Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I could help buddy, but not all that familar with your driver shaft.

So I have a pending counter-offer waiting for my acceptance on a Red Tie 6Q3 in stiff..... I want to pull the trigger, but am questioning if it is a dramatic enough change from the shaft I am playing now.

My experience with the Red Tie was that it was lower launching than I was expecting. Closer to the Black Tie than the White Tie anyways, at least for me.

After picking up the Adams Pro Mini to replace my current 3 hybrid, I'm pondering a 24* Pro DHY to replace my 4 iron. I've hit last years and like the feel, but want to hit this years with the Aldila Tour Blue in it. I like the Red in the Pro, and loved the Green in the Mini. I've read the blue hits right between the two, which would be great.

It's really nice dude. Much better feeling than the White Tie imo.

It's really nice dude. Much better feeling than the White Tie imo.

I am giving some serious consideration to the Blue. To say that I've ready over your review a few times recently would be an understatement.

Who knows how you'd like it, but I'd certainly gravitate towards it if it was an option. Did you ever play the Kusala Blue?

Who knows how you'd like it, but I'd certainly gravitate towards it if it was an option. Did you ever play the Kusala Blue?

Never for more than a handful of rounds, though it did set up well for me. I played the Black for about 2 years. I've played a B Asha for just over a year now.

Pretty different setups there. And compared to the Black really. Mid bend point on the TB (similar to Kusala and the 5S). Makes for a very smooth feel. They say mid/mid is the profile, which seems to be about what I see on the monitor with my X-Hot.

Pretty different setups there. And compared to the Black really. Mid bend point on the TB (similar to Kusala and the 5S). Makes for a very smooth feel. They say mid/mid is the profile, which seems to be about what I see on the monitor with my X-Hot.

very different setups for me. The Black was played mostly in the SuperTri, helped knock the spin down. Probably should have gone 5s in the Asha, but grabbed a 4s when I could. That shaft did nothing for me in the AMP Cell, but has been loads better in the Covert.

I'm going to try and hit a TB this weekend. I'm only looking at a few options at this point.

Looking forward to hearing what you think sir.

Looking forward to hearing what you think sir.

something I found interesting on their site. Do you think that is accurate to what you have seen in your time with this shaft?

aldila_fitting_chart.jpg

I haven't had any issues playing the stiff version and 100mph would be a pretty extremely perfect swing for me.

I haven't had any issues playing the stiff version and 100mph would be a pretty extremely perfect swing for me.

To piggy back on this my driver swing is low to mid 90s and I liked the stiff when I tried it in a hybrid. I am sure it extrapolates to the driver.

I was swinging stiffs in the hybrids and I thought they actually felt pretty stout compared to some other clubs I was swinging. I did go ahead and order mine in X-flex, hoping it would tighten up my dispersion just a tad. I also tend to go after it a bit more on the course than I do on hitting mats.

Does anyone know if the Red Tie, but in white color, is the same as the red one? (Stupid question, a Red Tie (that has a white finish, but is labelled Red Tie))

Does anyone know if the Red Tie, but in white color, is the same as the red one? (Stupid question, a Red Tie (that has a white finish, but is labelled Red Tie))

Probably. Matrix does a lot of custom coloring.

Matrix has the option to get any shaft made in custom colors. So a Red Tie shaft could be lime green or blue. I believe the white ones most commonly seen are probably the ones from the Bio Cell+ driver. I believe they are 100% legit.

Red Tie vs White Tie.

Hard ponder for me on this one.

Have you spent time with both?

Red Tie vs White Tie.

Hard ponder for me on this one.

Ive liked the red-tie more up to this point, but my time with the White has been way more limited

Might have both in my posession in the extreme near future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back