What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot 85 today.
45/40 with a double on 18

There is always tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played 18 with a friend, wasn't much fun. He was constantly badmouthing everything he did and the course we where playing. (It's not a great course, I'm the first to admit it, but after 7-8 holes I know already.) Shot 44/41
Then I played the front again with a beginner, was much more fun. Saw it in my score too: 38 instead of 44 (!!).

My friend kind of f*cked me over. He knows I can only play qualifying when I play 18 holes. At the turn he said "let's both play qualifying". So we both got qualifying cards, while walking to the first he said "oh I'm only going to play 9, you can't play qualifying on 9 right?". Eh no I can't, why did I just make my round 18 holes and qualifying? Had to turn in my card with a DNF on it as we're not allowed to switch markers on my course. So up went the handicap.. (While I played 2 shots better then my handicap starting at the 10th hole of the day..) Nice friend :-(

Played a new course today, the Golf Club of Amelia island. The course was in great shape and the greens were not fast but very smooth. I played with my daughter and we both had a great time and shot very good. She birdied #9 a par three and she also birdied #13 another par 3. That was the most fun as a group of men waived us up to play thru on that hole. I had about 140 and was in between clubs so I pulled the 8 and dumped it into the front bunker. I always get nervous when people are watching .... Lynsie hit a great shot to about 6 feet and when we got up to the green they all were very impressed especially after she drained the birdie putt.

My best hole was #18. The fairway was nice and wide so I went for my Bubba Watson swing on my drive and killed it about 220 ... I had about 185 left to the pin and I drilled my 3 hybrid to about 4 feet off the front of the green. Then I drained my 20 foot putt from 4 feet off the green for my only birdie of the day.

Life is Good !!! Shot 79 40/39

Tomorrow we play Omni plantation ocean links course. Should be more fun as I will be playing with both my daughters.

Played 36 today. Shot 79/77. Had some good swings and some bad ones. First round we played on greens that had just been aerated and I only made one putt of any significance and missed a ton on makeable birdie and par putts. I had a pretty decent round until the last 3 holes and went bogey, double, bogey.

77 in the afternoon. Really struggling with my driver right now. It has stayed in the bag for the most part the last few weeks. No control over it. Mainly hit 3 wood off the tee.

Managed to squeeze in nine amidst the honey do barrage lol. Played out of my gourd. Hit 7/7 fairways and killed my G-20 all day. Missed just one fairway and chipped in on that hole. Usually putt better than 15 in 9 holes but I hit 8 greens. Finding the range better with the new Amp Cel irons

Played a new course today, the Golf Club of Amelia island. The course was in great shape and the greens were not fast but very smooth. I played with my daughter and we both had a great time and shot very good. She birdied #9 a par three and she also birdied #13 another par 3. That was the most fun as a group of men waived us up to play thru on that hole. I had about 140 and was in between clubs so I pulled the 8 and dumped it into the front bunker. I always get nervous when people are watching .... Lynsie hit a great shot to about 6 feet and when we got up to the green they all were very impressed especially after she drained the birdie putt.

My best hole was #18. The fairway was nice and wide so I went for my Bubba Watson swing on my drive and killed it about 220 ... I had about 185 left to the pin and I drilled my 3 hybrid to about 4 feet off the front of the green. Then I drained my 20 foot putt from 4 feet off the green for my only birdie of the day.

Life is Good !!! Shot 79 40/39

Tomorrow we play Omni plantation ocean links course. Should be more fun as I will be playing with both my daughters.

Now that's how you finish and round and break 80! Awesome job

First day of the NGI, I played pretty well after a rough start. five out of first at 75 (38, 37)

Been several weeks since I've been able to play, but range sessions have been promising. Playing a course I haven't played before. My stretch goal is 85.

Well my stretch goal for today was quite a stretch. Ended up with a 108. 54 putts and 4 penalty strokes. 54 putts!!!???!!!??? I tried a tank counterbalance putter on a buddies trip in early March and was averaging 50 putts/round with it. Thought it was the putter. Obviously now, it's the putterer. Two of the 10 greens I hit in regulation I 6-putted. How do you go from putting for birdie to carding a quad? And it wasn't like I was blowing the ball way past or leaving it way short. I was leaving it within 3 feet on the first putt and then it was series of burned lips and lip outs.

I can't complain too much. I hit the ball great. Just need to spend a little more time on chipping and putting... and playing.

Shot 45 over 9 holes. Wasn't comfortable with my irons warming up, continued to fade/slice them on the course. Played my miss pretty well, and played well with my wedges and putter. Overall, I'm upset that I could have shot better if my swing were better, but happy I can shoot about my average even when a part of my game is really off.

18 at my new home course Coyote Lakes. Shot a +2 73.

Shot a painful 105 at a new course with 7 lost balls...need to work on not hitting it in the water...it was just an overall bad day...my distances were off and my so-so putting didn't help me at all

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Shot 44-40-84 today after work. 2 birdies, 1 bogey, 4 doubles, and 1 triple. It really came down to 13 good holes and 5 bad. Had a great tempo with my swing today and really hit a lot good shots despite 7 FIR and 5 GIR. Short game has come alive and I managed 7 updowns. Im really excited about that little development. Caught some really bad lies in places. #4 was a disater in that regard. Needed the release after a tough week at work. A few beers, good friends, and 18 holes did the trick.

41/37 today. Only 3 putt was on 18 to shoot 1 over on the back. Very happy though with my score because of my limited rounds this year

41/37 today. Only 3 putt was on 18 to shoot 1 over on the back. Very happy though with my score because of my limited rounds this year

Very nice Brad! Glad to see you getting out some now.

49/43 horrible 92. It seems I have lost any game that I might have had. I used to have some sense of what I was doing on the course, now, I'm completely lost.

Today, 42/43 for an 85 with six pars and one double.

Last edited:
77. Didn't use the driver today at all and the tees were 6900. I'm finding I'm almost better off leaving it in the bag with my issues with it lately.

Played a tough course so I'm not too disappointed but played the par 5s +3. Just counldnt hit the fairway when I needed it.

That's a great round at that yardage and leaving the driver in the bag!

+4, 76 today with 30 putts. Great day overall. Burned the edge on quite a few birdie putts and still shot well. The Eagle certainly helped things.

uzagejyj.jpg

Went 42/47 89 today, but the best part was after 44 putts yesterday, I only had 31 today. The wind picked up on the back 9 making some shots quite a bit more difficult than they were on the front (9-hole course played twice). Had a few flubbed chips that I'd like to have back, so I still have some work to do, but my putting turn around has me quite pleased after today.

Second round of the tournament, not very sharp at all today. I had a three-putt and a bunch of $h@#k$ resulting in two triples and two doubles. 85 (39,46) for a two day total of 160 and seventh in the flight. Oh well

41/38 79. Bad round on par 70 course, but had some awesome shots. Won CTP and 2 Skins for the men's event today, but just had a couple of blow up holes.

What did you shoot today?

84 45/39. Some suspect play and a few 3 putts hurt.

I had 3 3putt pars this round. Ouch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back