THP Bridgestone Indy invitational Pics & Recap

Dang! You just reminded me (as I totally forgot) that I was pondering one of the Purgatory Den Caddies they were selling. They were pretty sharp, and fairly well priced.

I might have to make a stop up.

My staffer has been sitting collecting dust for some time now, but after this weekend, I want to break it back out again. Maybe even find one of those Big Bertha mini staff bags.
I always love seeing staffers and getting the itch to game one, I just think it'll be too heavy for my push cart!

I always love seeing staffers and getting the itch to game one, I just think it'll be too heavy for my push cart!

Mini staffer is just fine on my clic hear. I say buy one, eveyone is doing it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I rather enjoyed using Callaway US Open bag on Saturaday. I carry to much to use one full time, but no issues getting clubs in and out of it, plenty of space. I liked it. If I ever move to a push cart, then I will probably look into a 9.5 inch top mini staffer..

haha maybe he said 'with the exception of that Rob dude'

He really needs to change his name. It affects the rest of us.

Obviously that was minutes before Rob drove the cart onto the green

Ok im clearing the air here. I was not on the green as the Gps on the cart showed I was 92 yards from front of green. Even the guy working there had no clue why it shut off and that there should be a sign or something to say not to. All in all it was a ploy so I could get Rickus who was near dead from cottonwood, to push the cart

Such a great thread, reminds me of Vegas invitational. Always great to recaps.

Ok im clearing the air here. I was not on the green as the Gps on the cart showed I was 92 yards from front of green. Even the guy working there had no clue why it shut off and that there should be a sign or something to say not to. All in all it was a ploy so I could get Rickus who was near dead from cottonwood, to push the cart

I don't think you can use the GPS yardage as an excuse I mean ours showed a 991yard par 3 on one of the holes in the back.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I don't think you can use the GPS yardage as an excuse I mean ours showed a 991yard par 3 on one of the holes in the back.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I thought it was 993 to the pin. lol

Come on, this is the Internet. You can say 9 iron.

I was at work today. Someone who doesn't play much golf decided he was gonna go play and was "crushing my 9 iron 200 yards!" All I could think of is #internetGolfer

993yds? I would have just chutted it to 6in

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I was at work today. Someone who doesn't play much golf decided he was gonna go play and was "crushing my 9 iron 200 yards!" All I could think of is #internetGolfer

I played with a guy last year that thought he hit it a long way. We were on a short par four, and he asked for the yardage. When i said 310 he said he was afraid driver would be roo much and proceeded to blast his 3 wood to about the 150 yard maker.

This really was a great weekend, all THP events are great,
I will start with the social aspect. The social aspect is what I always like most, making life long friends is amazing. Things started out at cheeseburger in paradise, the place was great, the food rocked, the beer was cold and the atmosphere was perfect. I do believe Pete needs an intervention when it come to egg burgers. Adam is not a fan of cheap scotch and the waitress was a little small for tastes but I was willing to make an exception :p
Before dinner Saturday night a bunch of us went to golf smith, was a lot of fun, and for the record Tyler can mash the ladies driver. Dinner was at buca and again a perfect place, great atmosphere and great food. Pete did text me during dinner saying he was ready to go get am egg burger (see above about needing an intervention)
After dinner the real fun began at Dave and Busters, everything you have heard about 4 way air hockey is true, it is a contact sport, and James I was not flexing, I was loosening up lol. Ivey shanks is the king of nascar even if when he says nascar it sounds like last call. Mike dean is a stud at 6 man trivia. After D&B mike, Pete, Alek and myself had the great idea to go to Wendy's (in Indiana you can walk through the drive through) all I can say is do not go to Wendy's at midnight, baconator plus a frosty translates to don't get down wind from me.
Rbarrhie was my roommate and he is an awesome guy, a true gentlemen and a pleasure to be around, I hope to get a round in with him next time.
Looking back the only regret I have is there was not enough time in Indy, I did not get spend time with everyone but hopefully a future event will rectify that.
A few shout outs:
Jman is am awesome guy, and it is always great to see him, we are going to play some local golf this summer.
Dev effing Rickus, Ricky is just awesome, I had never met him in person but feel like I have known him for a long time. His laugh and smile just light up a room.
Pete I really think is my long lost brother, I love that guy (no homo) this was the third event I have seen pete at and he the best guy you will ever meet.
Mike dean is a hell of a party planner and a really great guy, just don't let him talk you into going to Wendy's (see above)
CJ, I just love this guy, he also lights up a room, CJ really defines what THP is all about.
JB as we all know is a great guy, he makes everyone feel welcome and I am so thankful he had the vision to start THP, although he is my kryptonite on the tee box, will explain when I get to the golf lol
Tyler is a great young man, I had the pleasure of playing with Tyler in Dallas and I really enjoy seeing him, it is so refreshing to see a young guy who is mature beyond his years and a gentlemen.
I am forgetting many others (it's been a long week) but will get to the golf part and the others I met tomorrow.
Sorry if this rambled all over the place and for typos, tapatalk is not my friend when sleep deprived.

