#TheGauntlet Travel/Stay Plans

Fazio Friday sounds like a plan.

I've played Fazio and Hills, might try to see the RTJ course Friday. Probably looking at getting in Thursday night and leaving Monday.

It's going to be weird having to whupp your arse instead of whupping someone else's with you.

That's ok, I already came to terms with throwing a beating on you and your team.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it for an afternoon round at any course or not. My wife is looking to go back to work and if she does, I'll have to take the kids to daycare on Friday morning. That puts me in HH at the earliest at 2pm, which is probably too late for a round.

Just made my room reservation a few minutes ago at the Hampton Inn on HHI. Glad I had enough points for both nights.

I'm considering shipping my clubs to what ever hotel gets booked. People flying into aspen do it quite often, and could be a viable option if the hotel is ok with it. Have to look into cost though.

Look into Shipsticks to get your clubs shipped directly to Palmetto Dunes. https://palmettodunes.shipsticks.com/ship

You guys might want to look at VRBO.com for some villa/condo options. There are some nice ones out there and the cost is usually lower than the hotel rates on HHI if you split them with your teammates.

Also, if you're renting a car check out priceline.com. I've been able to get some rental cars/SUVs lately for around $30-40/day.

I know that GG posted in here that she would have hotel information once the teams are finalized, but my parents own a condo in Palmetto Dunes that could be rented for a minimum of 3 nights. 2 bedrooms with 2 queen beds in each room, plus a foldout couch in the living room, and 2 bathrooms in there as well. If anyone wants to go that route, PM me.

You guys might want to look at VRBO.com for some villa/condo options. There are some nice ones out there and the cost is usually lower than the hotel rates on HHI if you split them with your teammates.

Also, if you're renting a car check out priceline.com. I've been able to get some rental cars/SUVs lately for around $30-40/day.

I am def going to look into homes/villas on property

Fazio Friday sounds great. I'll be down for that.

I'm looking at a flight into Charleston that arrives around 10 Friday morning, anyone else coming in there who wants to split a car? I'm planning on heading out Sunday night, but waiting to see what the itinerary looks like first.

I'm also interesting in Friday afternoon golf if anyone is setting up for a tee time around 2?

Those of you who are looking at or got a condo/villa, etc, do you have any openings? Please PM me if so.

My wife wants to come. I told her she'd be on her own as I'd be golfing and doing dinners and team stuff all day, and it didn't phase her. I think she's pretty excited about the prospect of having me gone from 7am-10pm. It'll be like her own vacation. We'll likely get a room at the place mentioned in the gauntlet thread since they're pet friendly and she wants to bring the dog.

Anyone else have a significant other tagging along?

I've played Fazio and Hills, might try to see the RTJ course Friday. Probably looking at getting in Thursday night and leaving Monday.
Looks like we have a 3rd for RTJ Friday am, Ornage Hog.

I like that RTJ Friday AM round but I'm leaning towards maybe Harbor Town in the PM. Who knows when I'll be back in HHI?!?!

Nah the wifey is staying home for this one.

I'm looking at a flight into Charleston that arrives around 10 Friday morning, anyone else coming in there who wants to split a car? I'm planning on heading out Sunday night, but waiting to see what the itinerary looks like first.

I'm also interesting in Friday afternoon golf if anyone is setting up for a tee time around 2?

Those of you who are looking at or got a condo/villa, etc, do you have any openings? Please PM me if so.

I can split a car Friday morning if needed. I'd rather get into HHI Thursday night but am fine either way.

Sunday night will be a dinner celebration I thought. Last time I left early from a THP event I regretted it big time.

I can split a car Friday morning if needed. I'd rather get into HHI Thursday night but am fine either way.

Sunday night will be a dinner celebration I thought. Last time I left early from a THP event I regretted it big time.

Ah, thanks Buddy. I was waiting for the notification to come out so I knew the times for things. Missing anything Sunday night is not on my list of things to do. I might just do the Monday AM out option then.

For those interested, GG will be releasing some hotel info in the near future Im sure that will be at a great price and very close to the golf courses.

For those interested, GG will be releasing some hotel info in the near future Im sure that will be at a great price and very close to the golf courses.

Yes, I will have a PM out to everyone sometime today. It's just been a super busy day, and with the store issue it made it even worse, but it will go out before bed time.

Definitely some strong options.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

We will say again that while this is not a stay and play, so we cannot limit who can come and who cannot, we urge people to really think strongly about bringing guests. Golf starts early and ends late. Then it is a quick showever before private dinners. These are held in private rooms and will not have access for guests.

There are so many great THP Events that are so welcoming and open for guests to attend, this really is one of the tougher ones. Your captains may want to meet with you even earlier. Might need you to stay even later. There is no telling what will come up, other than to be assured that there will be little to no free time anywhere in the weekend.

Definitely some strong options.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

We will say again that while this is not a stay and play, so we cannot limit who can come and who cannot, we urge people to really think strongly about bringing guests. Golf starts early and ends late. Then it is a quick showever before private dinners. These are held in private rooms and will not have access for guests.

There are so many great THP Events that are so welcoming and open for guests to attend, this really is one of the tougher ones. Your captains may want to meet with you even earlier. Might need you to stay even later. There is no telling what will come up, other than to be assured that there will be little to no free time anywhere in the weekend.

I will add to this, it's not that we are trying to keep guests out, but for at least one of the dinners we are literally maxing out the room space, so we can't even accommodate 1 extra person.

For those who are unable to attend the event because their wife and/or significant other says "If I can't go, then neither can you!" I will be more than happy to take your place. Just saying. :wink:

For those who are unable to attend the event because their wife and/or significant other says "If I can't go, then neither can you!" I will be more than happy to take your place. Just saying. :wink:

Divorce not an option?

My wife sees it as being on vacation on an island and I won't be able to bother her. She'll be fine.

ironically my 7 year old was more upset he was not going back to Hilton Head than my wife

Regarding Friday rounds it looks like you get a nice discount online reserving 45 days out. Here's the rates after Noon:

RTJ $69
Hills $62
Fazio $60

Back