Status
Not open for further replies.
My sympathies JM. I remember when I lost my first dog, Boomer. It was completely unexpected and occurred almost a decade ago. I still tear up when I think about her. These creatures work their way into your heart in ways you never expect them to, and it hurts when they leave us.

It's over now. The vet showed up on time and we were all just sitting on the floor. Was very quiet and peaceful. Dixie had really gone down hill in just the few days since we took her to the vet. She labored to breathe some last night and this morning, but still ate and went outside.

My daughter did well as could be expected. Me? I'm not afraid to say it, I cried like a baby, and even typing this, I can feel it again. Thanks to all who have offered words of encouragement. Some of the most devoted and loyal animal lovers I have ever met are right here on THP and I really didnt have anyone else to share this with. It was not my intent to hijack this thread as stated in the first post, but since this is a pet picture thread, here is one last photo of Dixie Darling on the left.

RIP sweet girl. April 2001 - June 2014

imagejpg1_zps5f33e245.jpg

Just sad.........

JM

I'm sorry Johnny, I feel your pain bro.

Take comfort in knowing that she's no longer in pain JM. Once again sorry to hear, its never easy. RIP

Johnny, I'm so so so sorry my friend.

so sorry JM

I'm sorry Johnny, I feel your pain bro.

Thanks bro, I know you do and i appreciate it. I'm just a big baby. We will miss her, but we know it was the right thing to do. She was faithful to us and we to her.

#StillHurtsThough

JM

So sorry for you and you family Johnny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP sweet girl. April 2001 - June 2014
Sorry, JM.

It hits home with me as our girl is nearing 13 and now losing her sight. I nearly weep every time this happens here because I know I will have to deal with this eventuality all too soon.

Sorry, again.

Sorry to hear this JM. Such a good looking dog too

Beautiful pup Johnny. Sorry for your loss. I have a pit in my stomach reading your post and writing this one. My thoughts are with you and your daughter.

JM.. You and your family are in our thoughts.. Very few things tougher than losing a beloved pet.

My dog's name is Dixie too JbG. Sorry for your loss but you did the right thing. Doesn't make it easier to deal with but the pain will be gone soon. I've watched the vet put down 2 of my wife's dogs after we were married and it was hard. Here's to a new day my man.

Johnny so sorry for your loss. My thoughts go out to you and your daughter through this difficult time.

Sorry for your loss JM. It's always a tough situation when it comes time for that, but knowing they are without pain and are free makes it a little easier. What a beautiful dog Dixie was.

sorry to hear jm, try to remember all the good memories you had !

What a dork dog.

vu2enu6u.jpg
beryby3u.jpg

Trouble. My poor banister is turning to crap real quick.
my7uzyzu.jpg

Snagged this one last night. Needless to say they're inseparable.

7agymyga.jpg

Bringing Lexie and her cousin Mac to Doggy Day Care this morning.

pynedeqy.jpg

my7uzyzu.jpg

I've also got 2 cats. They spend most of the time in the basement and outside since we moved to the new house. The wife couldn't take them destroying everything. I bought a role of sisal paper and staple gun a sheet to wherever they like to scratch, works pretty well.

my7uzyzu.jpg

I recognize that look from the one on the bannister. That is the "wasn't me" look. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back