A little late to the party for my recap. When I got back home, I immediately had to play a Team Match Play round that had been delayed for almost 3 weeks due to my surgery, and Wednesday began our club Member/Guest Tournament. I’ll sneak in some random thoughts this morning before my round.

- First, thanks to JB, Morgan and Bridgestone for another great Invitational. Indy, and the Fort was a great venue, as usual, and I enjoyed it immensely.

- My weekend actually started Thursday night when I arrived and found that LightningBolt (Ron) was already there. I had met him at HHI, but we didn’t get a chance to spend any real time together there. We had a couple of brews in the bar and got to know each other a little bit. Ron is a great guy, if you haven’t met him yet.

- The golf was great. I started out Friday at Purgatory with Rambler, tgtt, and tpluff. It was a really fun round with a lot laughs, especially at some great looking shots that ended up not so great long. Hitting the green didn’t work; hitting in front of the green didn’t work much either. I was thinking that they should have just gone ahead and named the course “Hell” instead of Purgatory. But, we managed to not embarrass ourselves scoring despite the challenging conditions.

- On Saturday for the tournament, TOAD and I teamed up. It was the first time as team mates, but not for playing together. This was a great pairing because we know each other’s games well, have roomed together on these things a few times and get along great. We played well enough to win, actually, and would have had it not been for 3-putting 10, 11 and 12 (sigh, coulda, shoulda, woulda). Our pairing was with Bullfrog and Amart, which turned out great—both a lot of fun to be with, and I’d tee it up with them anytime, anywhere.

- Sunday I got to play with tpluff again, the better looking Dean brother (Rob) and Ricky. With the pressure of the tournament over, this was purely for fun, and we sure had some laughs. Ricky cracks me up (period). Rob constantly reminding Tyler that had he played this good yesterday they would have won. (Tyler had an eagtle putt on 18 that would have gotten him in at even, but settled for birdie and 73, I think, despite me giving him a perfect line to the hole.

- I stalled long enough getting there that I didn’t have to help push Rob’s cart which automatically shut off when he drove it into a prohibited area.

- TOAD did not fall into, nor out of, a bunker all weekend. Possibly a first.

- rbarthle saying he felt old at 41 at his first THP outing made me laugh. Rob, you will never have to feel that way at any THP event that I’m attending.

- I’m sorry to have missed Dave and Busters, but I think I avoided possible bodily injury and got some needed rest instead.

- Mike Dean does really long video recaps! ZZZZZZZZZZZ! (JK)

- Don’t sit on the wrong end of the table at Bucca di Beppo. By the time the family style plates get to your end, they will be empty. Stopped at Steak & Shake for a burger and shake on the way back to the hotel.

- Did I mention that Ricky cracks me up.

- I second the vote that kc720 (Kang) might be the nicest guy you’ll ever meet.

- Did I actually witness Canadan miss a shot? No, it must have been my imagination.

- Egg burgers are so good I think I’ll have our halfway house put them on the menu.

- O’Carroll plays some interesting golf shots. I would never have thought of playing it off the bridge on 18 in order to get it into position for that birdie. Of course, another 10 yards or so and he would have killed one of us.

- Speaking of 18, that wasn’t the beer cart I was involved with—it was the beer cart girl. I chatted her up in order to keep her there so guys could buy some beers from her. It didn’t hurt that she was probably a 14 on a scale of 1-10. She actually bought me a Shandy! Eat your heart out Shane#s. ( I did tip her well though).

