What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a disappointing 84. Went out in 40 before the league started and shot 44 on the back in the league.
However that statement goes its true.. The greatest distance to overcome in golf is the six inches between your ears.
Good news though.... xThor came through and gave me a new pair of gold shoes. Can't thank him enough for his generosity.
Now it's my turn to pay it forward.

I think we need to just strap your putter to your wrist. That's twice in one week that you've left it behind.

Ended up shooting 3 over par 39 night last night from the blue at Chili CC. Plays pretty long on the back 9 from there. I'm content with the 39. The greens were much slower than what I've been playing lately.

Played an 18 after work yesterday and had a great time! I was hitting great shots all round and my chipping and putting was on fire (for me at least). On Tuesday I had gone to the range to work on some things that I had read Tadashi talking about in the swing help section to people with similar problems to me. Boy did that help!

I was hitting all of my clubs much straighter and WAY farther. I flew 6 greens that I had no business flying over. On a par 3 180 yards to the pin (back) I flew the green and ended up 25 yards past it with my 6 iron :bulgy-eyes:. I generally carry it 165-170 yards, this one just kept going! Must have carried about 185. This was the case with all my clubs, going about 10-15 yards farther than normal and I just couldn't adjust.

I have also been practicing chipping like a mad man and that paid off as well, I holed 2 chips for birdies and almost holed out a 3rd! All in all it was a great round and ended up with an 88. I think I would have been around an 80 if I were able to adjust to the distance gains and hadn't flown so many greens as I was in position to birdie or par many of the greens I flew. Can't wait for the next round on Sunday!

Played the early bird at the home course. 40/38 =78

Staggeringly brutal round tonight. 98. 28 over par. Off the tee was terrible. From the fairway was terrible. Around the greens was terrible. and putting was even worse.

I need to get to a range badly.

Amazing short game round, holed out from the fringe with the putter twice. Four birdies, one double, three bogies for a one over 72. Had up and downs from 105 and 85 yds for pars. 2/3 sandies. Felt like I could get up and down from Venus today! That being said, so disappointed with my ball striking. Like braddman19, gotta hit the range and find it in the dirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went out for a quick 9 after work and ended up playing a full 18. Shot a 42/41 83 today. Tee game was much better, but my approach shots were a bit of a struggle: I kept leaving myself in difficult spots and couldn't get up and down. I still managed to get 6 pars and a birdie today, but my goodness do I have a serious case of the "what ifs" after this round. Another learning experience.

Played 27 holes today 45/40/38. Really happy with the last 18 holes. Chipped one in from 40 yards, one hop and in for birdie. Front nine the greens were dew covered and I couldn't get a putt to drop.

Went out for a quick 9 after work and ended up playing a full 18. Shot a 42/41 83 today. Tee game was much better, but my approach shots were a bit of a struggle: I kept leaving myself in difficult spots and couldn't get up and down. I still managed to get 6 pars and a birdie today, but my goodness do I have a serious case of the "what ifs" after this round. Another learning experience.

It will come together Nate. Stick to it!

77 Today on the Cypress Course at Cypresswood Golf Club played the Forest Tees
39 on the front with 3 bogies and 6 pars
38 on the back with 3 bogies 5 pars and 1 birdie
Used my new Rocketballz Stage 2 Driver for the first time today and I have to say that I liked the light weight of the stock 50 gram stiff Fujikura Rocketfuel shaft, as I bought this due to a shoulder injury that prevents me from using my regular gamer driver (Superfast 2.0 TP w/ UST Proforce V2 Stiff 66 gram that is tipped 1") as the weight and stiffer shaft is just too much for me until my shoulder heals up. Still loving my counterbalanced Manta Ghost putter too! Putts were all over the hole all day today but the ball seemed to be afraid of the dark!

CypressScorecard-Only-08-13.jpg

40/42 for an 82. Not a long course 6400 yards but I played without a driver as it is still with Golfsmith until tomorrow morning.

Had less than 8 foot birdie opportunities on 17 and 18 - didn't capitalize.

Good news is that the PW is out of the 3 wood but tonight I had a hard draw on it. Really need to spend some time on the range with it.

43 on the front nine tonight.

Shot a 43/43 tonight. Hit some really great shots and a few not so great. But overall lately I'm very happy with the way I've been playing.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

43/50 for 93, played the back in a cart and in a hurry before dark... I dont like riding

Shot two 79s the last few days. Start the rounds well but can't seem to hold things together on the back which is very unlike me. The heat is making me rush everything something bad.

Tap Tap Taparoo

What did you shoot today?

I played a good and decent round today, a bit unlucky on the 2nd, and missed par putts 16 & 18 with only a fraction.

9u8yveza.jpg

Last edited:
No card but lost my singles 6 and 4.

Won 3 holes which was nice but opponent was on fire, he plays off 16 and was out in +3 so I'd have really had to bring to win.
I played about to handicap I reckon, but he played really well and as a consequence, he won, no surprise there!
Tee game was a bit shonky, leaving the 3w at home was good decision as the 3h worked really well and going as far as I've been hitting the 3w recently (and much more consistent), happy with irons, wedges and putting.
Was also great company so a good day even tho I didn't win.

I finally had a decent round: 82 (39/43). I only hit 8 fairways, 5 on the front, hit the last three on the back, but my GIR was horrible. Missed all three greens 16-18! 30 putts, 14 chips! Can't chip that much and be scoring!!! But, first time in awhile that I didn't think I about my swing all day!!! Anyway, I'll take the 82 right now- only three shots from 79!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back