Hello, my name is ball striker....and I'm a club ho

ball striker

Reaction score
So I went in to Dicks today looking to buy a Nickent hybrid and walked out the door with a new Ogio cart bag, a set of Mizuno JPX EZ pro forged and a new Corza mallet. These were items I certainly didn't need. It won't lower my index and I've learned years ago that equipment is only as good as the person using it. I need help. I made it a point this year to sell most of my gear and use only what I need like my current setup. I don't think the mizzies are better than my cb3 irons but they just looked pretty and they had my size in stock. Anyone else struggle with the urge to spontaneously spend on equipment that you don't need or am I alone???

haha pretty epic haul! i think i've gotten better with a lot i actually still have this pipe dream that i can find the perfect bag and keep it together for a few years and maybe always keep it as a back up. but that still hasn't happened although i do think i'm getting closer. buying new shiny things is fun though!

I have this problem on a smaller scale, i buy clubs off ebay way too much. I rationalize it by telling myself i got a great deal. When i used to see a therapist he was no help either, he was a golfer too, and he would congratulate me for scoring such good deals. I'm trying to stop by thinking about how i can use the money i spend on clubs for greens fees. I imagine its better to play golf than collect golf clubs.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the club

I've toned down a lot this year. I was never that bad.

I can't afford to have this problem

Welcome to the club

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

LOL, great intro: welcome to THP!

Ebay is my usual source but after seeing the deals they had on Nickent hybrids I had to take a peek. Funny thing is I didn't even get the Nickent. I got side tracked. Loll. It isn't normal for me to buy a set off the rack but it was the same deal they had going on ebay and the +1/2" in stiff sold me. The aqua bag was 30% off and it came in blue on black and the putter came stock with a super stroke 2.0. That was my rationale for pulling the trigger anyways.

I'm attempting to reform myself this year, after buying and trying something like 3 iron sets this offseason (at least I settled on the last set). Thankfully, I'm pretty much set on a bag this year. Well, maybe except for my wedges... And fairway wood...

I do tend to get one club at a time more often than full sets of stuff, but it does add up. I probably have 25 golf club shipping boxes in the garage.

The thing is why do we do it. I guess I can equate it to my wife buying shoes and gucci bags but I thought my impulse golf equipment days were behind me. I think when I was in my 30s I there was a time when I had to have the latest and greatest. Now I know I can take an old set of wilson ge 1200s and shoot in the mid 70s. As I unwrapped the plastic and bubble wrap off ofthe club heads it was a moment of clarity. Well I plan on selling some sets this Summer. If I dont donate to goodwill or first tee they'll be sold for dirt cheap. It will help clear my conscience a little at least lol.

Hello, my name is ball striker....and I'm a club ho

You should try and shoot low with a set of Idea Hybrid irons.

Welcome, and we all have been there. I look at my bag a bit differently now than I did a few years ago, and resist the club ho'ing a bit better now.

I got caught up the "I'm a putter ho" last year. As a consequence I have 23 putters and 6 extra putter covers waiting for another putter to join the crowd. This year I am practicing dicipline. Aside from 3 putter covers, I haven't bought any other golf equipment. Knock on wood.

I have actually....like the a7os I still have collecting dust. Great line of irons geared more towards your mid to upper hdcp. After back surgery in 09' I rocked these for a season

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

I buy lots of stuff but mainly drivers and driver shafts. That said I'm starting to expand to apparel and all kinds of other golf goodies.
I don't NEED any of it but I don't see why that matters haha.

I have acquired a few clubs over the last couple years. Trying to hold back more this year and focus more on playing more. It's tough though with so much good stuff out there.

Hey ball striker..... Always look at the bright side... it could be worse. This could be your dog:

10170783_843261625689865_2048258168_n.jpg

I'm definitely a club hoarder, more so putters than anything else, but I have an iron fetish. If I had the funds I'd own probably at least 5-6 sets of irons. You're preachin' to the choir Ball Striker!

I can't afford to have this problem

I agree. My issue is that I don't want to get rid of my older stuff. I still have the original Big Bertha 3 and 5 woods with steel shafts, from 1995. Can't bear to give them up, even if they aren't worth anything.

I can say I struggle with this. I have purchased 4 sets of irons in the last 3 weeks and don't think ill use any of them.

I agree. My issue is that I don't want to get rid of my older stuff. I still have the original Big Bertha 3 and 5 woods with steel shafts, from 1995. Can't bear to give them up, even if they aren't worth anything.
That's exactly what I need to do. My wife gave me the "roll your eyes look and no sex for me tonight when she saw the box". Loll. Hopefully by the end of August I'll be down to 4 sets of irons. I currently have some g5 irons, wilson di7 irons and some x20s on ebay all for under 200.00. I'm confident they'll go quickly.

Back