I’ve run out of thoughts, and have to go play some golf. I hope my partner is up to carrying me.

Haha, smooth talking Vman, I grabbed my drink and got out of the way of you and the cart girl

Wasn't this me???? LOL
I played with a guy last year that thought he hit it a long way. We were on a short par four, and he asked for the yardage. When i said 310 he said he was afraid driver would be roo much and proceeded to blast his 3 wood to about the 150 yard maker.

Rob constantly reminding Tyler that had he played this good yesterday they would have won. (Tyler had an eagtle putt on 18 that would have gotten him in at even, but settled for birdie and 73, I think, despite me giving him a perfect line to the hole.

Hahaha I forgot all about this. For the first 3 holes all we heard was "Tyler, you make another birdie and I am heading straight to the rant thread".

Quick recap time!

What a first Invitational for me. Such a different event, on a totally different scale from #theKing.

Saturday got off to an early start with Dhartmann34 picking me up at 4am. This was the first time meeting him, but it was like we had been friends forever. A common theme when it comes to THP events.

We got down to The Fort at about 8:30, and what a sight it was on the range. A ton of THPers warming up, and so much awesome equipment. I introduced myself to a bunch of guys, and warmed up a bit. I resisted the temptation to hit every club in site, and spent a little time on the chipping green and practice bunkers, which paid off during the round.

For the competition, I was teamed up with golf3rguy, and we were paired with bhilln, and amsmith61, and what a great group it was. We just had a blast. Eric and I played really well together. His length off of the tee helped me out a ton on the front. If I could find an extra 20 yards off of the tee, I'd be thrilled! We thought we would have a good chance to win, stringing together a couple birdies in the closing holes, but it just wasn't enough. Guys, I hope we can all tee it up again soon!

Bucca was awesome for dinner, and Dave & Busters was probably the best idea ever!

Sunday I was paired up with PhillyV, bullfrog, and DavidWinchell. You knew right away that we were going to have fun. We had the tunes blasting out of both carts, and the mood was loose. I'd definitely play with those 3 again. Sometime when I'm in Ohio, we should make it happen. After shooting an amazing opening 8 holes, Prarie View started to show her teeth, and I came back down to earth quickly. That was such a fun course to play, and I would love to get another chance at it.

Thanks to Morgan, JB, and MikeDean441 for putting all of this together! I can't wait for my next THP event!

Quick recap time!

What a first Invitational for me. Such a different event, on a totally different scale from #theKing.

Saturday got off to an early start with Dhartmann34 picking me up at 4am. This was the first time meeting him, but it was like we had been friends forever. A common theme when it comes to THP events.

We got down to The Fort at about 8:30, and what a sight it was on the range. A ton of THPers warming up, and so much awesome equipment. I introduced myself to a bunch of guys, and warmed up a bit. I resisted the temptation to hit every club in site, and spent a little time on the chipping green and practice bunkers, which paid off during the round.

For the competition, I was teamed up with golf3rguy, and we were paired with bhilln, and amsmith61, and what a great group it was. We just had a blast. Eric and I played really well together. His length off of the tee helped me out a ton on the front. If I could find an extra 20 yards off of the tee, I'd be thrilled! We thought we would have a good chance to win, stringing together a couple birdies in the closing holes, but it just wasn't enough. Guys, I hope we can all tee it up again soon!

Bucca was awesome for dinner, and Dave & Busters was probably the best idea ever!

Sunday I was paired up with PhillyV, bullfrog, and DavidWinchell. You knew right away that we were going to have fun. We had the tunes blasting out of both carts, and the mood was loose. I'd definitely play with those 3 again. Sometime when I'm in Ohio, we should make it happen. After shooting an amazing opening 8 holes, Prarie View started to show her teeth, and I came back down to earth quickly. That was such a fun course to play, and I would love to get another chance at it.

Thanks to Morgan, JB, and MikeDean441 for putting all of this together! I can't wait for my next THP event!

Cant believe you left out McDonald's. For shame!

Cant believe you left out McDonald's. For shame!

I thought that was a special moment for us Ricky!

Everyone else, don't go to the McDonald's in Fishers if you're interested in getting out of there in a hurry! Fast food my eye!

