Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering sticking the Mashie F3 and M2 back in the bag for my next round. Maybe it'll teach me something about switching equipment too often haha

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

This is going to sound crazy and completely ruin my internet golfer status, but I've actually just removed all FW's from my bag. I can't freaking hit any fairway wood consistently off the deck, and I don't much like using them off the tee. It's not the equipment but my swing no doubt.
I'm currently just bagging 3 different drivers for my rounds and I plan to head into my Tournament on Saturday with 3 drivers in the bag.

Not the xcg5, but the xcg6 is freaking sweet. Low spin head with a mid spin shaft, pretty forgiving side to side from the limited time I've spent with it.

If you are a decently consistent hitter with a driver, the XCG6 packs a lot of distance.

This is going to sound crazy and completely ruin my internet golfer status, but I've actually just removed all FW's from my bag. I can't freaking hit any fairway wood consistently off the deck, and I don't much like using them off the tee. It's not the equipment but my swing no doubt.
I'm currently just bagging 3 different drivers for my rounds and I plan to head into my Tournament on Saturday with 3 drivers in the bag.

If you are a decently consistent hitter with a driver, the XCG6 packs a lot of distance.

Honestly it really doesn't - I'm right there with you at the moment. I can't hit them worth a crap right now either, so I figure going back to clubs with slightly shorter shafts that I've had previous success with can't be too bad an idea.

Ponder over, I won a Cobra Bio Cel+, in black with a stiff shaft from Great White Shark Enterprises for a retweet during a contest last week. Just got the news today!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ponder over, I won a Cobra Bio Cel+, in black with a stiff shaft from Great White Shark Enterprises for a retweet during a contest last week. Just got the news today!!!

Nice win

Are you kidding??? Three THPers won that contest. Me included!!!

Honestly it really doesn't - I'm right there with you at the moment. I can't hit them worth a crap right now either, so I figure going back to clubs with slightly shorter shafts that I've had previous success with can't be too bad an idea.

I always just figured I'd work through it, but I've just decided enough is enough! Why the heck should I bag two clubs (4w/5w) that I hit such poor shots and low percentages with. Sure the rare flushed 4 wood from the deck is awesome, and the tap in birdie is exhilarating but the previous 5 added strokes due to my low knuckling hook don't feel so nice.
I score better with 0 FW's in the bag, so my bag is officially a FW Free zone.

I always just figured I'd work through it, but I've just decided enough is enough! Why the heck should I bag two clubs (4w/5w) that I hit such poor shots and low percentages with. Sure the rare flushed 4 wood from the deck is awesome, and the tap in birdie is exhilarating but the previous 5 added strokes due to my low knuckling hook don't feel so nice.

Amen to that brutha! And todays range session all but confirmed my ponder - m2 was absolute money after a few early hiccups, and the f3 was just dead straight on the tee. Mostly garbage off the deck, but I'm being more honest with myself lately that I really don't need to hit 3w off the deck. The situation rarely comes up, and when it does it's almost always smarter for me to lay up.

I haven't had a FW for about 10 years I stick with hybo's and love it I find my gaps are far better this way.

I haven't had a FW for about 10 years I stick with hybo's and love it I find my gaps are far better this way.

Same here. Gaps plus I'm just more consistent at striking them well.

No more forcing the issue for me....play to my strengths.

guneteva.jpg

Well hello there..nice and simple. ..I like it

Blue/White one looks good too.

Only 4.2lbs and 8 dividers.

Blue/White one looks good too.

Only 4.2lbs and 8 dividers.
Way better than the "Tour Yellow" highlighter one--although I think its cool, I just can't see myself ever using it.

Yea, not really my style. With a golf bag at least. I like the new red/white thing they've got going on this year.

Here is my last ponder for a while. Trying to decide between apex 4 iron or Adams pro 23 hybrid. Either one will work for gaping, but it's like being torn between 2 beautiful women lol. I guess maybe I will just flip a coin

Here is my last ponder for a while. Trying to decide between apex 4 iron or Adams pro 23 hybrid. Either one will work for gaping, but it's like being torn between 2 beautiful women lol. I guess maybe I will just flip a coin

I know a guy with a 4i and a 3i too...

I know a guy with a 4i and a 3i too...

I think I know that guy too :) I would buy that 4 iron, what shaft does it have?

Totally different balls but E7s or Z-Stars?

Man is that a tough choice, I love them both so much...honestly, whichever one is more forgiving for your miss is the one I'd choose. Really can't go wrong.

On my end, I'm pondering attempting to trade my X2 Hots for an XTD driver...I think I may be going back to Mashie land for my 3W and 5W/2h spot. Check back after this weekend :D

I'll have the 4I with me if you need some swings to decide.

Man is that a tough choice, I love them both so much...honestly, whichever one is more forgiving for your miss is the one I'd choose. Really can't go wrong.

On my end, I'm pondering attempting to trade my X2 Hots for an XTD driver...I think I may be going back to Mashie land for my 3W and 5W/2h spot. Check back after this weekend :D

You will crush the XTD

You will crush the XTD

The few times I've hit it I have. I hit the Bertha pretty good, but sticking my R11S in the bag again last range session showed me how much more consistent I can be with a 3/4" shorter shaft...hello 45" stock shaft in the XTD :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back