Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow Cookie, I had no idea, I am so sorry! I feel like an absolutely awful friend for not knowing this, my heart goes out to you and Stephanie!

Oh wow Cookie, I had no idea, I am so sorry! I feel like an absolutely awful friend for not knowing this, my heart goes out to you and Stephanie!

Thanks Morgan, not your fault!!

I didn't share as I really didn't want to make a big deal about it. We are doing good now though. :)

Sorry to hear Cookie! That's never an easy time. Glad to see your others doing well

Cookie, you guys adding the little dude I saw on FB?

She's been in this weight lifting phase lately, thinks she's jacked!! Here's her Arnold pose
aheqapu3.jpg

Cookie, you guys adding the little dude I saw on FB?

I don't think so. They want to find him a new home but I wasn't overly in love with him.

Would kinda prefer to wait until the moment hits us with the chance to adopt/save a dog that really needs it.

Bahahaha! That pic is priceless.

I don't think so. They want to find him a new home but I wasn't overly in love with him.

Would kinda prefer to wait until the moment hits us with the chance to adopt/save a dog that really needs it.

Love it dude. I completely understand what ya mean.

I just have a place in my heart for chocolate spaniels, obviously.

Pet Picture Thread

Pet Picture Thread

Love it dude. I completely understand what ya mean.

I just have a place in my heart for chocolate spaniels, obviously.

I do too man. My first dog was a yellow cocker and I was around 10-11 years old. Had him for a few years and one of my sisters accidentally left the fence open when getting her bike from the backyard.

I chased him (Zachary) around 1/2 a mile only then to see him get struck by a car and the stupid bi**h didn't even stop.

Rough time for sure....but I've now learned to wait for the right opportunity. A dog will need us more than we need it....and at that time it is right.

I do too man. My first dog was a yellow cocker and I was around 10-11 years old. Had him for a few years and one of my sisters accidentally left the fence open when getting her bike from the backyard.

I chased him (Zachary) around 1/2 a mile only then to see him get struck by a car and the stupid bi**h didn't even stop.

Rough time for sure....but I've now learned to wait for the right opportunity. A dog will need us more than we need it....and at that time it is right.

And thats why you're awesome. Big ole heart brother man.

so sorry to read this Cookie...

Sorry to hear about Travis, Cookie.

Be the ball!!

I feel like crap right now. My dog had a cracked tooth & we didn't even know. Hate to think how long it's been that way since her last vet visit was last summer. Hasn't stopped her eating bc she eats anything in sight, but hate to think she might be in pain. Getting it fixed next week, but man I feel horrible.

Don't sweat it Mike, it happens and that's not an easy one to catch. I'm sure the pup is alright!

They do have a remarkable way of not showing things like that sometimes. Not your fault man, hope things get all fixed up and she's good to go

I feel like crap right now. My dog had a cracked tooth & we didn't even know. Hate to think how long it's been that way since her last vet visit was last summer. Hasn't stopped her eating bc she eats anything in sight, but hate to think she might be in pain. Getting it fixed next week, but man I feel horrible.

I know the feeling. if only they could Talk , it would. Help us a lot to take care of them sometimes.

Dont worry tho, I doubt she will hold any grudge on you

Thanks guys. Like I said she still has her appetite so it can't be that bad.....on another note I need to take out a second mortgage to pay the vet bill :)

are7y9ar.jpg

My best friend in the car looking sad because she has to have surgery! Ugh I hate it. She has a small nickle sized growth on her chest that's concerning us. Luckily her blood work came back normal so that's good but we're having it removed just to be safe. Hopefully its just a fatty tissue thing because the vet says it feels just under the skin and not attached to anything. Praying it'll quick and easy and she'll be back to being the ham we all love. Still hate sending her in, her appt is next week.

are7y9ar.jpg

My best friend in the car looking sad because she has to have surgery! Ugh I hate it. She has a small nickle sized growth on her chest that's concerning us. Luckily her blood work came back normal so that's good but we're having it removed just to be safe. Hopefully its just a fatty tissue thing because the vet says it feels just under the skin and not attached to anything. Praying it'll quick and easy and she'll be back to being the ham we all love. Still hate sending her in, her appt is next week.

My dog has something similar. I guess maybe I should have it looked at. He's brutal at the vet though. He's going to eventually end up having to wear a muzzle. How does she do with the dog seatbelt?

My dog has something similar. I guess maybe I should have it looked at. He's brutal at the vet though. He's going to eventually end up having to wear a muzzle. How does she do with the dog seatbelt?

Yeah its worth having checked imo. Just to be sure and have peace of mind. Hoping it'll be no biggie because her blood work was normal. As far as the seatbelt she doesn't even bat an eye haha I mean she is the sweetest dog we've ever had and whether its at the vet, in the tub, nails, car anything she'll do it without any fight and just look at you like "is this what you want" Lol its so sweet but you can help but feel like you're doing something awful. Its the face haha hard to imagine she's so well behaved after her previous owner chained her to a post prior to moving and left her to die. She does have anxiety when we leave tho and won't eat until we get back. Its like she saves it to make sure she'll have some for later. Swear if I ever found those people it would be bad.

Swear if I ever found those people it would be bad.

Couldn't agree more. Ours was a rescue and he did not have an easy life before we got him. I wish he was as easy as yours. Vet techs won't even deal with him. I'm the only one that can hold him and the vet won't go near his head. They may need to sedate him to check out that lump.

Couldn't agree more. Ours was a rescue and he did not have an easy life before we got him. I wish he was as easy as yours. Vet techs won't even deal with him. I'm the only one that can hold him and the vet won't go near his head. They may need to sedate him to check out that lump.

I know all too well man, it can be hard. We had a golden retriever when I was in high school that was like that. Also a rescue, and survived being hit by a car, needless to say he wasn't very trusting haha. Only my dad could handle him, he'd bite everyone. We had to muzzle him for everything like that.

Our vet has told us dogs don't have the same kind of feeling in their teeth as we do. A lot less sensitive. We had a pair that had really bad teeth early on in their life from lack of nutrition. They looked really bad, rough and craggly. Didn't seem to bother them, and our vet said unless it causes them to not eat, they probably don't even notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back