On to the golf now:
I did not get to play Friday as I had to work for a few hours Friday morning, but I was in the lobby as everyone made they way in from Purgatory, I talked to Jugger for a while (great guy) and I think I might have saved a couple dozen golf balls by missing Friday round.
Saturday morning, things start at the range and like many have said its a great site to see a range full of THP'ers. I tried to make my rounds and say hello to everyone I could (again the only bad thing is not enough time to chat with everyone) After watching people on the range you realize THP is full of some really good golfers, watching Toad and Vman (one of my favorite THP'ers, such a great guy and true gentleman) hit drivers on the range makes me very jealous, both these guys are driving machines.
I mentioned this before but must mention it again, Tweety Bird (refer to my picture from breakfast sauturday lol) aka Kang Clause walks up to me on the range and says here is I shaft I want to give to you as I think it would work great in your alpha, I can not express in words what that meant to me. Kang thank you again, and just for record United has a direct flight from Denver to Springfield, MO, get down here for a weekend of Ozarks golf :)
Then its onto the first tee (another great site) a few things I saw (yes I was hiding in the shade) Phillyv split the fairway with the first tee shot of the day!! I saw Canadan actually hit a bad shot, I almost had a heart attack and made me realize it can happen to even the best players.
My group was the last group off. I have learned JB is Kryptonite to me and Pete on the first tee, if some of you remember Pete and I had take a drop on first hole in LC. We this first tee was not much better, Pete hooked his way left (imagine that from a HookersRUs member) and I actually made good contact on the first tee, only problem was, someone put a damn tree on the left side of the hole and my ball dented the tree and came back at us, I almost to yell FORE for my own tee box, but I did beat my LC drive by about 29 yards :D Parshooter36 was my partner and like the whole day we were in great shape with his drive. Andy is a great guy and very good player. He hits every fairway and is a machine with the putter. Andy I had a great time. We fought it on the front, but really well on the back, shot a 39 which I was very happy with. If I would have helped Andy on the front we would have a had a chance. Like keegan said in his post, Andy is going to do very well in the MC. He is steady and again just a great guy, I will be cheering my tail off for Andy. Keegan and I both said more than once, dang we want Andy in every scramble we play in.
We were paired with my brother from another mother Pete and Playdough. Pete and Playdough struggled a little on the front like I did, but these guys can play. Pete is one my favorite THP'ers and he makes everything fun. This was first time interacting with Keegan and he is a great guy as well, his belt will blind you though, watch the sun when playing with keegan haha. He muders a tee ball!! It was a really fun round, I would tee it up with 3 gentlemen anywhere anytime!!!
The Fort was a perfect course for this outing, great condition and a shot makers course. You could tell The Fort was excited to have us there and I would love to play it again.

Sunday was another great day. From the moment we arrived at Prairie View we were made to feel very welcome, one of the friendliest staffs I have ever seen. I freaking love this course, great conditions and a very fun layout, at some time I will be making a return trip to Indy to play this course again!!!
My group on Sunday was Bhillin, Adam and Lightning Bolt. Another great 4 some. I had not met B before sundays round and I really enjoyed riding with him and playing with him. Really good guy and a good player. Adam is another one of the younger guys and just a flat out nice kid. He had his best round of the weekend sunday and his passion for golf shows and I know he will continue to improve. Bolt (Ron) and I played a little match play and it was a blast. Neither of us played good (neither of us could hit a wedge or Putt to save our lifes) but this proves you can have a fun match at THP even when you play bad. For the record Ron is internet long, he punishes a golf ball, and I am not exaggerating at all. When his wedge play and putter are on, he can go really low!!!

I know in both my recaps I have forgot some good moments and good people, but I am old and senile :D
I would like to request right now, that next year we go back to Indy and play these amazing courses again.

Thanks to Bridgestone Golf, JB, Morgan and Mike Dean, perfect weekend!!!!!!

I hope to see some THP'ers come to the Ozarks this summer, open invitation to anyone that wants to come this way :)

Wow! What an incredible shot .. allll of these are just schaweeet! But this one is just insane lol.
GolferGal .. what set-up were you using for these great captures?
I'm guessing a GoPro and snipping the single frame in post process? Awesome images! :thumb:

i-jDwZ7zP-XL.jpg

Back