line for irons .. Spot to the right of target line for woods . Ball is blurry , less I see the ball the better i hit it

With irons or anything off the deck I focus on where I want to make contact with the ground. With driver I focus on the exact spot where I want to make contact with the ball.

My head moves up when my body rotation pulls it that way usually, but I've been known to peek.

The ball, it varies where on the ball based on how im swinging.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back inside corner of the ball primarily but I also have something like a blade of grass, a broken tee, goose ****, etc that is in front of the ball and I tell myself to swing as if I'm hitting that so I complete my swing and accelerate through impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With irons or anything off the deck I focus on where I want to make contact with the ground. With driver I focus on the exact spot where I want to make contact with the ball.

My head moves up when my body rotation pulls it that way usually, but I've been known to peek.

Same here. Usually 2in in front of the ball with irons, inside back of the ball with driver.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

The ball...except when I'm working in my swing I cheat a little and look at takeaway

I alternate between looking at the ball, and a spot an inch or two in front of the ball (I typically hit it better when I remember to move my eyes forward).

I look about two inched in front of the ball with irons or fairways off the deck. I try and focus on either a dimple or part of the logo on the back side off the ball with woods off the tee.

Hmm, a lot of people in here looking in front of the ball... looks like I have something to try it tomorrow.

Back