College Golfers using Push Carts

PUSH CARTS FOREVER!

What's next, are they going to bag on Lebron for putting ice on his shoulders knees after a game even though he doesn't have an injury? These are people who are using their energy wisely. Dilfer is a pansy for not wearing a leather helmet like the game originally called for, and next tournament I want to see BVP rocking a mashie and some balata balls.

The fact that it is Stanford doing it (smarter then your average bear) and they won makes me think others will be doing it soon....

Just must be the strut in their walk as they approach their ball, tee, green, etc. Some pull it off better than others.

#JohnTravoltaStrut

I generally prefer the struts on the LPGA tour :curl-lip:

Not sure why it has stirred so much attention. Its a push cart not the end of the world. Let the kids enjoy being young and have a future without ruining their backs already.

I prefer to carry for the added exercise benefit, but there have been some dog days of summer that I opted for a cart on the back nine because I only had enough left in the tank to carry or to swing. Not both.

Agreed. Sometimes the scores can suffer and that sucks

Seems to me that Dilfer and Van Pelt were quoted as it "looking funny" that college kids would be using push carts as opposed to carrying them. Not a complaint about push carts in general, just that it looked funny young guys were using them. All of the outrageous looking outfits on golf courses across the US and it's the push cart that looks funny?

Seems the people who are vocally complaining the loudest are guys who either have enough money where they don't need a push cart, or they haven't carried a bag in years. Maybe they should ask the caddie if he'd like being able to use a push cart to move around a 40lb bag instead of his back?

i know when i played in high school we were allowed to use push carts and my parents bought me a crappy model i guess it was good back then but i didn't use it all the time also our matches were only 12 holes so it wasn't as much of a burden. i am kinda torn on it i kinda like that they carried their bags but at the end of the day i don't really care especially if its saving their backs it would suck if someone was the next arnold palmer and had a back injury and couldn't play like they could due to carrying their bag to much.

I really do not see any.issues with a Push cart.. its convenient and it is alot better than carrying the bag at 2pm in the middle.of july..

Heck my gf just bought me a Caddytek EZ Fold for my bday!!! Its official.. shes a keeper.. oh and paid for my.round earlier thay day as well!!!

I did my time carrying my bag all thru high school. And it wasnt one of these 2 pound booksack strap things they have now... easily a 30lb when loaded down Spaulding leather monster!!!!!

Ill take my pushcart thank you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Seems to me that Dilfer and Van Pelt were quoted as it "looking funny" that college kids would be using push carts as opposed to carrying them. Not a complaint about push carts in general, just that it looked funny young guys were using them. All of the outrageous looking outfits on golf courses across the US and it's the push cart that looks funny?

I'm obviously in no position to compare, but if I was, I can't envision a more difficult caddy than my father would be. Yikes.

I'm 31 years old and an NCO in the Army. I do ruck marches for fun. Heavy things being carried long distances is somewhere between a profession and a hobby, and I'm a decent athlete otherwise.

Today I played a round in 95° weather and 30% humidity at 5000' elevation (I get a little extra carry). I carried a bag, and it was exhausting. It negatively affected my score. If I had a cart, I'd totally use one. Don't care how it looks. Being able to carry a wet towel without it slapping you in the legs would be wonderful. Right now my back is sore and my golf swing had nothing to do with it. So what if it looks bad; it looks worse to be trudging around like a zombie.

Bo Van Pelt needs his twitter license revoked.

I'm an ex college player that carried his bag. I think given the option most college players would carry. I don't have an issue with the push cart being used, it looks silly but that is my personal preference. I still carry when I walk.

I'm obviously in no position to compare, but if I was, I can't envision a more difficult caddy than my father would be. Yikes.

i'd pull a bubba watson back in the day and fire him mid round.

I'm an ex college player that carried his bag. I think given the option most college players would carry. I don't have an issue with the push cart being used, it looks silly but that is my personal preference. I still carry when I walk.

Even if if meant less fatigue and you played better as a result of it?

Go with the pull cart .. And Bo Van Pelt. .. Really ? I mean who is he anyway ? Why taking advice from washed up pros is the wrong people to listen. . Use it if you need it

I thought the game of golf was a contest to see who could get that small white ball in that small round cup eighteen times in a round in the fewest amount of strokes ... not who could carry around a heavy bag for ~4 miles.

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk

This entire discussion is exactly what's wrong with golf in my opinion.

Who really gives a fk how a guy gets his bag around the course?

I could see PGA caddies using one, that may add years to a career.

This entire discussion is exactly what's wrong with golf in my opinion.

Who really gives a fk how a guy gets his bag around the course?
Totally agree dude..... I could give a rats a$s if a kid uses a push cart. In fact the fact that it keeps a player at these ages and ability from to much fatigue is something people should look at. My 50yr old out of shape self should really consider it .

As a former college golfer I can see why one would want to use one. This isn't your typical situation where a weekend warrior is pushing a cart, these guys literally play 7 days a week and carrying a bag can cause all sorts of wear and tear on your body throughout a season. If you had to walk 36 holes and you were playing for the most prestigious tournament of the year wouldn't you want to limit the fatigue as much as possible. If your football team was playing for a championship and there was something that kept the body in top shape and helped perform at the top of their game for 60 minutes would you be opposed to it?

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I personally think it's great they are able to use the push carts. Really think the arguments against them are rather short sighted.

Even if if meant less fatigue and you played better as a result of it?

I never got tired when I played and I doubt these boys get tired. I will say pushing a cart has less impact on the body. How that translate to play over 18 , I don't know.

Now I will say that Trent Dilfer would die if he has to carry and play. And BVP really is the new Ricky Schroeder, silver spoons

The pros dont carry so i dont see any reason why college kids cant push a cart. They are also allowed to use range finders during competative play

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back