Withings Pulse o2 Fitness Tracker

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Bought this to keep me motivated as well as keep track of a few things for myself. I will update this from time to time with my thoughts on the device.

uperu6e5.jpg

uva2emu2.jpg

e6y7ydy2.jpg

very intriguing. Fitness tracking sounds like a wonderful idea.

Checking blood oxygen level is a very cool feature!

Is it like a heart monitor or do you wear it like a watch?

• Admin
Do you know if this can integrate with fitness apps? Or does it have it's own?

Only reason I ask is that I use an app for biking, and it has a lot of other features that need a heart monitor, etc.

I looked at the Samsung and LG ones the other day. It seems like all of them have strengths and weaknesses. Keep us updated on this one.

• Admin
Do you know if this can integrate with fitness apps? Or does it have it's own?

Only reason I ask is that I use an app for biking, and it has a lot of other features that need a heart monitor, etc.

It can. It was one of the reasons I chose this one. All have their own apps and some are better than others. This one (and some others) can also use a myriad of other apps and not only can use them, but recommend it, especially for biking.

Hmmm. Man, I do like the sounds of that. One thing I struggle with is the guesstimations the apps give you on calories burned. They base it on speed/elevation, but I question the accuracy at times. Good example is carrying the kids behind my bike in the carrier. Lots of weight added, so I can't go as fast, so my calories burned are recorded as low. However, I'm still at the same level of exertion as if I was going faster without them. This type of thing would add some accuracy to it all.

Hmmm. Man, I do like the sounds of that. One thing I struggle with is the guesstimations the apps give you on calories burned. They base it on speed/elevation, but I question the accuracy at times. Good example is carrying the kids behind my bike in the carrier. Lots of weight added, so I can't go as fast, so my calories burned are recorded as low. However, I'm still at the same level of exertion as if I was going faster without them. This type of thing would add some accuracy to it all.

Accuracy will always be questioned a bit with these. GG's Garmin is the most accurate I have seen to date in measuring steps. We researched for a long time and then talked to a running store that specializes in this thing. They led us to hers, which is pretty darn awesome. I didnt need the GPS function as a non-runner, so preferred something that did a few things I wanted.
It had to have an app I liked
It had to have a watch function so I would actually wear it.
It had to monitor sleep.
It had to work well with other apps.
It had to have a badge type system to keep me motivated.

It came down after reviews and research to this one and one other. This one was lighter and more comfortable, so I went with it.

This is all a new world to me, so that's good info to have. I just sort of glossed over the idea that I could add something like this into the picture. Heartrate is particularly something I wouldn't mind having more info on.

This is all a new world to me, so that's good info to have. I just sort of glossed over the idea that I could add something like this into the picture. Heartrate is particularly something I wouldn't mind having more info on.

You can check this one out when I get up there for the round in MN/WI.

Accuracy will always be questioned a bit with these. GG's Garmin is the most accurate I have seen to date in measuring steps. We researched for a long time and then talked to a running store that specializes in this thing. They led us to hers, which is pretty darn awesome. I didnt need the GPS function as a non-runner, so preferred something that did a few things I wanted.
It had to have an app I liked
It had to have a watch function so I would actually wear it.
It had to monitor sleep.
It had to work well with other apps.
It had to have a badge type system to keep me motivated.

It came down after reviews and research to this one and one other. This one was lighter and more comfortable, so I went with it.

The motivation part is important. A couple years ago I had the Jawbone Up, before I got hurt and ended up going back to square one, where I am now. The social aspect of that helped a lot, as I knew several people who had one. I recall a few different times getting ready for bed and seeing that one of my friends had logged 1,000 more steps than me, causing me to put on my running shoes for a late night jaunt around the block. The competition aspect helped. Unfortunately, the UP had a few annoying things about it, and I no longer wear it. I am getting ready to start a bit of a fitness journey, and haven't decided which device I want yet. This looks intriguing.

Some wearing pics and you can also clip it instead of wearing it.

8y2ymenu.jpg

u3e2e2a9.jpg

The motivation part is important. A couple years ago I had the Jawbone Up, before I got hurt and ended up going back to square one, where I am now. The social aspect of that helped a lot, as I knew several people who had one. I recall a few different times getting ready for bed and seeing that one of my friends had logged 1,000 more steps than me, causing me to put on my running shoes for a late night jaunt around the block. The competition aspect helped. Unfortunately, the UP had a few annoying things about it, and I no longer wear it. I am getting ready to start a bit of a fitness journey, and haven't decided which device I want yet. This looks intriguing.

The UP24 was one that I actually ordered and then cancelled. Love the app and social aspect, but not having a watch or display was a no go for me. Otherwise it had just about everything I wanted.

Maybe I'm old school, but I really like wearing different watches daily, one of the small things of personal style I actually have! :) I tried wearing the Fitbit Force up, I enjoyed the data collection, but (outside of the rash), just missed my watch. The Withings might be the way to go since you can clip it, pocket or watch wear it. (I generally carry only wallet, keys and cell phone.)

I'm also totally curious to see Apple iOS 8's health tracker aggregation software.

Checking blood oxygen level is a very cool feature!

But practically pointless for the majority of the population given that oxygen saturation stays fairly consistent for most people.

So far so good.
Worn it every day and it has tracked me every day. Tracks a lot of interesting stuff including my sleep patterns.
With it I have been able to see a lot of what makes up my days.
I keep it clipped or in my pocket for the most part until I am leaving or go to bed (then it goes on as a watch).

Forgot one thing.
I ordered the Withings wireless scale to complete a unique tracking journal.
It will wirelessly sync with the app (and others) to track your weight and BMI.
Amazon had it for $86

I love these kinds if devices but I would never buy one for myself. I think I would just toss it to the side after about a month.

I hope it works for you though Josh. It looks like it can track a bunch of stuff for you to help accomplish your goals.

I love these kinds if devices but I would never buy one for myself. I think I would just toss it to the side after about a month.

I hope it works for you though Josh. It looks like it can track a bunch of stuff for you to help accomplish your goals.

Im with you buddy. It keeps me accountable and that is/was what I need(ed) the most.

Im with you buddy. It keeps me accountable and that is/was what I need(ed) the most.

Good for you. The hardest part of change is staying with it. For me anytime I make an exercise or diet change, if I miss a day it usually ends badly. I just need to remember why I am making the changes.

Good for you. The hardest part of change is staying with it. For me anytime I make an exercise or diet change, if I miss a day it usually ends badly. I just need to remember why I am making the changes.

Yeah, I am exactly the same way. My new plan that I am on is 5 days on and 2 days off for diet. It has been working great so far.

Yeah, I am exactly the same way. My new plan that I am on is 5 days on and 2 days off for diet. It has been working great so far.

Interesting. That seems like a easier way to diet. Doesn't feel so much like a diet and gives you a little more freedom. Do you get to pick your off days? Or just use the weekend for them?

Interesting. That seems like a easier way to diet. Doesn't feel so much like a diet and gives you a little more freedom. Do you get to pick your off days? Or just use the weekend for them?

I pick them, but truthfully for me, they are the weekends usually because I am traveling and can enjoy the food that I get to experience on the road without worrying too much.

Back