Minneapolis & WI Area - June 2014 Outing

Hah, Instills nothing but confidence in your golfing partner with him asking a question like that eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hah, Instills nothing but confidence in your golfing partner with him asking a question like that eh?

Haha!!! Don't worry dude, we'll win for being the most awesome group hands down!

Haha!!! Don't worry dude, we'll win for being the most awesome group hands down!

No one will be able to overcome the onslaught of Biggie, MC Hammer, Vanilla ICE and 2pac

Wait, we are playing golf? I thought I was going on a food trip.

Wait, we are playing golf? I thought I was going on a food trip.

I budgeted more money for food on this trip than golf. I think you know where my head it at.

Playing golf will be ugly...But if you want to see ugly, watch me put down like 3 Jucy Lucys after being on a diet for weeks.
#CrimeScene
#MeatSweats

Playing golf will be ugly...But if you want to see ugly, watch me put down like 3 Jucy Lucys after being on a diet for weeks.
#CrimeScene
#MeatSweats

Nice!!! Do we all need those plastic sheets they use at Gallagher shows to protect ourselves?

Nice!!! Do we all need those plastic sheets they use at Gallagher shows to protect ourselves?

It depends how close you get. I tend to inhale it before it flies, because the molten hot liquid center, known as cheese, is too delicious to let pass by.

I picked up a new pair of shoes for this and I may quite possibly have a new driver in the bag as well. This week better go by fast.

Room booked for a couple nights, ready to go, just a few more days!

dang, I'll be in minneapolis tomorrow night through friday afternoon. It would have been cool to meet some of you folks in person. I wish I had read this sooner, I might have been able to talk the boss into letting me stay an extra day!

#CrimeScene
#MeatSweats

That buffalo burger in Indy was a primer.

Sorry I can't join you guys this weekend, I bet you all have an absolute blast.

That buffalo burger in Indy was a primer.

Sorry I can't join you guys this weekend, I bet you all have an absolute blast.

Cant? Or won't? ?

if it were Chicago, it'd be a could. 11 both ways is a lot with SeeMore on tap the following weekend.

Tell me about it.
And the thought of having it in Chicago makes me shudder. Those events don't do too well there.

Tell me about it.
And the thought of having it in Chicago makes me shudder. Those events don't do too well there.

hahaha, let me reintroduce my Ohio offer.....

I hope you're popping Vitamin C like a mad man this week.

Honest question, cuz I was new last year I don't know the answer. I started posting the week of the last Chicago event, which was July 4th weekend I think. Were there Chicago events before that one?

Honest question, cuz I was new last year I don't know the answer. I started posting the week of the last Chicago event, which was July 4th weekend I think. Were there Chicago events before that one?

No. Although a few close by and few from the area have gone or expressed interest. Now we have Chicago event later this year (which will be amazing) and the same thing has happened. Its no big deal mind you. And certainly not one anybody is upset about or anything else. Just planning for the future and talking out loud.

Lots of things change. THP Events are not for everybody (which is odd unto itself). And lives "happen". With the evolving nature of the schedule, we will find places that people are genuinely excited about the prospect of an event in their area.

Anyone feel like swinging through NJ to pick me up on the way? I am not gonna lie, always wanted to play up that way and have looked at flights a few times. My wife would absolutely murder me.

I just joined the forums and am still bummed I'm missing this. Hopefully some of us from Northeast WI can get together for a round sometime...

I would jump for joy if we had an event in my backyard....So many fantastic courses and lots to do besides golf.... Dave And Busters seems to be a favorite after Indy this weekend and we have one close...along with Whirlyball! :) The Wilson event sounds like it'll be fantastic, but that's more of a *fingers crossed* b/c my fast finger doesn't help get into that. If you ever do decide to look at Chicagoland again (which I think you should, but of course I'm biased), especially northern Illinois (not near a holiday which seems to be the excuse for the previous Highlands event), let me know. I'd love to help. Flying into Milwaukee is easy and there's so many fun courses in the upper half of Illinois. Maybe that would entice some of these Chicago THPers to show up and experience the unbelievable time I've had at the couple of events I've been lucky enough to attend. I sure hope so cause they are missing out!

Enjoy the weekend rounds everyone! I really hope it's a great time for all :)

No. Although a few close by and few from the area have gone or expressed interest. Now we have Chicago event later this year (which will be amazing) and the same thing has happened. Its no big deal mind you. And certainly not one anybody is upset about or anything else. Just planning for the future and talking out loud.

Lots of things change. THP Events are not for everybody (which is odd unto itself). And lives "happen". With the evolving nature of the schedule, we will find places that people are genuinely excited about the prospect of an event in their area.

I just joined the forums and am still bummed I'm missing this. Hopefully some of us from Northeast WI can get together for a round sometime...

I'll let you know when I'm around Sheboygan. Again

Tappin pars

I would jump for joy if we had an event in my backyard....So many fantastic courses and lots to do besides golf.... Dave And Busters seems to be a favorite after Indy this weekend and we have one close...along with Whirlyball! :) The Wilson event sounds like it'll be fantastic, but that's more of a *fingers crossed* b/c my fast finger doesn't help get into that. If you ever do decide to look at Chicagoland again (which I think you should, but of course I'm biased), especially northern Illinois (not near a holiday which seems to be the excuse for the previous Highlands event), let me know. I'd love to help. Flying into Milwaukee is easy and there's so many fun courses in the upper half of Illinois. Maybe that would entice some of these Chicago THPers to show up and experience the unbelievable time I've had at the couple of events I've been lucky enough to attend. I sure hope so cause they are missing out!

Enjoy the weekend rounds everyone! I really hope it's a great time for all :)

Not sure I agree with you here buddy. The good news is that there are so many great areas, near there, that those awesome THPers that are in the area, can still travel to.
Read over the Chicago threads. Most of the time, the posts about THP Events, just get ignored. I mean not even looked at. In looking deeper, most from that thread even look into the event threads to see where they are located.

Look at the entries for Wilson as an example. I enjoy Chicago. So hosting events there has been something I have tried to do, when we can. But the participation from the area has to coincide with that. This weekend here is a good example of good location that IL members could still make possible. None coming. IN was another example.

Back