My buddy lee,,this guy is a true machine

didn't Hogan preach a neck plane type of thought? It isn't revolutionary.

I studied so many many swings and techniques .. You might be right .. But all I know , in all serious , lees stuff is one of the few online techniques I understood and applied to my game . I mean no harm, just fun to watch a guy that mastered his motion . And I always ask or get approval to post his stuff . Thought maybe it might help some of you guys , I know cmotion. Not a master or expert , if you have Indepth questions best to ask lee himself . I just broke it down into ABC simple for me

Dont quote me .. But he is showing how simple it is when you just let things happen naturally when you follow facts not fallacies . He hits in front and down and is on a neck plane ..!His swing hasn't changed in 6 years .. A man that owns it for sure . Would take 1/1000th of that swing and would be happy .

I'm sorry. But what fallacies are you speaking off?

I don't think anyone sees it as harmful but Lee isn't teaching anything revolutionary. I watch guys that have full control of their swings every weekend and make a good living doing so.

Lee has a good swing, no doubt about it. But it is to me a modified knock down full swing. Short, compact and powerful.
I studied so many many swings and techniques .. You might be right .. But all I know , in all serious , lees stuff is one of the few online techniques I understood and applied to my game . I mean no harm, just fun to watch a guy that mastered his motion . And I always ask or get approval to post his stuff . Thought maybe it might help some of you guys , I know cmotion. Not a master or expert , if you have Indepth questions best to ask lee himself . I just broke it down into ABC simple for me

Guys I didn't wanna open this can of worms I was just trying to figure out what I was watching.

Guys I didn't wanna open this can of worms I was just trying to figure out what I was watching.

You didn't open any can for me Jrod. The can gets opened whenever the "fallacies" of swing instruction get brought up.

I was just simply trying to understand as well. Hell my swing isn't as good as Lee but the videos don't help me get there. Its also MM you say you want 1/10000th of his swing but you are almost scratch aren't you? Does Lee shoot under par every time or something? I think you're being a bit hard on yourself or maybe have a different agenda for showing all these videos. Genuinely curious that's all. Like I said before I'm not trying to sound harsh or anything, just been confused since page 1

You didn't open any can for me Jrod. The can gets opened whenever the "fallacies" of swing instruction get brought up.
For starters .. You don't need a flat left wrist impact .. You don't need a lot of lag .. You don't need to focus on a specific plane . You can play nice enjoyable golf not doing those items . I was shocked , very shocked .. But his methods thru play and a tourney proved it to me . If you choose to do the above , than by all means do . But by not dwelling on the look and more on result , I improved . Only person to please is yourself .. But in all all honesty . This stuff works

For starters .. You don't need a flat left wrist impact .. You don't need a lot of lag .. You don't need to focus on a specific plane . You can play nice enjoyable golf not doing those items . I was shocked , very shocked .. But his methods thru play and a tourney proved it to me . If you choose to do the above , than by all means do . But by not dwelling on the look and more on result , I improved . Only person to please is yourself .. But in all all honesty . This stuff works

Then we agree that there is no one right way to swing a golf club. That doesn't mean that I think all of those swing thoughts are wrong, just that there is no one right way.

IMO, he does have a nice swing. But that's about all I get out of the videos...

Otherwise it's just mumbling and non-sense. Not trying to be rude but I can see where a lot of other people are coming from.

If it works for you, great.

No perfect swing exists and no perfect method exists what works for some will not work for others. It is great that you have found stuff that works for you and someone to look up to for swing thoughts however that does not mean Lee's teachings should be gospel to everyone and that other thoughts are false.

His swing is repeatable and the same almost every time whatever the swing you play that is the take away for me when watching these. Have something you believe in and repeat it every time to the best of your abilities

Blu.. Bingo .. That is the million dollar response . Let's say , and than I will let this go . You have mechanics teachers that get results from following a preferred form / look. Than you have contact ball flight teachers that get results that way . Lee is the later . You can choose either , your choice . And I tried both . For me. , the best results and enjoyment is ball flight and contact .

We will work backwards...His swings starts with the same great set position, every time. This means he is swinging on plane, same plane everytime.

setposition_zpsd529f494.png

Lots of Lag on the down swing

Lag_zps8f5057b8.png

And this wrist is pretty flat, no bow, one way or the other.

impact_zpsa33c40a4.png

My point is that Lee has a great swing based on all the things you said he didn't need. These three positions are really the fundamentals of a repeatable swing. This was gained through countless golf balls being beat. All Lee got you to do, is stop thinking about your swing from a technical stand point.

It is amazing how much most great swings look similar at impact. If someone needs a different thought process to get to that point, then more power to you MM and Lee.

So how have you been playing MM?

Not .. I haven't played a round in a month in a half . Will try again next year , but I started working on game again. Very very rusty , but just fun to hit a few when I can :)!

I thought you were shooting in the low 70s? Why did you give it up?

Ah didn't hear about that! Hope everything works out!
It is going better .. Lot better . Just getting a swing here and there when I can . Believe me , just happy to go to the range now

had a trackman lesson , and learned a little something about post impact flipping . Lee mentioned the handle thing to me a while back , but didn't grasp it . This guy teaches something very very similar . Will give me something to work on in back yard , can do with small swings . Posted as it might help one of you guys
i also got bored of hitting straight ( as weird as it seems ) and started experimenting with lagging the club and swinging like hogan . The trackman proved to me ( swing your swing ) be you , and use what works

It is going better .. Lot better . Just getting a swing here and there when I can . Believe me , just happy to go to the range now

At least the weather's nice so you don't have to swing out in the snow in huge rubber boots!

Back