The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those numbers are different if Rodgers plays 16 games. I know where you're heart is at, I like it, I just think those stats are skewed.

How many other options did the Browns have on offense last year? Also, I am willing to bet you that Jordy Nelson has a better 2014-2015 season that Gordon. Barring injury to Nelson.

You are going to compare weapons for Gordon when previously noted that the Packers had no weapons due to injury last year?

How many other options did the Browns have on offense last year? Also, I am willing to bet you that Jordy Nelson has a better 2014-2015 season that Gordon. Barring injury to Nelson.

mike make that bet just do it yards per game ....assuming gordon plays any :dohanim:

Sounds who's the better receiver: Jordy Nelson or Eric Decker?

Well, Eric Decker played with Peyton Manning, so he's probably better.

You are going to compare weapons for Gordon when previously noted that the Packers had no weapons due to injury last year?

nonono. The Packers had Randall Cobb for a few games. James Jones for the whole season (he isn't elite but he is serviceable) and Eddie Lacy. The Packers had more skill position talent last year.

nonono. The Packers had Randall Cobb for a few games. James Jones for the whole season (he isn't elite but he is serviceable) and Eddie Lacy. The Packers had more skill position talent last year.

I would rather have Cameron rather than Cobb or Jones both are extremely average

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I would rather have Cameron rather than Cobb or Jones both are extremely average

Are you becoming a Browns fan? Id buy you a cold one in Sept if so

The Raiders can have Jones. It's still a touch too early to tell on Cobb. But he has shown some very bright flashes. Also, Cameron plays a different position. The lines between Tight End and Wide Receiver are very blurred. But they still are different positions.

Are you becoming a Browns fan? Id buy you a cold one in Sept if so

No still a Bills fans I just think they have a ton more talent than they get credit for I love your head coach and love the aggressive d he runs while trusting his cbs one on one on the outside. I think they have the perfect set of players to run his scheme they just need some help on offense.

I feel for browns fans probably because both the browns and bills have sucked for so long I know what it is like

Could an argument also be made then that the opposing D's had to worry about more on the Packers O, potentially freeing up Nelson more? If Gordon is the only good player, the D's could swamp him without worrying about others as much.

Could an argument also be made then that the opposing D's had to worry about more on the Packers O, potentially freeing up Nelson more? If Gordon is the only good player, the D's could swamp him without worrying about others as much.

The former is more true than the latter in my opinion. The ball has to go somewhere. I'm not saying that Gordon isn't better than Nelson. I said I would rather have Nelson. Since Nelson is much more mature and a better professional.

Honest question blugold.
If Jerry Jones traded Dez Bryant for Jordy Nelson tomorrow morning, wouldnt you then be saying that it was a great trade because Dez is an upgrade? You can insert any one of those players you mentioned for Dez as well.

I really like Jordy Nelson but this quote did it for me. If this happened I would cry.

I really like Jordy Nelson but this quote did it for me. If this happened I would cry.

I still think that there has to be a balance considered between a player's ability to catch and run and be a teammate, and the crap that diva wide receivers do. I could only imagine what Rodgers would say to Bryant if Dez acted like that to Aaron.

I still think that there has to be a balance considered between a player's ability to catch and run and be a teammate, and the crap that diva wide receivers do. I could only imagine what Rodgers would say to Bryant if Dez acted like that to Aaron.

He'd be sent packing after the game. Green Bay actually runs a team and franchise. Dallas and Jones are an absolute joke.

Maybe teach him a Championship belt pose?

Maybe teach him a Championship belt pose?

You know when that stopped being awesome? When the Packers went 15-2.

The former is more true than the latter in my opinion. The ball has to go somewhere. I'm not saying that Gordon isn't better than Nelson. I said I would rather have Nelson. Since Nelson is much more mature and a better professional.

Maybe, just playing devil's advocate. And your throwing some big names out there, including the Bears skill positions. You really think the Packers' WR core is better? Forte is no one to sniff at either. You asked how they were so bad, you must not have seen their defense?

Maybe, just playing devil's advocate. And your throwing some big names out there, including the Bears skill positions. You really think the Packers' WR core is better? Forte is no one to sniff at either. You asked how they were so bad, you must not have seen their defense?

Nope. The Bears have a better core. The Lions have a better core just because of Megatron. But as a core, a group, the Packers receivers are really well put together for the system.

This debate was on the radio yesterday. The bears do have the best 1-2 punch at WR right now in the league and I really don't think it's close.

The next best, imo, if I'm not forgetting someone, would be jones and white (if healthy) in ATL

Ugh, can't believe I just said that about the bears, ha.

Nope. The Bears have a better core. The Lions have a better core just because of Megatron. But as a core, a group, the Packers receivers are really well put together for the system.
I concur :D
This debate was on the radio yesterday. The bears do have the best 1-2 punch at WR right now in the league and I really don't think it's close.

The next best, imo, if I'm not forgetting someone, would be jones and white (if healthy) in ATL

Haha, it's ok, the truth hurts some times. Hopefully we actually have a D this year to compliment that, and can then compete against the Pack for the division.

Thomas and welker/decker isnt too shabby either

I think Tampa may end up with the best WR tandem (or close) with Jackson and Evans if -- IF -- Evans can produce.

Also, not sure who throws the ball to them. But, I could probably be QB with those monsters on the outside.

Also, as an addendum, I think Roddy White is close to done in the league.

I am still amazed the Kaepernick got Rodgers/Manning type money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back