Android Phone Thread

My S4 battery life was terrible until I realized I had bluetooth activated 24/7.
It's typically something easy to fix like that.

With him having tried a new battery, my guess is its an OS issue. Something isnt turning off that should be dormant in the background and killing that battery. My best guess would be that it's either the GPS running constantly in the background (weather app or something) or an issue with the wifi antennae.

I immediately thought GPS or WiFi. Something is killing it app wise.

My biggest issue with battery drain is when I am in the office the mobile network signal is so weak the phone is constantly looking for a signal and that eats the battery life through the day when it is switching from no signal to 2G to 3G

To combat this I just keep a spare charging cable in my desk and connect the phone while I am listening to music, or I turn off the mobile data connection - just need to remember to turn it back on when I leave......

I have no idea what my issue is. I have location turned off and no wifi running throughout the day.

I have also noticed that my service has been AWFUL as of late. I used to get minimum 3 bars at home and now I have to sit by a window to get any service at all. I will be sitting beside my fiance and her iphone has full service, I have none. I have noticed it riding down the road as well... look down and no 3G, 4G or anything.

Time for a trip to Verizon... my note 3 will not make it through half of the day without having to hit a charger.

I took it off of the charger at 7:00am this morning and 2 hours later, it is on 69%. I have tried a new battery and all. I am not a power user by any stretch of the imagination either. So frustrating.

My note2 is using battery & I have the zero lemon. Only getting a 2 days between charges @ max

I have no idea what my issue is. I have location turned off and no wifi running throughout the day.

I have also noticed that my service has been AWFUL as of late. I used to get minimum 3 bars at home and now I have to sit by a window to get any service at all. I will be sitting beside my fiance and her iphone has full service, I have none. I have noticed it riding down the road as well... look down and no 3G, 4G or anything.

Very odd and on of the reasons I bolted from my iPhone was battery life.

Hope it works out for you. Mine has been impressive in the 7 months I have had it

Very odd and on of the reasons I bolted from my iPhone was battery life.

Hope it works out for you. Mine has been impressive in the 7 months I have had it

Mine was uber impressive at first, but the last month or so has been dreadful.

Mine was uber impressive at first, but the last month or so has been dreadful.

Have you tried resetting it to factory? That should verify if its an app or a phone problem

Have you tried resetting it to factory? That should verify if its an app or a phone problem

That was my first thought. Everything should be synced, so know loss issues I would think.

Anyone elses GolfNow app update and it's junk now. Won't let me login and app is showing up as a green android guy on the phone. Tried reinstalling and still having issues.

Anyone elses GolfNow app update and it's junk now. Won't let me login and app is showing up as a green android guy on the phone. Tried reinstalling and still having issues.

Then while on THP, click Tee Times at the top and continue using GolfNow.

oh I will JB no problem about that. I just didn't know if I was the only special one that seen this issue today. Want to make sure I didn't lose all my reservations towards @ClevelandGolf Prizes.
Then while on THP, click Tee Times at the top and continue using GolfNow.

Looks like they just updated it. Golf Now said (An early version of the next update to our GOLFNOW app was accidently released. Our appologies for any problems or confusion this may have caused)
Good to see they got it fixed.

Upgrading my Nexus 4 to KitKat. Time for a trial run.

My S4 battery life was terrible until I realized I had bluetooth activated 24/7.

I haven't had that, but I guess last month I accidentally turned on Location Services and ran through 2 gigs of data in just a few days.

Any ideas on how to see if apps are running non stop. I have been on the internet twice this morning and my phone came off charge at 7:00am. It is not sitting at 61%.

Any ideas on how to see if apps are running non stop. I have been on the internet twice this morning and my phone came off charge at 7:00am. It is not sitting at 61%.

Settings menu shows running apps. What have you downloaded recently since the battery change?

You can also go to the battery manager and see what apps are using the battery most....at least on my phone. I think it is universal. That will at least tell you if something is destroying your battery.

Here is a screen shot of the battery manager.

I have not downloaded anything new. It has been AWFUL since the software update. That is the only thing I can remember different.

Went into app info and it looks like there are a ton of notifications were on. Hoping that helps. Also went in and force stopped a bunch of apps.

First thing i see is the weather channel app. Its open and running all the time.Also check your screen brightness

I would take it in to service provider. Since the update mine has been even better on battery life and I use it constantly.

Does moving apps to the SD card make battery life better?

Back