TaylorMade Golf - Welcome to the 2014 Morgan Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going on the same thoughts Ddec shared, what shaft properties are you looking for?

I was fitted for, and have had great success with the RIP 70 Alpha. I would expect that something in that weight range with similar characteristics would be good. But, I'm going in with an open mind and may not even take the current gamer with me. Don't want to make it too easy for him.

It's been suggested to me the I should go with the stock shaft. Not the most exciting option, but that's the way I'm leaning.

I was fitted for, and have had great success with the RIP 70 Alpha. I would expect that something in that weight range with similar characteristics would be good. But, I'm going in with an open mind and may not even take the current gamer with me. Don't want to make it too easy for him.

open mind is the way to go. Will be interesting to hear about the experience when you are done.

It's been suggested to me the I should go with the stock shaft. Not the most exciting option, but that's the way I'm leaning.

I am probably going stock in the hybrid.

That's what I was told from my fitting as well. I opted to go stock on my woods and hybos because they fit really well and there's a reason they are the stock option. Not the most fun when others are getting ultra exotic shafts, but playing good golf and winning is more fun than having fancy shafts.

The stock hybrid shaft is basically what I'm fit for. Technically it's the SLDR stock hybrid shaft but close enough.

Even having an open catalog, I went stock shaft on three of the four woods and hybrids I ordered. The designers try to do a good job pairing a stock shaft that will compliment the head nicely for the most people possible, so there is no shame in being one of those folks it fits well. It's hard not to overthink it when there are so many options, but order what you know/have been fit for and don't give it a second though.

2 days left boys to get those orders in! (Minus v.man)

Don't let paralysis by analysis hold you back!

I am fairly certain mine is locked and loaded!

Only thing I am still looking at is a 5W vs a strong lofted hybo, really.

I am fairly certain I am carrying 1 hybrid. The one I have, we just don't get along as well as I did with the J40 or AMP Cell. So I am going to carry a 22 degree.

I am fairly certain I am carrying 1 hybrid. The one I have, we just don't get along as well as I did with the J40 or AMP Cell. So I am going to carry a 22 degree.

It's the bees knees. I am so happy I dropped the 4 iron.

I was thinking that SLDR S 6h

I was thinking that SLDR S 6h

I kind of want that 28, just to mess with. Feel like it would be a fun club.

You decide on ball yet?

I kind of want that 28, just to mess with. Feel like it would be a fun club.

You decide on ball yet?

Your Preferred will get the nod. Like it a bit better. Could game either that or the project a with exact same results I do believe, but feel like the TP gives me a touch more control off the tee

After today I'm thinking the 22 will be the only hybrid in my bag.

I'm just going to toss a coin between mini vs. 3-wood and a second time between 4-hybrid vs. 4-iron. :D

Last edited:
I think I'm close...

Driver
Loft: 12°
Length: 44.5”
Lie: Standard
Shaft Choice: Tour AD-DI 7
Shaft Flex: Stiff
Grip Selection (and special requests such as +2 wrap): Lamkin Crossline ACE 3GEN, Standard size +2 wraps.
Dexterity: LH

Fairway Wood(s)
Head Selection: 3 Wood
Loft: 15°
Length: 43.25”
Shaft Choice: Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Grip Selection (and special requests such as +2 wrap): Lamkin Crossline ACE 3GEN, Standard size +2 wraps.

Rescue(s)
Head Selection: 3
Loft: 19°
Length: Standard
Shaft Choice: Stock
Grip Selection (and special requests such as +2 wrap): Lamkin Crossline ACE 3GEN, Standard size +2 wraps. Dexterity: LH

Irons
Set Makeup (ex - 4-PW): 4-AW
Length: +0.25”
Lie: 0.5° UPRIGHT
Shaft Choice: Stock, KBS C-Taper 90
Grip Selection (and special requests such as +2 wrap): Lamkin Crossline ACE 3GEN, Standard size +2 wraps. Dexterity: LH

Wedges
Lofts: 56°, 60°
Bounce: ATV 56°, ATV 60°

Putter
Putter Selection: DA-62
Length: 35”
Grip: Standard

If possible, custom options:
Lie: 68°
Loft: 2.5°

Golf Balls
Ball Selection: Tour Preferred

Any reason for the lighter shaft in your 3 wood?

Any reason for the lighter shaft in your 3 wood?

Only reason is that my quick-fit only suggested that I should have a heavier driver shaft, and I like a 70'ish gram fairway wood shaft, the stock offering is only 2 grams heavier.

Oban Kiyoshi Gold is an option as well.
K'aili 80 gram too...

Time is running out :)

Last edited:
Is spent about an hour after the Indianapolis event today hitting all sorts of SLDR S woods today. The weird thing that stuck out to me was I couldn't hit the regular flex shaft at all in the driver, but was flushing it with the stiff flex.

Going same shaft in driver and 3-wood.

Pondering 4-PW or adding another hybrid and going 5-PW

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Bag has been sent to GG. Here is what we are going with:

Driver: SLDR S 12* Matrix 6M3 Stiff
3 Wood: SLDR S 15* Tour AD BB 7 Stiff
3 Hybrid: SLDR S 19* Kuro Kage 85H Stiff
4 Hybrid: SLDR S 21* Kuro Kage 85H Stiff
SLDR Irons 5-PW True Temper SL S300
Wedges: Tour Preferred 50* (Bent to 49*) 54* (Bent to 53*) 58* (ATV Grind)
Putter: Ghost SI Slant 34.25" 69* Lie Angle 1.5* Loft
Ball : Tour Preferred X

Bag has been sent to GG. Here is what we are going with:

Driver: SLDR S 12* Matrix 6M3 Stiff
3 Wood: SLDR S 15* Tour AD BB 7 Stiff
3 Hybrid: SLDR S 19* Kuro Kage 85H Stiff
4 Hybrid: SLDR S 21* Kuro Kage 85H Stiff
SLDR Irons 5-PW True Temper SL S300
Wedges: Tour Preferred 50* (Bent to 49*) 54* (Bent to 53*) 58* (ATV Grind)
Putter: Ghost SI Slant 34.25" 69* Lie Angle 1.5* Loft
Ball : Tour Preferred X

Looks good!

What made you pick the Tour Preferred X over the Tour Preferred ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back