Report: FBI investigating Phil Mickelson

As near as I can tell, they only know of one possible tip he might have received. Sounds like a witch hunt to me. Way to tarnish his image before having actual proof he did anything wrong.

~Rock

I'm no Phil hater but why does everyone think that he is impervious to doing anything remotely wrong? Everybody has demons in their closet and this guy is no different. I'm not saying he is guilty but I think we all know that if this came out about Tiger, everyone would be nailing him to the cross by now. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Maybe post 9iron incident, but before that I don't think they would be saying anything different than what's been said about Phil so far.

Maybe post 9iron incident, but before that I don't think they would be saying anything different than what's been said about Phil so far.

Maybe partially true but even before the 9iron incident there was a strong contingent of Tiger haters. I'm not saying in here but just overall

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

just read this has been going on for a couple years & this is not the first time Phil has been questioned by the FBI/SEC

just read this has been going on for a couple years & this is not the first time Phil has been questioned by the FBI/SEC

I really don't think the FBI approaches him in a public place unless they have talked before and they are close to moving forward.

And right when I was ready to finally pull for Phil to win a major...

I really don't think the FBI approaches him in a public place unless they have talked before and they are close to moving forward.
they only approach people in public to "embarass" them & try to put pressure on them

I mean if Jordan got away with it, I think Phil is fine.

they only approach people in public to "embarass" them & try to put pressure on them

If this were ongoing for 2 years, Phil would have known, he'd be paying for a team of lawyers, and the FBI would have been forbidden from talking to Phil by his lawyers.

So yea, it's a publicity stunt by the FBI. Someone wants a promotion.

I don't want to open up this can of worms, but I'm going to. This is only a theory, not saying it's accurate...but Phil did complain about his tax rate last year. I'll leave it at that. Draw your own conclusions, or none at all.

~Rock

Being associated with Walters to me isn't a good thing living in Vegas. He screwed over members of a golf course he owned and sold and appears to have excellent connections with county as he negotiated a 99yr lease with the county in which they haven't received a penny from so far as Bali Hai hasn't turned a profit since opening supposedly. So Walters isn't well liked around here with the locals. With him being a sports bettor and taking risks, I could see something coming from this on his end, will wait to see about Phil. But in the grand scheme of things I really don't care what he did, I watch and follow him for his golf not his personal life just as I do Tiger and the others. Everybody has their faults, unfortunately people in his position have to have theirs aired out in front of everyone.

If this were ongoing for 2 years, Phil would have known, he'd be paying for a team of lawyers, and the FBI would have been forbidden from talking to Phil by his lawyers.

I don't want to open up this can of worms, but I'm going to. This is only a theory, not saying it's accurate...but Phil did complain about his tax rate last year. I'll leave it at that. Draw your own conclusions, or none at all.

~Rock

I believe he was mostly complaining about California taxes.

Lefties are always doing things the wrong way.......

My guess is the Feds are leaning on Phil for info and what better way to do that than associate him with this whole thing in the press.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think the FBI would show up at the golf course for no reason. That's just my opinion though.

I'm not going to cast any judgement on Phil at this time though, there is nowhere near enough information available.

~Rock
Either way, leaning on him in a public forum is a great way to get his sponsors nervous, which would encourage him to roll. Particularly given that his biggest sponsor is a services firm.

I don't think the FBI would show up at the golf course for no reason.

You'd be surprised at what they'll do. A good friend of mine is a retired US Marshall & now a defense attorney, he told me some things he was allowed to do simply because his badge said US Marshall. Pretty appalling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just give me my 1.5 mil before dropping the hammer on him

That is not good

That pretty interesting..

Doubtful that he has any true involvement but not attention you want regardless.

Enjoy your prison stint Martha.

They like to make examples of celebrities.

I'm no Phil hater but why does everyone think that he is impervious to doing anything remotely wrong? Everybody has demons in their closet and this guy is no different. I'm not saying he is guilty but I think we all know that if this came out about Tiger, everyone would be nailing him to the cross by now. Just my 2 cents
I am a huge Phil fan, but I don't think they would have mentioned him if there wasn't something there. JRod mentioned Martha Stewart, which I was about to.

Maybe partially true but even before the 9iron incident there was a strong contingent of Tiger haters. I'm not saying in here but just overall
Just saying here that a TON of the Tiger fans are Phil haters, just a ton of Phil fans are Tiger haters. I would guess there are a lot more Phil haters than Tiger haters amongst the hard core fans of each, since imo there are more Tiger fans than Phil fans. And I think there is something to this.

Wow, will be intetested to see what the outcome is

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

A Phil fan ( how can you not ? ) . Hopefully this is just a quick story and nothing comes out of it . Loved Phil since junior days

Hate to see this....he is one of my favorites to root for

Back