Awesome buddy, at least she's playing from the proper side!!! JK, is that her putter or her mom's? My daughter would love the pink grip and ball!

That's my wife's putter. She likes to switch back and fourth between that one and the shorter pink on that actually fits her.

Get to see the boy for the first time in almost a week today and I'm looking forward to that. I think the baby enjoyed a week of getting all the attention and I know the boy had fun fishing and hanging out with a grandma.

It is amazing how much easier simple daily things are with only one kid in the house.

It is amazing how much easier simple daily things are with only one kid in the house.

No doubt about that

At lunch and there's 8 year Olds running around with iPhones

Really?

Really?

This reminded me of an argument I had with my sister recently. She has 2 pre-teen daughters on social media, specifically Facebook. At what age do you guys think that sort of thing is appropriate?

Really?

My niece, at three, could use an ipad and call us up on her own ... intentionally. It's crazy. A bit funny, but a bit scary too.

Though I hope to not cave into our kids request for a phone until he is a teenager ... preferably older, like "you want one, you pay for it" older.

My niece, at three, could use an ipad and call us up on her own ... intentionally. It's crazy. A bit funny, but a bit scary too.

And to no surprise the dad was on his ignoring the kids as they ate
Just really rubs me the wrong way and the justification usually used is lame.

This reminded me of an argument I had with my sister recently. She has 2 pre-teen daughters on social media, specifically Facebook. At what age do you guys think that sort of thing is appropriate?

Teenager and I mean late in the game. Too many weirdos and we all survived without that crap so can they

I thought FB had an age minimum. My hope is that FB is considered too uncool to warrant their attention. What scares me is the other apps ... all the ones I won't know of. That is why severe mobile device limitations are necessary IMO.

Parenting Thread

Though I hope to not cave into our kids request for a phone until he is a teenager ... preferably older, like "you want one, you pay for it" older.

We have avoided as much iPad/iPhone use as possible with my daughter (19months). We even choose physical flash cards over an app. She still some how knows exactly where picture/games are etc. Having to slide the screen to get in the menu is no longer a challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have avoided as much iPad/iPhone use as possible with my daughter (19months). We even choose physical flash cards over an app. She still some how knows exactly where picture/games are etc. Having to slide the screen to get in the menu is no longer a challenge.

We only get to see my niece a couple times a year since they live half way across the country. With Facetime we get to "see" her more than our other niece who lives 60 miles away.

Technology: It is a blessing and a curse. Kids pick things up amazingly fast. I have to keep that in mind.

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk

We only get to see my niece a couple times a year since they live half way across the country. With Facetime we get to "see" her more than our other niece who lives 60 miles away.

Technology: It is a blessing and a curse. Kids pick things up amazingly fast. I have to keep that in mind.

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk

I agree, my wife and I are both from Ny. Her whole family is there and most of mine. FaceTime has really allowed them to watch her grow up. It's fun to watch my 92 year old grandmother use my aunts ipad to face time her. I don't think either of them grasp what it means to spend that time together.

Potty training, wtf

Holy carp I don't have the patience for this. My daughter is not easy. I should not have to clean up what mess just came out of a human being.

Last edited:
Holy carp I don't have the patience for this. My daughter is not easy. I should not have to clean up what mess just came out of a human being.

I'm reading this as my sons filling his diaper with a prize for me

I'm reading this as my sons filling his diaper with a prize for me

Haha. This was day 2. Day 1 was a little better, but we finished with 2 successful number ones.

mu3usyve.jpg

Went to the zoo yesterday.

Yesterday the boy asked me if we could play golf together today. Today the boy would rather do yard work with the neighbor than play golf. WTC - talk about things that make you wonder if you really are a kid's dad :)

Total 180 potty training today. Zero accidents and asked to go a couple times when she actually did have to go. Made it on an ice cream trip and a stop at the pet store without going too. Even said she had to go in the car with about 8 minutes till home and made it home and went. Oh man what a great feeling.

Total 180 potty training today. Zero accidents and asked to go a couple times when she actually did have to go. Made it on an ice cream trip and a stop at the pet store without going too. Even said she had to go in the car with about 8 minutes till home and made it home and went. Oh man what a great feeling.

We bought a potty chair tonight. Glad things are turning around

Set your phone on a constant 20 minute timer, and ask if they have to go every 20 minutes until they get the hang of it. My daughter was super easy, by day 3 she refused to wear a diaper to bed and has never wet the bed.

I have 2 boys that Im sure will be a different story.

Set your phone on a constant 20 minute timer, and ask if they have to go every 20 minutes until they get the hang of it. My daughter was super easy, by day 3 she refused to wear a diaper to bed and has never wet the bed.

I have 2 boys that Im sure will be a different story.

What age did you start the training?

Back